Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

View Poll Results: Are you waiting for your twin, not waiting, both, or unsure?
You are waiting for your twin’s return 1 3.70%
You are not waiting 13 48.15%
You believe you aren’t waiting but deep down you know that you are 11 40.74%
You are the runner so they are waiting for you 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2018, 01:55 AM
Experiencer
The Waiting Game

I have been thinking about this topic a lot, the topic of twin flames who wait for the other to return. I feel like many of us (myself included perhaps) let go of all attachment to our counterparts but in truth we continue to subconsciously wait for them to return. Or maybe we wait for answers, or an explanation of what’s really happened to us after we met this person and our worlds turned upside-down.

The bottom line is: I believe we are all waiting for something. And to prove my point, if we weren’t, we wouldn’t be here right now looking through these posts on this forum about twin flames.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:51 AM
Experiencer

I'm not sure what to pick from the choices. My TF and I both moved on. I was technically the runner, but deep down, despite knowing we've both settled into separate lives, a big part of me is still waiting for him to chase me one last time so I can stop running. (To be clear, I don't necessarily want a traditional romantic relationship at this point, but I still feel like I need him in my life.)
Old 06-04-2018, 03:05 AM
Guide

I am the NOT waiting vote (so far) My life is not going to be wasted on a fear ruled twin . Waiting and "holding space "is chasing. Something i refuse to do. I wasnt always in this state though but now that i am.. life is so much better. Atleast i wont get to be in the years and decades crowd of self created suffering who cant stop doing it.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:36 AM
Pathfinder
I'm not sure which option I would choose. Perhaps 'I am the runner,' but I don't particularly agree with that/understand fully what it means. She's waiting for me on the other side, but I'm not running from her, I'm actively trying to do the impossible to get to her.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:46 AM
Deactivated Account
It is a good question-

Maybe now try questioning the answer...

What elements exactly are you waiting for if said thing was to come about... what attracts you specifically to that outcome?
If you are waiting- why are you waiting and what specifically are you waiting for?
Are there any spefic elements to your answer which you can connect to within yourself, explore and draw upon?

These are just hypotheticals and your questions and answers are your own...
It is just to demonstrate how engaging and exploring this first question can open one up to explore even more deeply... to get closer to the core of one's own truth.

By waiting am I avoiding or limiting myself and my potential in this moment?
Is there something I can do or need to do in this moment to align with what I am seeking to explore within myself?

These were some further questions I ask myself when I feel myself waiting - for anything
If I am waiting there is usually something within me wanting to express itself so that I can expand and be more in alignment with my core self.

Once I know what and why I am waiting for something I can then find creative ways of experimenting with that aspect of myself... allowing my authenticity to come out into the light by giving it permission to play in the now moment.

I find that by being my true self... by being present in the now - I don't find myself waiting for anything as I naturally align to that which I need in each moment... I am not distracted - by waiting for something. I am in union in that moment with myself and my world.
Life is rarely a linear destination game...
Have you ever noticed how when you reach a goal or destination you are still left wanting? That is because the soul knows that there is no destination... life is a series of playful adventures.
Funny how our western capitilist world and weternised spiritual ideals seem to reflect one another... we set goals and make destinations for ourselves - never feeling satisfied and always waiting for more...
Though also...
Maybe there are some gems waiting for you to unearth them? Maybe you'll dig to find a better tool to dig for better gems lol... or a little map to another adventure... or maybe a bottle cap... who knows. Ask questions - question the answers against core wisdom.... or

To they own self be true
Old 06-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Ascender

If there is anything I've learned from my tf experience and my search for the truth, it's that waiting for anything is unhealthy. Whether its tf teachers preaching union or loa, or making lists and trying to forget about them, the outcome is it leaves you in a perpetual state of waiting. And being in that state is not happiness.
My objective and goal now is to have radical acceptance. I feel that is the only way to be happy in the moment, to accept things as they are. It's also about trust in the universe that your needs will always be met and that you are always safe. Think about it, why do people get readings or look for answers, they want to know they are secure and they want to know that in the outcome they will be safe. The truth is, we are always safe and secure, and the universe will meet your needs. It's about having trust.

I went through a phase where I was here and other places, looking for answers... then I realized that I never got them (especially in regards to tf). And I think that is because nobody really knows the ultimate truth for sure, and some things, we aren't meant to know yet. Now it's just entertaining to read and respond, so don't project your beliefs onto me:) I'm not waiting for anything.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Oh I'm waiting, even though I try to think that I'm not and that I'm free from all things stopping me from going further in life. I can still feel that I'm waiting for my TF to ascend (because I'm supposedly a chaser in this case and he's the runner) and reach out for me because it's "his turn" to do that.

Why am I waiting and for what exactly? I guess for clearance, to know where we both stand right know in this journey. I find that not knowing about his situation really frustrates me. Is that a shadow of codependancy? Perhaps. But I'm doing my work.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Pathfinder

I'm done with playing the victim and giving my power away. I'm not letting anyone jerk my emotions around any longer. I've set my boundaries, and I'm sticking to them. I don't care how deeply I feel for someone. If they treat me with disrespect, then I can't have them in my life. It took me forever to realize that I don't need to take that, no matter much love I feel for someone. I'm all I need. I am more than enough. I'm Love itself. So why do I need someone else to prove that?

Of course part of me is still holding on. I don't disregard that part. It signals that there is more work to be done. It points out my blind spots. For that I'm grateful. It's also that I haven't gotten any closure either. After today, I realize I have to find my own closure without her. It doesn't matter what she has to say, I have to allow myself to close that door on my own and only for myself.

There is no shame in holding on if you aren't ready to let go. If you push yourself to that point you'll only further your pain, and deny yourself the chance to move on when you're ready. Feeling your way through is the only way to find acceptance and peace. Emotions are far too powerful to ignore for too long.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Master
I know that I will be with my twin flame eventually. I've known him since I was 15 and always said I will end up with him. We have reconnected on FB, but now is not our time. It will be later on down the road when we're both a little older.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:44 PM
Master
Not waiting. I'm healing from it all, when I'm ready -and I almost am- I will start dating again and hoping and expecting to find a wonderful man to have a wonderful relationship with and to live happily ever after.
Yes, there is still love for my TF ex, but I am not waiting around for him to come back. I doubt I could even trust him anymore. Some things cannot be fixed. Sad, as I think and feel he's realized by now he's made a big mistake, but it is what it is. We will both have to come to terms with that this life and I'm doing just that. WOuldn't surprise me if at some point he is going to turn up, and I am almost 100% certain I will turn him away. Like I said, some things cannot be fixed.

So I'm healing and moving on. My heart chakra is beginning to open up again, only recently. But I'll get there :)