Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 01-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Ascender

Does there have to be any meaning or design to it all??

I think we are all searching but is it fruitless??

What if it all really has just come about by accident/fortune and there is no meaning or reason for it? That we really are just biological robots with this illusion that we are something more. We're here for 60 to 90 years (if we're lucky) and then gone for good? That it is almost a cruel joke that we are here at all in the first place. And of course there are no higher beings, spirit guides etc

I find it hard to believe there is no design (not sure about the designer) and that it's all happened by chance but the likes of Dawkins seem to argue their case persuasively. I haven't read his books, I suspect I would find it too depressing.

My gut feeling is we are all desperately searching for meanings and seeing faces in clouds etc when there is nothing there.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Master
Hi,

I can only speak about my mind set when it come to intelligent design.

The core belief would determine anyone's perception. Those that see every human as a divine piece of God would know that we do everything with an outcome expectation in mind. The pure intellectual would not be able to sense the energies of love. Their perception would not pick up on how everything is about expanding and expressing love.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-07-2015, 01:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

What if it all really has just come about by accident/fortune and there is no meaning or reason for it? That we really are just biological robots with this illusion that we are something more. We're here for 60 to 90 years (if we're lucky) and then gone for good? That it is almost a cruel joke that we are here at all in the first place. And of course there are no higher beings, spirit guides etc

I find it hard to believe there is no design (not sure about the designer) and that it's all happened by chance but the likes of Dawkins seem to argue their case persuasively. I haven't read his books, I suspect I would find it too depressing.

My gut feeling is we are all desperately searching for meanings and seeing faces in clouds etc when there is nothing there.

No, It doesn't matter, and there's no particular meaning, but it matters to parents, sons and daughters; lovers, friends and even pets. Life is just compelled to survive and it does so by relationships, ultimately sexual relationships which are essential to perpetuating species. But the human is like a passing thought that has to arise and change and progress until it's complete and fade into the wider consciousness, as one does in deep sleep, yet returns to continue the dream and then awakens to continue the daily life.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Master
There need not be any meaning nor any design to it all. It merely has to 'be'. It may be as it is just because that is how it happened (more or less arbitrarily).
Old 18-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Experiencer
no, there doesnt have to be meaning to it all
but that doesnt mean its an accident
life was created simply to be enjoyed
we were put here to experience this
people who spend time looking for 'purpose' are looking for validation outside of themselves
but that doesnt mean its a waste of time
its part of their path to realisation
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 18-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Ascender

Im feeling rather purposeless today :-((

Well,apart from posting questions on here!
Old 19-07-2015, 04:33 AM
d(.)g

All one, al/one

Imagine that everything is truly only relative perception that has been agreed upon with your peers as a standard consensus of society. Now imagine taking the entirety of human knowledge as the past, present, and future accumulation as one whole knowledge within an infinite knowledge. The representation of such will always and only be 1/infinity of known knowledge over unknown knowledge.
So what may I ask does anyone really know about the existence of a higher being beside that which is self-evident and relevant when every bit of knowledge we as mankind has will at most be conceived through artificial means?
Whole exists in every conceivable way that we have come up with, in every way that we see in every moment, and what we come up with as the future greets us, yet even if we know or do not know is that relevant to that which we understand?
Now remember I did say that which is self-evident can be knowledge within my first question. I say to you that all life procreates for the ability to encompass that which is greater then self, and the greatest evolution in what is relative to me would be an infinite unity of sentient positive and negative ions or portions of such divide unto relative unity and if that does not describe God or any conceptualization of such a label a higher then self I do not know what would yet I do understand such includes everything except nothingness.

In service
Old 19-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Knower

If the cosmos were not meaningful, why would we seek meaning? We are, after all, part of the cosmos, so our assumption of meaning is the cosmos recognising meaning in itself.
Old 19-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

Nah, you're just being a bit pessimistic,and possibly taking on the negative energies/ideas of others.I can feel you projecting negativity...that might just be depression. It's not a truth.Avoid those manipulative self-entitled intellectuals that use their elaborated, fabricated ideas to instill fear and unhappiness into others.Just like those hailed scientists that use their title to manipulate others by making baseless statements about doomsdays because they know that their credentials will give them automatic credibility in this matrix trapped world full of willing metaphorical sheep.

In fact, it's quite the other way around. In this realm, we are brought up like puppets/robots with no real emotions, that are preprogrammed by mainstream media to believe in the things that we think are "normal" or "just".

an illusion is something that's being looked at in the wrong way,doesn't mean it's not there, just looking at it totally wrong.
Old 19-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Ascender

Yeah, I will admit to being depressed.,. I suffer from it generally and then losing my mother in January just made it all worse. I do see things very negatively and I do have a natural tendency to see the world as a materialist. It doesn't offer much though!