Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Your logic is a little faulty :)

Can you support this with a logical argument or are you just being arbitrary?
Old 09-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!

sure there is an 'absolute' truth that cannot be voided. But if we talk about it the argument relies on the acceptance of 'facts' people have a vested interest in denying. I no longer make such arguments because I don't like being in a position of trying to overcome other people's desire to get what they can for themselves at my expense.

That is the way I see it.

Sorry.

If you want to share the way you see it, be my guest.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Pathfinder

I think absolute truth exists in nature, excluding humanity. A human is required for absolute truth to go away, because error can only occur when there is a mind. Humans have the potential to understand truth, whereas the animal kingdom lacks that potential having only instinct. Perhaps the reason for the existence of the universe is the evolution of forms which are more and more capable of attaining first the potential for understanding and ultimately the achievement of absolute understanding.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Can you support this with a logical argument or are you just being arbitrary?

I feel it's better if I say goodbye to you, and move my focus elsewhere. You know, everyone creates their own reality.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Is this absolutely true?

Checkmate.

To me it is true at this point in time
Old 10-02-2018, 04:21 AM
Pathfinder

I used to be a staunch subjectivist until someone pointed out to me that there are no square circles, and no circular squares. absolutely.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydullard
I used to be a staunch subjectivist until someone pointed out to me that there are no square circles, and no circular squares. absolutely.
Quantum theory states that there is no form until you look at it or measure it, as the famous double-slit experiment shows. The reality is that it doesn't exist in any particular state until we perceive them as circles or squares. Anyway, there are no circles or squares because it's all an illusion.

"Life, indeed, is like a heat haze,
Things have no form in themselves."
Lao Tzu, The Tao Te Ching.

Back to subjective?
Old 10-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Quantum theory states that there is no form until you look at it or measure it, as the famous double-slit experiment shows. The reality is that it doesn't exist in any particular state until we perceive them as circles or squares. Anyway, there are no circles or squares because it's all an illusion.

Back to subjective?

Surely that is just man injecting himself into the way of the universe?

If there were no humans, there would still be round rocks. The term round would never be noted or realised but it is still there.

It is an obstacle to the running water or a possible tool for apes or squirrels.

Often humans ponder & reflect themselves into corners. This type of concept is the same as a riddle.

The riddle specifically guides those who hear it via a language maze - when the "answer" is revealed amongst the fancy often out of place wording it is usually surprisingly simple.

A rose by any other name etc etc - a circle without name still has physical form within its environment.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 10-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Surely that is just man injecting himself into the way of the universe?

If there were no humans, there would still be round rocks. The term round would never be noted or realised but it is still there.

This is what I have said also we are not the center of anything, but concede the idea previously made of no lasting circles or squares here. I am talking about permanence which to me is artificial. I have to do that. When talking about observation do we mean the principle and literal physical world or include observing illusion in the spiritual world, even illusion here as well. How far does illusion go? When does it stop? Illusion forever then?

I'm seeing truth in both things said, both are right!
Old 10-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
To me it is true at this point in time

But surely you saw the blatant contradiction in your statement.