Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
During 1988, I was in my first year of recovery. Isolated, living in the forest, and my nearest neighbor was four kilometers away. It was so quiet from industry, that I could hear a car approaching my place from three kilometers away.

Every Thursday, rain, hail or shine, I would go to my weekly AA meeting, 74 km away. I had no car and in most cases I had to walk the first 24 kilometers before reaching the highway. Once I got there, hitchhiking the rest of the way was not a problem.

During one of those 6 hour walks, I was wishing I could get a lift, at least to the highway. I was wishing and wishing and getting nowhere quickly. Then it occurred to me that I need to be doubtless.

For three hours I tried to come from a doubtless frame of mind. Ever request or statement I could imagine always came from doubt. Eventually, I was able to imagine/picture myself getting a lift, without words, and pausing on that image without further conscious thinking.

Suddenly, out of the stillness, a car pulled up next to me. The lady driver ask if I wanted a lift. I was dumb founded to say the least. "Sure do" I replied. Then she asked where I was heading. I said, "To the town hospital seminar room". She said. "I am a nurse, just on my way to work at the hospital."

To me, that was another miracle of intervention, and as I have recently learnt, it is also one of support.

I love this story on many levels: your determination and strength in getting yourself to your AA meetings is inspirational. I will remember this when I have an obstacle in my way (because what I consider obstacles have been small compared to yours) And secondly, I've had many miracles of this sort where people/things you need seemingly pop out of nowhere for you, and this thread is a reminder to constantly keep gratitude in the forefront and to express appreciation for specific blessings often.

Thank you for starting this thread; every time someone posts a personal experience it reminds me of my own experiences. I write (just about) daily in a gratitude journal, and this thread is similar in that it focuses my thoughts on how connected we are to each other and to those not here on Earth. I've been reminded of just how much I've been blessed over my lifetime
Old 26-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Master
Way back in the 90's I'd kinda gotten this job to build a shop and me and my offsider met on our bikes to check out the space. Another friend was with the crew demoing (demolishing the old fittings) the place and it was all old wood in piles with nails in them scattered about the place. So me and the offsider decide the best way to do it, without words of course, is to ride around the space and over all the piles of wood on our bikes with the silly idea that if we don't get punctures the job is not only ours but will run the way we're used to.

So we did and we didn't get any punctures!

A few days later the deal was finalised as per deposits and styles etc and we're waiting at my place for the deposit cheque to arrive but we've got no transport other than bikes 'cause the offsiders car was towed the night before and even if we use the deposit money it'll take a few days to clear. Meanwhile offsider goes next door to the pub to see his friend who's working as a barmaid but comes back pronto and tells me there's a horse running in a race, about to start, called Molten which was what we'ed called our last enterprise before this. So we emptied our pockets and we had a total of five bucks and decided to put it on the nose as with the 20/1 dividend we'ed get 100 bucks to get the car outta the towies yard. And it won!

Then the cheque arrives and we ask to be dropped off down at the towies and she agreed so we got the car back and were able to start the job.

Alot of real miraculous stuff happened back then and it was fun pushing the envelope in that brazen kinda way but it also opened me up to the payback system which kinda taught me you're better off being alot more subtle and humble going into things so the miraculous doesn't itself need to be so brazen, that by being as open and quiet as possible the miraculous can be more soothing and soft, spread itself out more willingly.

Nowadays it's much harder to differentiate in the sense that it's all miraculous but I do see such when in particular instances with certain other people. It's like I have to show them how to enact their own possiblity in line with the help that's out there waiting.

One friend in particular who's got a huge wealth of possiblity but holds back somewhat has been shown, through me, the kind of way it can work and that's been fun. One time we were out driving in my car and approaching this two way street that's really a one way because it's so narrow and lined with parked cars... and it's a down hill run. Just as I'm turning into it that wave of possibility opens up and I turn to her and say 'watch this' and turn into the road accelerating then take the car out of gear 'no brakes, no speeding up.. this is faith and trust.'

We're rolling down the hill at a good pace and there's cars coming up towards us through this narrow gap and even I think good golly, I hope it works! And low and behold, just as I'm about to hit the brakes a gap appears in the parked cars and I can swing into the side narrowly missing the oncoming cars... it happened three times and I just steered, cool as a cucumber, while she's stiff as a board! After it finished and the curtains came down I said something like... 'Get it, that's how it works!'

Then another time she's living in this student high rise in town with card's to get in, ride the elevator, etc, and as I get a park about twenty meters from her front doors, which was quite a miracle in itself, I text her that I've arrived so she can come down and let me in. I'm thinking this'll take ten minutes, hrrgh, but I get to the door and someones leaving so I make small talk and get through into the lobby, choice... shall I climb the steps? but the curtains opening so I stay put and a few seconds later some people come in through the front doors and go to the elevators... yes, more small talk and I'm in the elevator with them. They push level 2 and I push 4 'cause for some reason that's the floor I think she's on. The other's get out at two and I'm left lonesome and then I feel kinda light, yummy, and the elevators stops at 4 and pings. The doors open and there she is about to walk in and get's a nice surprise!

The thing was that'd she'd been noticing how easy it was for me to get where I wanted... we'ed meet for meals or performances and I'd always get a part right out front no matter how busy it was and if we needed serving the bar would suddenly offer an opening to the front... that kinda stuff, and I'd feel that there was a showing going on.

Anyways we exchanged pleasantries back at her place and go to leave and do whatever we were going to do and I notice I'd actually gotten the numbers mixed up. I thought she was on the fourth floor in the sixth unit but it was the other way around... she was on the sixth floor in the fourth unit!
Old 26-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Master
Hello Mr Interesting.

Very Interesting .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Nowadays it's much harder to differentiate in the sense that it's all miraculous ...
I too find it all miraculous, as much as I can see numerous positives to ever negative, or seeing opportunities everywhere. I suppose it all points to how we perceive the life we walk through.

As a skilled cyclist, I have been told by a few 'cycling newbies' that I take a lot of risks when maneuvering among traffic. To me, it is a combination of observation, experience, clear hand signals, positive intention, and timing. I never get any negative feedback from motorists. They all know exactly what I am about to do, and they allow me to do it.

Nevertheless, I do take risks when racing. Every second, in a bunch, is enough time for wheels to touch (my front wheel is going down, while their back wheel is going up), which usually means a sudden loss of front wheel control and being flipped into the road surface. There is no room for letting go of control. But there is a thing called riding in the zone, where you become aware of everything at once and even foresight, fearless, yet in total control of both body and bike. After ten years of racing, I quite often ride in the zone.

However, I never push the envelope like you do. 'Angel gearing' down a narrow hill, let alone with a passenger, and frightening them, is something that does not enter my head. My old school friend, Mark, does such things, but it usually ends in some sort of calamity and embarrassment. Actually, it is a miracle he is still alive!

I understand the idea of having faith during risky maneuvers, and experiencing miraculous outcomes. But in my case, I also find that if my ego had anything to do with it, it always backfires on me. Well, that is how I experience it. We are different in that regard.

About parking. A close friend of mine has similar experiences to you. She calls this a parking angel, and always finds a spot right in front of the desired shop, or place of visit.
Myself, I find that I always find an empty chair right in the front row of any AA meeting I attend, just how I like it (no distractions), regardless if the room is packed with people listening through the windows.

On a general note:
Some people may class similar experiences as coincidences. Maybe so. But these so called coincidences get thinned down each time the same situation repeats itself, and it starts to point towards a miracle of co-incidences, where the co- is some supernatural intervention of sorts. IMHO.