Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownparadox
God is at best indifferent to the suffering of people and creatures on this planet, and at worst revels in it.
Strive to be different not indifferent.

God is light and energy, IMO. We all have a choice how we use it. We have free will and choices. You are the God of your reality.
Old 14-06-2018, 12:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
You are the God of your reality.
While that is a nice thought. The facts simply do not fit that. While true we all have our own separate reality. We do not create it. We have the reality we are given. First you have the circumstances you are born into. For most people that is generally not a good place to start. Then you have a infinite number possibilities beyond your control. Such as, accidents, natural disasters, illness and so on.

I can no more create a reality where I'm a superhero no more than you can. I can't create one where I live pain free or forever, no more than you can. At best you might be able to have a minor effect on your reality. But since you nor I can see what might have been. There is no way to say that much is plausible.

Babies aren't born into this world screaming and crying for nothing.
Old 14-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Master

Quote:
God is at best indifferent to the suffering of people and creatures on this planet, and at worst revels in it.

A very odd statement. This is simply Unknownparadox's personal belief, not a statement of fact. When Unknownparadox sees the bigger picture then it will all start to make sense.

Peace.
Old 14-06-2018, 10:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
A very odd statement. This is simply Unknownparadox's personal belief, not a statement of fact. When Unknownparadox sees the bigger picture then it will all start to make sense.
I don't see any thing odd about my statement. I come to that conclusion based on my observations of this world for the last 40 plus years, and history its self. I don't like that conclusion, but the facts speak for their self. If you have facts to the contrary, I'll be happy to hear them. As I do try to keep a open mind. But currently I would argue, you're not seeing the bigger picture.
Old 15-06-2018, 04:21 AM
Master

So what makes you believe that God revels in the suffering on this planet?
Old 15-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
So what makes you believe that God revels in the suffering on this planet?
I can only draw a conclusion based on the information available. All that information says there has been a lot of suffering. Even at present, there is a lot of suffering on this planet. The very human body its self seems to be designed to experience pain, if they are formed correctly at all. Those that aren't generally suffer more, than those that are correctly formed. Even if you are lucky enough to be born healthy. There is a very high probability you will spend at least the last years of your life in a lot of pain. To put it another way.

If you're observing a person, that has their arm smashed in a piece of machinery. And you choose to observe it, instead of helping directly or indirectly. Then it is a pretty safe bet, you are either indifferent to their pain and suffering, or you enjoy it.
Old 15-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Deactivated Account
If you really believe all of that was because of some magic spell then you have yet to sober up quite a bit more, I think.
Old 15-06-2018, 09:37 PM
Pathfinder

Aww, believe in magick.

I receive omens warning me against bad behavior when I act out of line.

Giving to a beggar increases luck.

Magick's real, yo!
Old 16-06-2018, 10:19 AM
Master

Quote:
I can only draw a conclusion based on the information available. All that information says there has been a lot of suffering. Even at present, there is a lot of suffering on this planet. The very human body its self seems to be designed to experience pain, if they are formed correctly at all. Those that aren't generally suffer more, than those that are correctly formed. Even if you are lucky enough to be born healthy. There is a very high probability you will spend at least the last years of your life in a lot of pain. To put it another way.

If you're observing a person, that has their arm smashed in a piece of machinery. And you choose to observe it, instead of helping directly or indirectly. Then it is a pretty safe bet, you are either indifferent to their pain and suffering, or you enjoy it.

Hmmm. Not a convincing argument. You are taking very human attributes and projecting them onto your idea of what God is. You seem to believe that God should directly intervene on Earth to end all suffering. This seems somewhat idealistic and fanciful.

And after God has intervened and there is no more suffering, what then? Do human beings suddenly become all-wise and all-loving, without having been through all the learning process that brings us to wisdom and compassion? Perhaps all the suffering on this planet serves a very deep purpose, and the eventual result will be worth all the pain.

If your philosophy does not allow for both a loving God and a world of suffering, then instead of blaming God perhaps you need a deeper philosophy.

Peace.
Old 20-06-2018, 03:25 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

Nothing can be proved of course, but what if humans are evolving over multiple lifetimes with the goal of all-awareness. This evolution began at the birth of self which immediately followed a lifetime of animal awareness. Selfishness at that point was the goal and predominated for thousands of lifetimes. Along with the rule of reincarnation, however, there is the rule of karma. All of the selfish activity must result in punishment or suffering. After hundreds of thousands of lifetimes, the self-aware, self-centered being comes to the realization that the suffering can only be avoided by self-less behavior. The inertia of so much selfishness is hard to offset, but with the aid of spiritual messengers and a loving heart progress is made. The animal consciousness eventually evolves into Christlike consciousness. In this model, we all suffer for transgressions which we intended to do. God sees the balance and the harmony of His system and knows that His children need to forge their own way through the maze of life. If you are a parent, you know that sometimes your children need to suffer in order to mature and to become better members of the family, the community and the world.