Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Master
The possibility of truth

Some people object when others - discoverers and teachers and other awakening ones - speak about something so pure and true that nothing compares to it. Why? Is universal truth something people feel the need to protect themselves from, as if it were a threat? If so... what does it threaten?

Xan

Old 31-10-2012, 04:04 AM
Master
The idea of enlightenment is of utmost importance.
Just to know that there is such possibility, changes one's entire outlook.
It acts like a burning match in a heap of saw dust.
All the great teachers did nothing else.
A spark of truth can burn up a mountain of lies.
The opposite is also true.
The sun of truth remains hidden behind the cloud of self-identification with the body.

- Nisargadatta Maharaj

Old 31-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Buzz

I can only offer an observation. That folks grasp to realities in the way children do their toys. There is identification at every point of the journey. For some this identification is strong and when threatened by another reality or so called truth, make evoke a reaction. Hence why these forums get heated at times. Ultimately a gifted teacher understands his student and exercises intuitive intelligence in their interactions.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Master
The whole teacher/student paradigm is bogus.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Master
The ego doesn't want the truth, the truth to the ego is death, it will kick and scream to the very end, and the end of the ego is what is needed for truth to enter, truth is freedom.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:48 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The ego doesn't want the truth, the truth to the ego is death, it will kick and scream to the very end, and the end of the ego is what is needed for truth to enter, truth is freedom.

My ego is kicking and screaming, I don't really know what to do about it. When it is really angry it gains complete control over me and enters me into an illusory world of negativity. It doesn't like what I'm doing. I don't know how to make it comply, how to gain control over it.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
My ego is kicking and screaming, I don't really know what to do about it. When it is really angry it gains complete control over me and enters me into an illusory world of negativity. It doesn't like what I'm doing. I don't know how to make it comply, how to gain control over it.
The truth is that what you believe to be you, or the ego, is just an illusion, just like any illusion you know that it isn't real, so no matter what you do, its just a waste of time, simply realize that you are not the ego and eventually it will fade away.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Master
Objections can go both ways,,,

Some 'teachers' can't let go of the fact that their truth is the only truth and allow others to have their own truths,,,

Yes, some can show the way, guide,,, the ending is the truth within,,,,

Who can object to that?

To do so can cause more harm than good,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 31-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Objections can go both ways,,,

Some 'teachers' can't let go of the fact that their truth is the only truth and allow others to have their own truths,,,

Yes, some can show the way, guide,,, the ending is the truth within,,,,

Who can object to that?

To do so can cause more harm than good,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
There isn't such thing as your own truth, there is just truth, and that is all we are, a true teacher speaks from that truth, not his or her own so called truth.
Old 31-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
There isn't such thing as your own truth, there is just truth, and that is all we are, a true teacher speaks from that truth, not his or her own so called truth.

LOL!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx