Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-05-2018, 02:13 AM
Ascender
The thing is, our soul probably thinks very differently on the other side than we do here. Our human mind may not want to come back here, but our soul may have very different plans. So, what's the point in worrying about reincarnating here?
Old 05-05-2018, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
And what happen if we open our third eye before dying, would we be able to see the tunnel anyway? Or just watch and contact with beings from the other side?
There are lots of people here on earth who have their third eye, or brow chakra, wide open. There are chakra exercises a person can do to increase the opening of any of their main chakras; these exercises can be found online,
If a person has their third eye wide open, most likely everywhere they look here on earth they will see divine light, in all things and people and surrounding all things and people. In short, in many cases they are consciously flooded with light. It transforms your state of being, but most likely can not be accomplished with an inflated ego.

Quote:
When you say "attachment", you mean some kind of "unfinished business"? Some mission to accomplish or action to do?

Its' always unfinished business. By "attachment" it is meant by those things we have not let go of. Complete spiritual surrender means being free of all attachments, and just about every religion or spiritual practice talks about surrender or letting go. Most of our attachments are ego based; it is what we hold on to, for better or worst, emotionally and mentally.

Quote:
And how can one keep Karma balanced? It is really difficult to do this, in one life one can make any good or evil action, such as simple as killing a bug or giving a coin to a beggar. The only way (and it is very difficult to do this) would be to be absolutely isolated from everything, so with this one would not be exposed for any kind of karma (nor good, nor bad). Is there any way to just say "I believe that I don't have any karma debt pending" or something like this and then being free?
Karma is action. What we think, say, and do creates karma, but just thinking you do not have any karma is a kind of self denial. Everyone has karma and we are continually creating more karma. The only way I know of to minimize karma is keep your thoughts quiet as much as possible, do selfless service to others and offer it to God, or the universe, your higher Self, or whatever you may want to call that indescribable divinity. When you speak, let it be kind and loving. Karma Yoga is basically doing humble selfless service to others, especially strangers who are in need of help. This is a good way to loosen the grip of ego and take the focus off of you and place it on something larger or greater. Surrender includes living in the moment with no expectations.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Master
According to Yogi Philosophy; the five major destructive perversions of the human mind; their Sanskrit name with English explanations, are listed below. They can not take root in you unless invited in; self-indulgence allows all of these to occupy humanity. What I am sharing here comes directly from the Vedas, and ancient text, but I have put my comments in parenthesis along each. The basic premise is that what we give our attention to will grow.

KAM = Passion allowed to run into lust, and abnormal demand. We grow like that which we contemplate. Kam binds us to the animal plane. (Some might ask what is abnormal demand?)

KROFT = Anger and hate. A mental carcinoma. Anger causes confusion to scatter the mind from the center. Slander, fault finding, jealousy, destructive criticism, etc. are the “pups” of anger. Never criticize, find fault, abuse or blame anyone. When you speak ask yourself, is it true, necessary, and kind. (This is easier to do in a monastery than it is living in the general public)

LOFT = Greed. This binds us to the mineral plane, lower than the animal plane, and creates a God of gold and silver for us. While Kam degrades us, Kroft consumes us, and Loft hardens us. (Mmmmm…a cage made of gold is still a cage)

MOFT = Undo attachment to things. This will use up your time on earth and take you away from higher affairs. It makes you a slave to the lower planes. The liberation of the soul is what you are here for, nothing else matters. Moft will keep you from this freedom. (What stands in the way is the way)

AHANKAR = Vanity or egoism. Ahankar grows on the action of the other four perversions. Vanity operates with boasting long after the other four perversions have died. It is the source of error in humanity; it loudly says I am right and all others are wrong. (Self-love is one thing but vanity and narcissism in my opinion are another)

The only thing worth doing in this life, according to yogi philosophy, is to find a compatible spiritual path and walk in it. Taming The Monkey Mind is also the title of a rather insightful book, written by Thubten Chodron, with a Forward by the Dalai Lama. Although using the term “Monkey Mind” to refer to the antics of the human mind does and injustice to monkeys; and yes I am aware of the connotation, because I did find while writing this post that my mind had allot to say about its’ own perversions. Inner silence is truly golden.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:49 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
A few people speak of a tunnel of light from my own Experiences as I have had three NDE. I have never seen a tunnel,
A spirit guide would not deceive you in any way.
I am a Medium I speak to spirit I was born with my gift my guide has been with me since birth and I have got total trust in him.
I am also a spiritualist so I follow my own path .

Namaste

I think we all need to follow our own path. Yet we need to tell our stories to find out what the common threads are. I think those common threads lead to affirmation.

The tunnel/light thing...that seemed to be one of the features of a NDE. When I had mine, I knew it was a NDE, but I was puzzled that I didn't experience the tunnel/light. After doing research, I found not seeing them is common.

Namaste...!
Old 06-05-2018, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
I think we all need to follow our own path. Yet we need to tell our stories to find out what the common threads are. I think those common threads lead to affirmation.

The tunnel/light thing...that seemed to be one of the features of a NDE. When I had mine, I knew it was a NDE, but I was puzzled that I didn't experience the tunnel/light. After doing research, I found not seeing them is common.

Namaste...!

The tunnel is the gate between the earth realm and the astral realm.
Some call the earth realm the lower astral, and what I call the astral the higher astral.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
From the scientific point of view, to which I ascribe, the 'tunnel of light' is nothing more than the birth canal and those who see it at the moment of death are recalling their own birth experience under the influence of an oxygen starved brain.

If you want the 'tunnel of light' debunked, that's the best way to start...And you don't even need to get 'aliens' involved either, because all those creatures with big eyes and heads are only memories of doctors and others when a baby is only a few days old and their eyesight hasn't developed yet to be able to discern facial features.

I'll see you in Moksha.

I have heard about this theory, but I believe that exist things that science cannot explain, and I assume that all these scientific explanations are just hypothesis, some kind of thought trying to explain this phenomena but not so accurate to what it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
I saw no tunnel/light when I had my NDE. I don't remember having a "choice" of where I could or should go. But I've learned, so what? The way I see it, when consciousness is free of the ego, that is when we begin to see "the (true) light". However, consciousness may still "suffers' the impact of the ego for a bit. Consciousness can only go one way when the body (along with it's ego) dies. Who, what, could have so much power it could possibly deceive at that point? What we perceive (tunnels with lights, hell, darkness, etc.) are only effects of what the ego has imprinted on consciousness...until consciousness fully "wakes up". That's my theory.

Interesting. But there exist many NDE which a tunnel of light is involved. Maybe depending on the person can have a different experience. So, what you suggest is that the experiences are due to the ego influence? I didn't know that it could have some effect even after the death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
A few people speak of a tunnel of light from my own Experiences as I have had three NDE. I have never seen a tunnel,
A spirit guide would not deceive you in any way.
I am a Medium I speak to spirit I was born with my gift my guide has been with me since birth and I have got total trust in him.
I am also a spiritualist so I follow my own path .

Namaste

So, you have not seen neither the tunnel of light. Interesting... So, what do you think about the tunnel of light then? I have read that there are some earthbound spirits which don't know that they are dead and we could help them showing them the light where they should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
This seems to become an eye opening day for me ... maybe.

Your explanations are are almost shockingly unexpected, and show how far our imagination can go in support of our beliefs. Who can prove you wrong?

I've just heard on tv another unexpected explanation: John Kennedy was assassinated by a shadow group because he was on the verge of sharing with the Russians that US was in contact with extraterrestrials.

Each one of us creates their own reality from their beliefs. That's why NDE experiences can be so different, because in altered states of consciousness we create our reality too, only instantaneously.

The agnostics are onto something.

Yes, there are many theories. I've decided to expose this one because it caught my attention and I wanted to know what were your thoughts about this theory. But I see that each person has different NDE, so that suggests what you say, that these experiences can be built depending on our beliefs and these can change our reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
The thing is, our soul probably thinks very differently on the other side than we do here. Our human mind may not want to come back here, but our soul may have very different plans. So, what's the point in worrying about reincarnating here?

I thought this as well, that our soul thinks differently with our selves here in this world. But even with this, I think I deserve some kind of explanation about why wanting to come here, in this live, with injustice and not pleasant at all. I don't know if I could ask to my Higher Self about this, if I have the chance to talk with it.

I think that this answer now is enough large. Later I will answer the rest of you and share my thoughts about what you said. Thank you!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Experiencer

Interesting. But there exist many NDE which a tunnel of light is involved. Maybe depending on the person can have a different experience. So, what you suggest is that the experiences are due to the ego influence? I didn't know that it could have some effect even after the death.

Many NDEs involving tunnel/light are reported, many NDEs with no tunnel/light also are reported.

Some speak of a "silver thread" that is the connection of the spirit to the body. When death of the body is final (at the point where it can't be revived), it's only then that silver thread is severed. So, if this silver thread theory is accurate (and I think it is based on what I've contemplated on other NDEs), then the spirit is still connected to the body during the NDE.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Master
I have also heard about the "silver thread" from many I have talkd with who had OBE.
It is my experience that there is no such thing as the other side; it is all happening
right here right now.

The core of our being, soul if you will, already exists in the so-called "afterlife."
It already exists in the spiritual realm. We are already going down that tunnel or
floating somewhere in the "afterlife," which would be evident if not for this mask
we call "physical life."

This entire physical universe, us and the world we live in, is but an image projected
by light; spiritual light. This physical plane of existence is actually a spiritual plane of
a different texture. I think the life path is unique to each individual consciousness,
this includes whether one travels a tunnel or not.

"Of the billions of snowflakes that fall in a storm no two are exactly alike, but every
snowflake is patterned on the six-sided hexagram. Each snowflake is unique yet they
all conform to the same basic shape."