Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Pathfinder

I like the term "Awakening". It lends some

I like the word "Awakening" to describe the experience. I will PM you. Curious to hear more about your experience.

Thespian
Old 22-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alassea
I felt invincible before, but now I feel so humbled, pathetic and most of all, vulnerable.

This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful sentence I’ve ever seen posted in Spiritual Forums. Why? Because it shows that you are alive and growing inside. Thank you, Alassea.

I strongly feel that the Universe is bringing you a lesson about denying certain feelings. Let me give you my interpretation of that dialogue:

Alassea: I am capable of controlling my feelings for others. These silly people fangirling and having crushes is beneath me. I am stronger than that.
Universe: Oh, really. Alassea, let me introduce you to …(actor guy crush).
Alassea: Oh, sh*t.

The Universe (your reference term) is bringing you a lesson about accepting ALL of your emotions, not just the safe ones. It will match the experience with your stubbornness, as well. Hence, the obsession…which is a form of floodgating in regards to forcing you to feel feelings that you previously could or would not access internally. You are emotionally overwhelmed because you held down these feelings for so, so long, Alassea. Now, you’ve got a floodgate of them pouring out. Years and years of certain feelings denied.

Vulnerability, which is what you were denying previous to this actor crush experience, is the key to everything. Vulnerability is what makes us accept our humanness, our imperfect selves as well as helps us connect to others in pain and not disregard or devalue their pain. I heard these words while reading your post, “She would not have been able to handle a real life encounter with someone, so a celebrity figure was used.”

Your current experience is meant to make you more whole, forcing you to accept ALL of your emotions, the good, the bad and the ugly. Also, my gut instinct is telling me that the Universe is prepping you for a real life encounter with someone that could not come about until you assimilated these new emotions into your life experience.

Best wishes! Thank you for sharing your pain. I’m sure someone else can also benefit from your experience.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 22-04-2018, 04:04 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful sentence I’ve ever seen posted in Spiritual Forums. Why? Because it shows that you are alive and growing inside. Thank you, Alassea.

I strongly feel that the Universe is bringing you a lesson about denying certain feelings. Let me give you my interpretation of that dialogue:

Alassea: I am capable of controlling my feelings for others. These silly people fangirling and having crushes is beneath me. I am stronger than that.
Universe: Oh, really. Alassea, let me introduce you to …(actor guy crush).
Alassea: Oh, sh*t.

The Universe (your reference term) is bringing you a lesson about accepting ALL of your emotions, not just the safe ones. It will match the experience with your stubbornness, as well. Hence, the obsession…which is a form of floodgating in regards to forcing you to feel feelings that you previously could or would not access internally. You are emotionally overwhelmed because you held down these feelings for so, so long, Alassea. Now, you’ve got a floodgate of them pouring out. Years and years of certain feelings denied.

Vulnerability, which is what you were denying previous to this actor crush experience, is the key to everything. Vulnerability is what makes us accept our humanness, our imperfect selves as well as helps us connect to others in pain and not disregard or devalue their pain. I heard these words while reading your post, “She would not have been able to handle a real life encounter with someone, so a celebrity figure was used.”

Your current experience is meant to make you more whole, forcing you to accept ALL of your emotions, the good, the bad and the ugly. Also, my gut instinct is telling me that the Universe is prepping you for a real life encounter with someone that could not come about until you assimilated these new emotions into your life experience.

Best wishes! Thank you for sharing your pain. I’m sure someone else can also benefit from your experience.

Haha, thank you.

I have had crushes on normal people before. Actually, my life would be easier if my current crush was a normal person.

That's precisely the problem. If he were a normal person within my reach, I would be happily pursuing him relentlessly and would not be denying the attraction.
The reason I'm repressing is precisely because of the fact that he's a celebrity and because of the general reaction I'm getting on here, everyone else outside the internet and common sense.

I just want to clear that up.
Old 22-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespian
I like the term "Awakening". It lends some

I like the word "Awakening" to describe the experience. I will PM you. Curious to hear more about your experience.

Thespian

I was also just thinking of 'awakening.'

It feels terrible lol.
Old 22-04-2018, 04:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Haha, thank you.

Actually, my life would be easier

Operative word...easier. Which is why it had to be a celebrity. If it had been a normal person, you would have been able to shut the feelings down.

Just know that the Universe is on your side. May not look like it right now, but it is.Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 22-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I feel like people who are replying haven't even actually read my post at all lol.

I already mentioned I have no attachments to the characters he portrays and that I don't even like his dramas.

Sorry you said he could have chosen better but I was looking at Korean dramas though my eyes, I thought that meant you still like them because personally I'm a fan of them, never had a crush on a celebrity though so forgive me for not seeing the same way you do.

But I guess what you are saying is something like that three days of grace song "I hate everything about you" or maybe not...
Old 22-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Master

There are many people out there who have documented their similar experiences with celebrities and spirituality. You are the only person who can answer your questions for yourself.

I am not sure about the rules regarding booklists here, but I can give you the names of some.

Research the terms "parasocial relationships", "celebrity worship syndrome" and "limerance" to see many of the research and concepts some come up with to describe this.
Old 22-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
There are many people out there who have documented their similar experiences with celebrities and spirituality. You are the only person who can answer your questions for yourself.

I am not sure about the rules regarding booklists here, but I can give you the names of some.

Research the terms "parasocial relationships", "celebrity worship syndrome" and "limerance" to see many of the research and concepts some come up with to describe this.

It's funny because I researched "celebrity worship syndrome" weeks ago precisely because you told another OP with her own problems to which was why I alluded to the little thing I put near the end of my original post. ;)

I could not resonate with the term because I do not worship people I don't know, I don't even worship people I do know, I am trying to cut him completely off from my life, I don't believe I am in love with him nor do I believe him to be in love with me.
I like to think I don't have schizophrenia and perfectly mentally competent.

Parasocial relationship and limerence, most likely. Which is why I am trying to get guidance, cut him off, cut all these feelings off to save any remaining dignity I might have left.
I miss the invincibility I used to have.
Old 22-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Hi Lorelyen:

So, I don't know if you read my post in details, but I...

- Already said that I don't claim that this guy is my soulmate or twin flame. I don't want to put a name to anything and I don't expect it to be anything.

-I never intended to post my issues in the Soulmate/Twinflame forums, but Angels & Guides weren't really helping as I was receiving little to no replies there so I figured this folder was second best.

- I never said I wanted to pursue a celebrity. I am embarrassed enough that this is happening to me let alone intending to pursue one. I don't want to go to prison for obsessive, stalkerish issues after all. ;)

- And yes, naturally, I tried to rationalize it and reason with myself. He's human after all. I see all sorts of flaws even when I don't KNOW him personally. I have been trying to dislike him for sometime now. It's a natural defensive mechanism for me when I'm feeling vulnerable. It hasn't really worked out. It's a problem because I find myself not only not minding the flaws.
He has extreme anger issues and even once mutilated his house out of anger and heartache plus he's been drinking.
Instead of scaring me away, to my horror, I want to get even closer to heal his pains ugh. It's like that.

- My only intention is to seek help for getting rid of these feelings.

Now as for your suggestions:

-I already started a journal because I find it calming to vent there as well as therapeutic.

-I already meditate.

-I have thought of moving there a bit for some vacation time and if we do indeed have some sort of connection, the universe would let us inevitably find each other but ehh. I don't expect anything and I also don't want to be a creep. Him not replying to my ig message was pride damaging enough that it turned me away from him for like a week before the feeling inevitably came back. It's annoying.

-I have tried distracting myself with things that I enjoy and it's going well but I am not feeling alive at all.

Like I enjoy what I'm doing but somewhere deep inside, there is an emptiness inside me that is a dull ache.
And ways that I cope with that is impulsive drinking at night. I am aware it's a terrible habit and am trying to cut back on it.

You're correct, I don't know the guy. Sometimes I feel like I do because I feel a certain 'force' and 'energy,' even that is illogical and irrational on this forum (and to me.)
That's why I'm humiliated with myself for feeling this way and joined here for guidance in the first place. ;)

Yes, I did read your post but have deleted my response.

Our beliefs are too in conflict that I shouldn't really have replied. I'm
down-to-earth myself but believe everyone is entitled to their beliefs
and felt that my reply may have partly come across as a critique
on yours. My intentions were meant to be good!

Old 22-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Seeker
K, researching this limerence term is really scaring me. Perhaps it's time I get into rehab after all.

Fantastic.