Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Master
Another definition for the meanings for this symbol:

The pentagram represents humanity and protection. The five points of the pentagram symbolize the connection of your spirit to the earth, air, fire, and water. These elements contribute to various aspect of your well-being. It signifies protection.
Old 27-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
See if you can make sense of the descriptions and whether they can be applied to what you see. For example, how do you see the pentagram?

In the practice of magic, so I have read, the pentagram is drawn for protection.
When the pentagram is upside down, that is with two points at the top and one at the bottom, it is used in black magic.

The pentacle in Masonry:

Thank you very much for your thoughts... The article on The Pentacle in Masonry, however, is filled with many evangelical Christian ideas that can be disproved with just a little research. Once upon a time I had a head full of such misplaced facts and thought I was educated and well informed. I could launch into a wonderful speech at any given moment to show someone how they were being deceived by the satanic powers that be. But then one day I found a loose thread in the garment of the theology I had been spoon fed for many years. Once I pulled at that thread, the whole garment began to unravel with fact after fact that was not true, historically fudged with or just seasoned up old wives tales. The writer of that article needs to scrape that burned up burger off the grill... but then I suppose there are those who will still come along and feed on it.

Peace
Old 27-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Thank you very much for your thoughts... The article on The Pentacle in Masonry, however, is filled with many evangelical Christian ideas that can be disproved with just a little research. Seems logical. Apparently Freemasonry was founded some time during the 18th century and would have adopted Christian ideas. Once upon a time I had a head full of such misplaced facts and thought I was educated and well informed. I could launch into a wonderful speech at any given moment to show someone how they were being deceived by the satanic powers that be. But then one day I found a loose thread in the garment of the theology I had been spoon fed for many years. Once I pulled at that thread, the whole garment began to unravel with fact after fact that was not true, historically fudged with or just seasoned up old wives tales. The writer of that article needs to scrape that burned up burger off the grill... but then I suppose there are those who will still come along and feed on it.
I have always been grateful that I was not pushed into any belief.
Peace

I just point to different explanations. It does not mean that I hold any of the views.
The first quote was a theosophical viewpoint. The second a Masonic one.

Here is the Rosicrucian one:
http://salemos.tripod.com/index-19.html

Or the Knights Templar: http://www.thornr.demon.co.uk/kchrist/pent.html

The Gnostic:
http://gnosticteachings.org/the-teac...pentagram.html

I am sure Wicca knows the pentagram as does Hinduism, Buddhism to name a few.

Quote:
The pentagram symbolizes Spirit over Matter.