Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
I would like to know more about the career change, because I have been questioning myself about my relationship with my job for at least two years. I have no more inner strength to do this anymore, but I kind of push myself, one day at a time, to continue this "game" thinking that perhaps I am just stressed or unhappy with work, and that it will pass, but it doesn't, and I am not sure if I am just trying to escape reality or what.

I don't like or hate my job. Just neutral.

I have asked myself, if I quit, then what do I want to do? My answer has always been "nothing."

Maybe this is the problem. You don't have any alternatives lined up. So what do you really want to do in life, assuming that you need to somehow support yourself?

When I lived in the UK I worked for 15 years in IT for various banks. I was good at my work, but eventually it all became repetitive. So 18 years ago I left and moved to rural New Zealand where many people live alternative lifestyles. There was a process of adjusting, particularly financially because I no longer had a large income, but my quality of life improved enormously.

So maybe you need to really decide what you would rather be doing. Until then, if you need the regular income and you don't hate your job, just keep doing it with detachment - perhaps you still have things to learn where you are.

Peace.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi wanchain,

The problems of old souls are distinctly more subtle than those of young souls.

That means ‘surviving’ and ‘thriving’ take on new meaning and significance given that renewed context.

Accordingly, frustration comes from the constant interface with one's own and others' ignorance or the stasis and complacency (a self-imposed stasis), which for aspirants often means continuing to utilize obsolete (therefore regressive) vs. progressive means. But it gets better with alignment to Spirit/the spiritual.

In this era, the chief issue or problem for old souls (who by nature are consciously aspiring spiritually) do not involve the means and methods of escape from an ignorant, divisive, and desire-filled world with its consequent suffering; nor a post-mortem ‘reward’ - but rather, its transformation here and now in the physical into increasing divinisation.

This means old souls are engaged in the relatively new task of transformation of ignorance within self - and significantly by extension - for the direct purpose of positively altering the nascent and growing human institutions that are the collective representations of individual selves which are creatively emerging in our globalizing world. And that includes business, etc..

In that sense, ‘thriving’ is about the joy of enthusiastic self-discovery - as mutually inspiring example - as a means for world transformation - in unity.
And a steadfast dedication to genuinely spiritual purpose in whatever context.
Note: Often it is the young souls who easily get discouraged if they don’t constantly get the bright lights, excitement, and ‘special messages’ grossly symptomatic of awakening. They get cynical, discouraged and dismissive about ‘spirituality’ - throwing cold water on, or condescendingly dismissing those who have sincere concern for these matters...seeing it as a fantasy, or mental fog of incessant ambiguity and confusion, mainly from self-doubt, because they aren‘t yet sufficiently grounded in the necessary faith, devotion, and dedication (without the constant ‘candy’ of reward and superficial self-gratification) and become cynically complacent, falsely confident, and critical, posing as wise old curmudgeons, dispensing drops of subtly disguised discouragement as ‘folksy wisdom’. Converesly, their own guides might even indicate to them, “don’t worry, this is your last incarnation” - like the family going to visit Grandma 500 kilometers away, telling the whining (“how much longer?”) child after 10km: “We’re almost there!!”
Consecrate your life to some dedicated spiritual practice that works for you and stick with it.
Any discouragement is inherently false.
It is the grounding in the spiritual that has an effect on the worldly in and through one's own life - not the other way around.

~J

Hi Jyotir,

Thanks for your definition of young and old souls, and the different meanings of thriving. It is interesting to note how people respond to the same question by defining the question itself. In an attempt to find answers, in other situations, I also find myself defining and scrutinizing my questions.

I appreciate your clarity. One thing that resonates with me is transformation. I have been on a journey of self-awareness, self-discovery, self-empowerment, and this has evolved to be a life transformation because I see myself heading toward self-actualization (not what I started out with).

Wanchain
Old 06-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Maybe this is the problem. You don't have any alternatives lined up. So what do you really want to do in life, assuming that you need to somehow support yourself?

When I lived in the UK I worked for 15 years in IT for various banks. I was good at my work, but eventually it all became repetitive. So 18 years ago I left and moved to rural New Zealand where many people live alternative lifestyles. There was a process of adjusting, particularly financially because I no longer had a large income, but my quality of life improved enormously.

So maybe you need to really decide what you would rather be doing. Until then, if you need the regular income and you don't hate your job, just keep doing it with detachment - perhaps you still have things to learn where you are.

Peace.

Oh, I have asked myself that question for many years. Same answer: Nothing.

I am not sure if this is a temporary break that I need, or whether it is a permanent departure from the corporate world. I think the ego rational mind would say, better to keep my options open.

I am most curious about your improved quality of life, especially after a reduction in income. I know that money and quality of life do not have a strong correlation, but am still curious as to where you find the sense of fulfillment and bliss.

You are right about me having things to learn from my job. In a way, I do appreciate having it, because I would prefer to be around people (with a bit of distance in between) than to be a caveman. And I appreciate that the dynamic of the corporate world lets me so much of myself in such a short span of time; it's like standing in front of 100 different mirrors at the same time, so in that sense, it helps me to see more nuanced and subtle aspects of myself and therefore help me with my personal growth.

If there is no pushing and shoving in the corporate world, I don't mind it. It is when the torsion field charge is too strong, and I am in it, then I begin to question, how to survive?
Old 06-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Suspended
What do you guys even mean when you say soul? I'v asked someone before who was saying they are a soul, i was like oh yea what exactly is that? an they were like well... its, its a soul! i was like oh alright then.. the way i have seen/been shown the "soul" its kinda more multi dimensional, it's like one big ball of light and can send parts of itself out through out the universe, many times an places at once.. iv heard other people say the soul is located in your head, others have said it's next to your heart, i think theres more to it then that, what about you guys?
Old 06-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
I am most curious about your improved quality of life, especially after a reduction in income. I know that money and quality of life do not have a strong correlation, but am still curious as to where you find the sense of fulfillment and bliss.

The fulfilment and bliss come from having the time to do the things I want to do rather than spending eight hours each day in the office and commuting for an hour each way. It helps to be in beautiful surroundings ten minutes from the beach. And although the population is small (about 5,000) there are so many people pursuing their spiritual interests and alternative living. In short, I feel that I am where I am meant to be.

As you say, money does not automatically correlate to quality of life, but money does provide a level of freedom to choose, and at first it was difficult to adjust to no longer having that freedom to make choices. It was a good lesson in letting go of my need for financial security and trusting that the universe would provide for me. And sure enough, money always came in, sometimes from unexpected sources, and everything has since worked out well.

But all this came about originally from a strong sense of needing to move, and meeting the right people at the right time who pointed me at this part of the world. So I always felt the the universe was guiding me. Perhaps you too could invoke the universe for some concrete guidance.

Peace.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Master

I'm incredulous that in the bigger scheme of things souls incarnate to improve in any way life of humanity. That is an Earth centric view, like "Sun revolves around Earth".
Old 06-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
What do you guys even mean when you say soul? I'v asked someone before who was saying they are a soul, i was like oh yea what exactly is that? an they were like well... its, its a soul! i was like oh alright then.. the way i have seen/been shown the "soul" its kinda more multi dimensional, it's like one big ball of light and can send parts of itself out through out the universe, many times an places at once.. iv heard other people say the soul is located in your head, others have said it's next to your heart, i think theres more to it then that, what about you guys?

A simple definition of Soul is Consciousness.

Esotericism teaches a triplicity of Spirit, Consciousness and Matter, or Being, Soul and personality.

Personality is the extension of Consciousness into form (mentally, emotionally and physically). Personality changes and eventually dies. Consciousness is the witness behind personality, and Being simply is. Consciousness can choose whether to go outwards into the movement of form or inwards to the stillness of Being.

Yoga teaches that the Soul connects to the physical body by the sutratma. The sutratma has a consciousness thread connecting to the brain and a life thread connecting to the heart. The consciousness thread withdraws from the brain every night while we sleep - hence the loss of consciousness. The life thread remains connected to the heart for the entire incarnation, but it finally withdraws when the physical body dies.

Peace.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Seeker

I can humbly say I don't know really.

From my earliest memories I've been indoctrinated to believe many dogmas, and the more I learn, the less I know.

Everyone wants to be correct and right.

Our human condition is we are so afraid we don't exist we need constant acknowledgement, of ourselves, and our beliefs.

We it all comes down to really knowing we can't convey properly, because we truly don't know what's going on in this matrix. Our 5 senses are absolutely deceivable, and our intuition is only good to a certain extent.

If I could wish a superpower on everyone, it would be total awareness. Peace
Old 06-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Master

I would guess some of them are old and grumpy because they feel like they have been through the game, and have not gotten what they deserve Others might be wise and kind like children...
Old 06-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows

I have to say that there is something deeply humorous about your question. Most here have their own concept of soul, and they will answer my question from their perspective, or maybe re-shape my question by clarifying the definition of soul age. I find it helpful to define or re-define the question because oftentimes I find that the answer is in the question. So it is nice to have different perspectives about soul age. But I think you have brought the discussion to a whole new level by introducing the question of soul, and I find that quite funny. Thank you for asking.

I do have my own understanding of soul, and at one point I did get confused about it and search for definitions. But now I am okay with my understanding. I am also okay if we have slightly different understandings. ^_^