Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 29-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Forgetting where I was

Hi,

Has anyone experienced meditation to the point where they forget where they physically are? If so, do you know of any techniques to possibly reach that point once again?

Thank you!
Old 30-06-2018, 05:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenieInABottle
Has anyone experienced meditation to the point where they forget where they physically are? If so, do you know of any techniques to possibly reach that point once again?
Pretty much it comes down to more meditation sessions (practice). Longer sessions (>30 mins) without interruptions. Also getting physically comfortable helps.
Old 30-06-2018, 06:58 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you!

Yes I had that happen. I have also forgotten who I am. I don't know any particular technique for it, you just have to relax and go deep.
Old 30-06-2018, 07:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Pretty much it comes down to more meditation sessions (practice). Longer sessions (>30 mins) without interruptions. Also getting physically comfortable helps.

Thank you! Would you recommend that I simply concentrate on my breath for a long duration or should I try and let go of everything?
Old 30-06-2018, 07:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Yes I had that happen. I have also forgotten who I am. I don't know any particular technique for it, you just have to relax and go deep.

I understand, thank you!
Old 30-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Master
I would just keep on doing meditation the way that you have been doing it, only for longer durations as have already been suggested. Continually quieting our mind will bring on the effect you have described. The human mind is mostly about memories and desires bought forth by compare and contrast dynamics. When the silence within us grows, and our thoughts diminish, it can interrupt that process. That silence within us can grow to be so thick that it takes over our lives and guides us intuitively in our daily affairs. The silence is what many refer to as "inner peace."
Old 30-06-2018, 03:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I would just keep on doing meditation the way that you have been doing it, only for longer durations as have already been suggested. Continually quieting our mind will bring on the effect you have described. The human mind is mostly about memories and desires bought forth by compare and contrast dynamics. When the silence within us grows, and our thoughts diminish, it can interrupt that process. That silence within us can grow to be so thick that it takes over our lives and guides us intuitively in our daily affairs. The silence is what many refer to as "inner peace."

I appreciate the advice, thank you. Is the silence within us you're referring to similar to the gap between thoughts? I've asked about this before, and someone suggested that I'd delved into the gap between thoughts.
Old 30-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Master
Quote:
I appreciate the advice, thank you. Is the silence within us you're referring to similar to the gap between thoughts? I've asked about this before, and someone suggested that I'd delved into the gap between thoughts.
Yes, they are the same. Silence is omnipresent; it is the backdrop to noise. To have silence all you have to do is remove noise, you do not add silence, it is always there, and when you go into it, you find it has a very rich and thick presence. Some might even say a deafening presence more ominous than noise.

Many people find it difficult to just be quiet, especially quiet inside. They find silence ire. To sit with another person in silence can be a wonderful experience. However, the human mind often rebels against silence. Inner silence offers a very humble, and simple, experience; another word for silence is “peace.” It is about much more than just not talking or being in a place outside where it is quiet.

We should be able to experience inner silence, inner peace, even when there is a lot of noise going on outside around us. This is some of what a yoga practice of inner silence teaches. Silence will quiet your mind. In silence, things dissolve as all things are born out of sound. According to metaphysics, sound is the first material thing to manifest. As the Bible says, “In the beginning was the word,” and that word bought forth sound, a sound that some call “the big bang.”

If you embrace it and learn how to be with it, silence is very powerful. Everything comes out of silence. Silence contains all things; it is all around us and permeates us. From the rich thick presence of silence comes peace, and from peace comes love, an intoxicating love, and from love comes brilliant light, a light that brings an incredible awareness, an expansion in consciousness. But please do not expect any of these things because it comes when we let go and surrender all of our expectations, humbly making ourselves available to a greater reality in silence.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Administrator
If you are starting out to Meditation take it one step at a time don't try to rush it. the easiest one to follow to begin with is the third eye meditation.
sit quietly close your eyes.etc if you loose focus bring your attention back to your third eye.focus on that.as you get more accustomed to doing it, you will find you don't need to bring your focus back to the third eye.

Namaste
Old 02-07-2018, 02:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Yes, they are the same. Silence is omnipresent; it is the backdrop to noise. To have silence all you have to do is remove noise, you do not add silence, it is always there, and when you go into it, you find it has a very rich and thick presence. Some might even say a deafening presence more ominous than noise.

Many people find it difficult to just be quiet, especially quiet inside. They find silence ire. To sit with another person in silence can be a wonderful experience. However, the human mind often rebels against silence. Inner silence offers a very humble, and simple, experience; another word for silence is “peace.” It is about much more than just not talking or being in a place outside where it is quiet.

We should be able to experience inner silence, inner peace, even when there is a lot of noise going on outside around us. This is some of what a yoga practice of inner silence teaches. Silence will quiet your mind. In silence, things dissolve as all things are born out of sound. According to metaphysics, sound is the first material thing to manifest. As the Bible says, “In the beginning was the word,” and that word bought forth sound, a sound that some call “the big bang.”

If you embrace it and learn how to be with it, silence is very powerful. Everything comes out of silence. Silence contains all things; it is all around us and permeates us. From the rich thick presence of silence comes peace, and from peace comes love, an intoxicating love, and from love comes brilliant light, a light that brings an incredible awareness, an expansion in consciousness. But please do not expect any of these things because it comes when we let go and surrender all of our expectations, humbly making ourselves available to a greater reality in silence.

That sounds wonderful! I think I did slip into the state we're speaking of the last time I meditated (several hours ago). Although I could no longer hear the sounds I heard before slipping into the state (like the air conditioner), I could still 'hear' my mind -- or I was still witnessing thoughts, even though I was supposedly in the gap. They seemed different somehow, I don't know -- like more effortless. Similarly to what you're saying now, expectation overcame me once I realized what happened and I was unable to let go of the expectation of reaching the state once again.