Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Maiya

Learn to trust your own instincts and intuition and you won’t get sucked in so easily.

At this present time it feels to me like you are in the process of learning a valuable lesson about who to trust and who not to trust.

I say simply go with it but avoid letting money become involved.
Old 21-10-2011, 03:04 PM
ManyToOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
To be honest, it didn't take me long to become fed up with "fishing" for something "real" and say "each to his/her own" and go my own way. I was always impatient like that....

I like that you mentioned impatience. It hits home.

Quote:
I don't follow any specific spiritual "path," religion or practices save my own and it's worked out quite well for me. Personal experience is law for me, anything else is just whatever.

I too don't follow any specific path because none of them so far agree with me 100%. I will say that in all my tip-toe studies, face first plunges, or experiences so far, the most lasting and impressionable have been personal ones. And I agree, as you stated, those are defining as law. Though I have never put it in that context.

Quote:
Maybe your heading that way too..?

It would seem so now more than ever. Though "all roads I have traveled" lead me back to a God-centered view point. And I mean god in an all encompassing sense, not a specific religions view. And that is a lot to hope to comprehend in our short life span - if it is possible at all.

Quote:
Are you planning on doing anything about any of this? Or just happy to accept and put up with it all and see what others think?

Indeed I am. Also, I am not happy to accept and put up with. I do find that mentors as well the views of others be it through books or conversation often offer viewpoints I can't see for myself. They also offer "gutchecks" for me to reflect on.

But at the same time, perhaps, I have not truly defined what it is I believe. Maybe my "religion" or "spirituality" is a pile of disorganized notes on a desktop. Huh?!

Thanks Sangress!

Edit - I don't mean for my last comment above to be taken as pessimistic. But as something to ponder.
Old 21-10-2011, 03:24 PM
ManyToOne

Thanks to everyone for their kind and thoughtful replies.
Old 21-10-2011, 06:59 PM
MMM

and i apologize to admin and all that my lexicon wasn't wide enough to substitute 'poo' for the word i typed in

to the original poster, concentrate on your life , not he potholes or poo
it's easier to find fault in others than fix your own
Old 21-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
...it's easier to find fault in others than fix your own

It sure can seem that way!
Old 21-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Neville

labels and liars, sauce for the goose. because it helps you distinguish what you see as true(for you) from what you see as false(for you).

To confuse matters further, Manure remains one of the greatest fertilisers, all you need add is your own discernment and something strong and beutiful is likely to grow.

I would not even know what is , without at first gaining some understanding of what is not.

It's all good , if it helps you along, even if some of it , you dismiss.
Old 21-10-2011, 07:42 PM
arive nan

One thing to watch out for is that people have a tendency to label something they disagree with as a "lie" and something they agree with or feel the same way about as "honest truth" when in fact the statements are matters of opinion and belief or faith. People can honestly state what they genuinely believe or feel as a belief or feeling, and yet be labeled as a "liar" by someone who happens to disagree or feel differently or believe differently.

A practice that the participants perform with sincerity because they genuinely believe in it and truly find benefit in it can be labeled as "garbage" by someone just because it doesn't happen to be a practice that fits them as an individual. That doesn't mean the practice is actually "garbage" in any objective sense. It just isn't useful for that particular person who labeled it that way, because no practice is going to be right or useful for everyone. If it happens to not be right for some people, that doesn't mean that those who do find benefit in practicing it are insincere.
Old 21-10-2011, 08:57 PM
ManyToOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
to the original poster, concentrate on your life , not he potholes or poo it's easier to find fault in others than fix your own

Absolutely, and please don't confuse my skepticism with fault finding. I'll be the first one to tell you I have plenty of house-cleaning to do in my own life. Also I don't seek to immediately dismiss someone because I don't agree. I try to ask questions - if that is an option.

So in "poo terms," when I think I see and smell poo, I'll poke it with stick and see if it is. And sometimes I'll try to separate it out to see if there is a "pearl" inside. Doesn't prevent me from stepping in it unknowingly from time to time though. And sometimes the things I think are pearls are cleverly disguised stones and end up with stinky hands. >.<

That I can deal with. But when the road is covered in poo it is a distraction. Thus why I asked folks for their input on how to better find the pearls. I think everyone in has done that

And I am appreciative.
Old 21-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally posted by ManyToOne
So in "poo terms," when I think I see and smell poo, I'll poke it with stick and see if it is. And sometimes I'll try to separate it out to see if there is a "pearl" inside. Doesn't prevent me from stepping in it unknowingly from time to time though. And sometimes the things I think are pearls are cleverly disguised stones and end up with stinky hands. >.<
Thank you MTO I really needed a good laugh...sfunny how this thread can change from lies and deception into poking turds
I laught till I
Spiritmessenger
Old 21-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Enya

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it probably *is* a duck...