Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 29-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Seeker
Healing PTSD/Anxiety

I have been dealing with PTSD/Anxiety related to the death of my brother. He passed away unexpectedly 4 1/2 years ago. In the past two years it has gotten to the point to where I cannot drive by myself because of panic attacks. Any advice on how to heal from this?
Old 29-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Master
healllyin sentt .....................................

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Master

I'm sorry you lost your brother. I'm wondering if your pain is from worrying that your brother is okay or if you just miss him.

If you are worried that he is okay or happy you might visit a reputable medium. If you are missing his physical presence I suggest you go to some kind of grief counseling.
Old 29-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Seeker
Thank you both for your responses.

Linen53, I think that he is ok. I've had dreams where I believe he has conveyed to me that he is doing well on the other side. I miss his physical presence. I have a lot of anxiety related to something happening to me and my parents being devastated even worse than they already are.

What's ironic is that I was actually a therapist before all of this happened. I stopped working in the counseling field when he passed away. It has been downhill ever since. I have been putting off choosing a therapist for myself. I keep wanting to find "the right one." I have realized that I might be afraid to delve into the pain and have certainly been putting it off and making excuses. However, I recently decided that I'm going to find myself a therapist very soon.
Old 29-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Master

There is a time for everything and apparently you know your time has come to heal from your tragic loss. You began that process when you started this thread.

Ironically, the stress of worrying about something happening to you for the sake of your parents is wearing you down and opening the possibilities of illness. I'm sure you see that.
Old 29-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Seeker
That's really valid point, linen53. I actually became very sick 2 years ago and it was found that I have hashimotos disease. I am positive that all the stress and worry actually ran down my body's immune system and resources. I have been in the process of treating that naturally with a functional medicine practitioner. Now, what I have to get a hold on is my anxious thoughts! ;) Thank you for your encouragement. I think joining this forum was definitely a step in the right direction!
Old 30-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Master

Good for you! One day at a time.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey1014
I have been dealing with PTSD/Anxiety related to the death of my brother. He passed away unexpectedly 4 1/2 years ago. In the past two years it has gotten to the point to where I cannot drive by myself because of panic attacks. Any advice on how to heal from this?

The Secret Of Letting Go by Guy Finley
SuperMind by Vernon Howard

You first have to understand the workings of mind/ panic and then PRACTICE DAILY what those those two authors can teach you. No easy way around .... no way around at all actually ..... ONLY THROUGH~~! i had panic attacks for 20 years after my now ex wife .... held a Butcher Knife to our 2 year old sons throat and threatened to kill him. No longer does Panic have any space in my Consciousness ~
Old 10-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Experiencer
Yes, i can feel stress. I see some environmental inbalances, like room or something.

With your allowance i can change it, so environment you are in is supportive.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Experiencer
practicing mindfulness helps ptsd and anxiety