Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 AM
IntenseRecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Love, but really heart-felt and it rises your frequency up. Have you ever felt it? It's unmistakable if you have. Something that just loves you, it brings tears to your eyes almost and makes you laugh with joy.
This can't be faked by the way. Beings who are not "of the Light" cannot access this particular frequency.

Yes, once. It lasted for about half an hour. It was overwhelming and I cried pretty hard to the point it was hard to speak. I figured it was a once in a lifetime gift and couldn't possibly imagine experiencing it multiple times in my life. It was exhausting the first time and couldn't imagine feeling it every time I thought I was in the presence of my "guide". Maybe we're talking about two different things. I didn't attribute it to a person but more God/Source. Or maybe invisible people love you more. Who knows.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 AM
xaipete11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseRecall
Oh no, don't let my response put you off... this certainly is the correct section for your question. And you're probably going to be getting other responses that differ from my mine.

But you also have to consider, that even if someone tells you what they think is correct, it may not be true. Even if they think they indeed did get communication from something beyond themselves, they might not really have.

As far as something else... if your guides cannot reach you so openly, why would something else be able to? I would think that God/Source/Universe/whatever would be more willing to let a benevolent being through than something that's just "hanging around."

I am very aware this is a spiritualforum. That is exactly why I am here. There are so many people hoping they are getting something supernatural, that so many people are blinding themselves to reality. And so many people are getting hurt.

So many people assume they feel things or sense things, some of them forget they have a very vivid imagination and underestimate the power of their own mind.

You must be careful when searching for things that "aren't so obvious" because it's very easy to fall into the synchronicity trap. If you are meant to be aware of something, it will be obvious. If you want to nitpick things and try and determine if there's something hidden that you're missing, you might find yourself in the realm of apophenia.

I'm not entirely denying the existence of magical things because I have seen and witnessed things with my own eyes/ears/body. Whether they were merely sober hallucinations or actual "spirit stuffs", I will never know until after I die. Although, most of me believes it was self-inflicted... but trying to figure out the root of it all nearly ripped my mind apart and trust me, that is not something you want to do to yourself.

If you consider that listening to your body signs are helpful... then consider that when your heartrate goes up, it's not necessarily a good thing unless you're doing something that warrants it, like running and such. If your heartrate goes up on it's own out of nowhere, that's either your body telling you something is wrong... or your intuition telling you something is wrong. So if your thought about "a presence" and your heartrate spiking went together, it's possible your body was saying, "No, don't do that to yourself" or something of that nature. Or your own excited nerves just came into play, because face it.. at first it may be exciting to think that what you're experiencing is something so different than normal reality.

There are a number of things that people on the internet will say is the cause of your throat closing up in regards to things of this nature and none of them are good. Does that mean they are right or know what they are talking about? No. Does that mean people may come up with things to cater to people's beliefs to try and help them (or their own pockets) out of an illusion? Sure.

If you consider Long Island Medium (assuming she's not full of it, don't discount that possibility) she seemingly gets information telepathically. But before she started, she said she suffered from anxiety attacks because of it, so she thinks. If you consider Sylvia Browne (again, assuming she's not full of it, don't discount that possibility), she's never stated feelings just that she hears a chirpy chipmunk voice.

If you consider my experiences, I felt happy, thrilled, excited, blessed, overwhelmed with joy when I thought I was getting guide communication. And I felt nervous and panicky (spiked heartrate) when I thought I was getting communication that presented itself in a controlling and mean manner with not so pleasant messages.

I know regardless of what I say, you're going to pursue your curiosity if that's really what you want to do. Just consider that it's not necessary to change the God-given way you already communicate with your guides if they truly exist. And if they truly exist, they're supposed to be nothing but good things. But people argue that if you hear things that only feed your ego, and build you up... that isn't your guides. If you hear things that are demeaning and rude, that isn't your guides. So if a guide can't be nice, and can't be mean... what does that leave them? Emotionless? If guides are people just like you and I, surely emotionless wouldn't be an easy thing to express when trying to speak to you. And even so, who says they have anything worth saying? I would think guides wouldn't make you feel bad, but nor would they sugar coat. But when you consider our own personality and the way we respond to things, even something that would seem "matter-o-fact" might hurt our feelings. If a guide is truly a guide, they really wouldn't have anything to say to you but let you figure things out for yourself. And if that's the case, what's the point of a guide anyways?

Actually, I don't hear anything either good or bad and have never had a frightening experience which is why I asked the original question because so many people claim to know their spirit guides. I myself cannot claim that. With that said, I can't discount those makes those claims simply because I've never experienced it.
Old 17-02-2013, 04:37 AM
Firefly Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
I only feel a sense of presence when I'm in contact with my guides. It feels like there's someone standing behind me, looking over my shoulder (usually the right), and it's very calm and reassuring. I've never experienced physical discomfort.

When I've called on more advanced entities--saints, bodhisattvas, archangels, gods--I've felt a tremendous surge of energy in my crown chakra, but it's a really beautiful sensation, and never feels bad.

I've known people who tried channeling higher entities who experienced symptoms such as you've described, but while I do receive guidance, I don't channel. My guides speak to me, but not through me, and they don't merge with my energy field. So maybe that's an issue?

I am exactly in the same case as Wandering Star. I feel a presence when they are there. A very loving one. And yes, my guides speak to me, not through me as well, so I guess that in my case it is not channeling per se, it is hearing them what they tell me.

And yes when I call Archangels I do feel quite a lot of energy. I have also felt healing energy and so much love from my main guide, but the Archangels it is a blast of energy that can even make you a bit dizzy