Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-10-2011, 02:22 PM
ShadowRx

infinity and eternity

infinity is a long time. like, really REALLY long. think abotu that. to have ALWAYS existed. always. never have *not* existed. to have ALWAYS been. ALWAYS. forever. ALWAYS friggen been. aaaaaalways. i mean, it's completely beyond comprehension. 100,000,000,000,000 years back into the past and you haven't even made any ground, you still have infinitely far back to travel. it NEVER ends. and it never began. there is no starting point. no place where infinity began or was born into existence. it simply IS. and always has been IS. and the IS never begins, never ends. it is endlessly a series of IS, IS, IS, IS. everything that could ever occur, on any level, already has, an INFINITE number of times, and continues to play itself out an INFINITE number of times. because there is nothing preventing its occurring. it has been occurring for EVER, and ever, and ever, it never did not occur, and if it didn't ever not occur, it has not been occurring itself infinitely.

we toss around the word eternity and infinity but never profoundly look at them. it seems no one does. but i do. it boggles me to no end. to sit, and profoundly consider it, the implications, the truth and reality of such a thing, leaves you speechless. it is completely incomprehensible, your mind will *click* shut off, when you grab a hold of it and lay down with it. it cannot understand or capture it, cannot own it, possess it, put it in a box. to have always existed, ALWAYS have been, is staggering
Old 31-10-2011, 02:31 PM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRx

we toss around the word eternity and infinity but never profoundly look at them. it seems no one does. but i do. it boggles me to no end. to sit, and profoundly consider it, the implications, the truth and reality of such a thing, leaves you speechless. it is completely incomprehensible, your mind will *click* shut off, when you grab a hold of it and lay down with it. it cannot understand or capture it, cannot own it, possess it, put it in a box. to have always existed, ALWAYS have been, is staggering
Whoa, Hoss.. be gentle with your generalizations, and less inclined to assume your advanced powers of pondering.. there are many on this forum that ponder just as you do..

Be well..
Old 31-10-2011, 02:35 PM
ShadowRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Whoa, Hoss.. be gentle with your generalizations,

No. And my name isn't Hoss.

Quote:
and less inclined to assume your advanced powers of pondering..

You missed the point of my post.

Quote:
there are many on this forum that ponder just as you do..

Who?
Old 31-10-2011, 02:39 PM
moke64916

Yes, it is awesome and beyond the minds comprehension. We always live and never die. It's beautiful.
Old 31-10-2011, 02:42 PM
ShadowRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Yes, it is awesome and beyond the minds comprehension. We always live and never die. It's beautiful.

You obviously have never pondered it seriously.
Old 31-10-2011, 02:44 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
No. And my name isn't Hoss.
It's an old movie phrase, "Whoa, Hoss".. aside from that, why wouldn't you "be gentle with your generalizations"?

Quote:
You missed the point of my post.

No, i haven't.. i'm just reminding of your place in eternity/infinity.. right here with the rest of us..

Quote:
Who?
Look around, we're everywhere.. seriously, pay attention to these good folks, there more here than your 'generalizations' suggest..

Be well..
Old 31-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Jules

Why not? you can't go making accusations like that without being in someone's mind. Just an observation
Old 31-10-2011, 02:47 PM
ShadowRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

It's an old movie phrase, "Whoa, Hoss".. aside from that, why wouldn't you "be gentle with your generalizations"?

Why do you want to know?

Quote:
No, i haven't.. i'm just reminding of your place in eternity/infinity.. right here with the rest of us..

You did miss the point of my post. Disagree all you wish, you're wrong. It's my post and I know for certain you missed its point.

Quote:
Look around, we're everywhere.. seriously, pay attention to these good folks, there more here than your 'generalizations' suggest..

No thanks.
Old 31-10-2011, 02:48 PM
ShadowRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Why not? you can't go making accusations like that without being in someone's mind.

Sure I can. I just did.
Old 31-10-2011, 02:57 PM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Why do you want to know?

You did miss the point of my post. Disagree all you wish, you're wrong. It's my post and I know for certain you missed its point.

No thanks.
Cool, guess where you're going..

Be well..