Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 29-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Now you got me on this one. This is a paradox. If you were able to effect what we change (of or) in the past you wouldn't be aware of the decision or even of the change that happened, it would be invisible, yet is this not what we try to achieve, some awareness of it. Theoretically though you're able to make a different choice now but can't. We place ourselves in the past that does not exist.

The thing about the experiment is even though science is guessing I like the direction it takes and it takes many liberties but I see is more about (comic) communication. The pattern of the universe. The difficulty I have with the outcome of the experiment is this, it is what I would expect to happen. I'm not surprised by it and wonder if many others really are and why scientist are. Are many people really surprised by it? I must confess I feel a little naive now because they are telling me I was supposed to be. There are many questions I'd like to ask them but we're not allowed to. But until they put a 3rd, 4th, and 5th splitter along the path I'm going to leave my own guess open. Until we go beyond making a mere 2 observations at one time and open it to say 5 observations in the path and began to see some paradoxes only then may learn how complex past is and if it can be tested as real.

The key here unlike past experiments where we end observation in every respect we continue the observation. In a way you are the splitter and it's a good concept to know.

Seriously...it does seem like a contradiction...but in fact this is exactly what they say happens...they being adepts and timewalkers. Timelines change and only those affecting the change &/or those able to step outside of the timeline remember both "pasts"...the current one that has been changed, and the "old" past that used to exist...but which now only they remember.

And although I love my cat...I still think it's more likely my intent will override hers...though it I believed otherwise, then perhaps it wouldn't
Old 02-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Master

In the end as you think about the idea presented (by the author) don't lose sight this is his speculation. The idea given isn't part of mainstream science yet and it'll be interesting to see if it catches on with his peers. I guess there's a 50/50 chance but keep in mind time travel is something different. The idea of entanglement is both particles (objects) exist (and can be known) at the same time that's the idea behind entanglement. As the title says this is only a suggestion. I guess we have to wait 1,000 years to know... yippie for reincarnation.

Last edited by lemex : 02-12-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Master
Yes..it's the author's speculation. I put a lot more clout in the word of sages & gurus who have actually done this. It's adept level stuff...more for the sight and perception of alternate timelines and probable fallout than for the pure ability to "do it". Way beyond me, LOL...Generally, from what I understand, it's more often used to "nudge" the timeline or mediate the worst fallout...rather than outright change events which after all happened for some reason.

The disturbing part is the notion that there may be higher level external (off world) manipulation of the timeline for purposes that are not to our benefit or are not a natural or intended part of our planetary evolution. That's a big no-no...but apparently it has been ongoing since the 20th century...although the interference was supposed to end, the effects and scope of the interference is still unknown...I don't know enough to say more either way.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Experiencer
I really found this concept quite beautiful as I was reading it. Of course it makes sense for the past to be affected by the future just as the future is affected by the past - why would it work one way and not the other? This kind of experimentation really backs up the "law of attraction" too - I mean, the law of attraction is really just another way of saying "your perception determines your reality".

This seems related to a concept I have been trying to understand from spirit (I tend to ask the spirit world questions which are too big for me, and am given answers, but struggle to understand them!). One concept I have been shown, if I have understood it correctly, is that everyone exists in their own universe. That is, the universe around you is yours alone, created for you and by you for the purpose of allowing you to experience, learn and discover; all that goes on in it is your creation and your responsibility. The universes belonging to other people interact with our own - when we connect with another human being our universes connect and interact with one another then fall away again. But we can "override" what other people are bringing to our universe if we are evolved enough and adept enough at managing our own reality. If this is correct, theoretically we could manifest and experience world peace, and it would appear that everyone around us was also experiencing it, while their own experiences in their own universes might actually be substantially different. And your experience would certainly override your cat's - but only in your universe. From your cat's point of view, you are the one being overridden (there seems to me no reason why cats can't create their own realities, too).

I'm no physicist, so I have no idea how this might work in the realm of science, but the idea of being completely responsible for every aspect of our own reality is a powerful and intriguing one.
Old 21-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Master
Westleigh,

Interesting...I've also tried to understand the creation aspect of what we experience. I have come away with a slightly different understanding, mainly based on projection experiences. In them, yes, we do create our own world, in a way. The "target place" the Wm. Buhlman has people create in order to go to after you are out of body is, I think, a "virtual creation" of our own based on repeated visualization of a place. That place does exist in the "real world" so others reinforce the reality. But our own wishes and thoughts are placed into it too. For instance, just once when visualizing this place did I think that I needed a table around which I hoped to assemble my guides.

And, sure enough, there, in the middle of the room where it didn't belong was a table (one my ex-husband used to have).

At the same time, spiritual entities showed up there. I believe one was brought there because of my requests, but it is theoretically possible for others to "see" our thought forms or visualizations and..go there.

People often see doorways (often in places where they aren't in physical places) and then experience a totally different change of scene. The doorway is kind of a physical representation of the changing vibrational level we must be undergoing, causing us to enter another dimensional area. The door just represents an "actual" thing that is happening.

Likewise, people may see monsters or situations which scare them, created by their own fears. We may also see "structures" in the astral or spiritual world as we conceive them to be. But I think that behind our conceptions are ideas (from spirit, higher side) attempting to show us. So, we may have the literal concept wrong but the idea right.

For me it's kind of like in dreams (a more literally self-created reality) when a dream seems to be interrupted by some person or idea or event. We incorporate it into the general direction the dream was already going, but these events change the course of the dream.

A long-winded way of saying I think our universes are not entirely self-created. As with everything here in physical-land, "they" (?we) are always out there trying to get through with thoughts, ideas, concepts.

Isle