Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
There's an unspoken phrase in 'deep' science that doesn't get spoken of.. it's called "The calculated fiddle factor'. The times this is used is mind boggling. Where this leads us to is as far as your imagination can go.

G

It does sound like its use would create that aspect C9. Something similar to that was mentioned in a tv science show i watched recently.
Old 20-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
There's an unspoken phrase in 'deep' science that doesn't get spoken of.. it's called "The calculated fiddle factor'. The times this is used is mind boggling. Where this leads us to is as far as your imagination can go.

G

Are you referring to the fact that numbers have to get interpreted and they get interpreted in "creative" ways? There is a lot of slight of hand in statistics, the numbers can be massaged in many directions and then there is the framing language surrounding the numbers which can further skew the mind's interpretation.
Old 20-08-2011, 11:44 AM
glenos

Exactly that, and mostly to make the grant payer a happy bunny. They then go forth with skewed info' which leads to the next groups interpretation. Not pretty is it...

G
Old 20-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Master
hmmmmm.....
Old 20-08-2011, 01:05 PM
georgeTmaxwell

I propose that all science should be s******* and replaced with organized religion!

Sorry, NS, couldn't help myself

I think poking science generically isn't valid as there are so many flavors that do good and increase knowledge. You probably need to define your target which I am guessing are those who start venturing into philosophy, creation and existence.

As they venture into theoretical, of course it's going to be contentious especially for those who feel atheism is behind science and that science directly clashes with their God.

People are going to be scared if a scientist can show them something different to their religious belief. Go back a few hundred years when scientists were able to show things like the earth is not the centre of the universe - the church was ticked off.

If science does disprove God, I can hear the masses now saying "I have wasted my life..."

Add to that the "greens" and scientists who are saying the greenhouse effect is killing our planet. A lot of businesses and people aren't happy because it will affect their pocket, their jobs and their lifestyle.

Then a catastrophe will occur and the people will blame science for not knowing the future events and asking them to fix it quick.

Science will always be contentious as it breaks new ground but it is here to stay because we lust for knowledge. There is no way to get the genie back in the bottle.

BUT, it doesn't hurt to have people judging them all the time to keep it in place. It will continue to grow and shrink in popularity.

gTm
Old 20-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Council Of Nine

Global warming is a prime example of science being manipulated in order to make an unfounded decision to tax the hell out of us, just something else to get that extra bit of turnover to try and balance the books of a mishandled economy.

I think the truth is that science and not so much religion but more spirituality go hand in hand, the problem I have is that the science tends not to coexist and grow with the truth, but moves to forge its own direction separate from the truth and in the process moves farther away from its intended direction.

There are definitely more open minded scientist these days but most still seem to want to find their own truth instead of the one that is staring them right in the face. I think that if they drop their guard a little and reduced the ego they would make excellent ground, then saying that there are over 6000 patents being withheld from us classed under "national security", over 50 of these are for working zero point energy devices, so we have a situation where our governments only want the science that suits their purpose to be mainstream generating a catch 22 situation.
Old 20-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Suspended
Hiya NS and all

I don't know much about much, but I have a massive respect for people who make it their lifelong career to try and understand all this *waves hands at everything*.

And Brian Cox is a delight to watch/listen to - he's so enthusiasitc as well as being cute.

Squatch
Old 21-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Master
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeTmaxwell
I propose that all science should be s******* and replaced with organized religion!

Sorry, NS, couldn't help myself

onya mate!...I'm always the first to say a good dose of sense-of-humour would go a long way in this world of stuffies.

Quote:

I think poking science generically isn't valid as there are so many flavors that do good and increase knowledge. You probably need to define your target which I am guessing are those who start venturing into philosophy, creation and existence.

...and this is where I came in with asking you how to target such a huge subject.

There are just too many branches upon branches to dust off a precise path to target.

Quote:

As they venture into theoretical, of course it's going to be contentious especially for those who feel atheism is behind science and that science directly clashes with their God.

People are going to be scared if a scientist can show them something different to their religious belief. Go back a few hundred years when scientists were able to show things like the earth is not the centre of the universe - the church was ticked off.

If science does disprove God, I can hear the masses now saying "I have wasted my life..."

Add to that the "greens" and scientists who are saying the greenhouse effect is killing our planet. A lot of businesses and people aren't happy because it will affect their pocket, their jobs and their lifestyle.

Presto! Ditto! Spot-on! which is the reason for wanting to start this thread, being well aware of this. It's a fact of life and as you say, will not go away. It's such a vast area to cover and deal with by the masses and is why it just bogs further down into the quagmire of intention.

Quote:

Then a catastrophe will occur and the people will blame science for not knowing the future events and asking them to fix it quick.

People will always blame someone. They have to, because not to means taking personal responsibility and that's not on!

Quote:

Science will always be contentious as it breaks new ground but it is here to stay because we lust for knowledge. There is no way to get the genie back in the bottle.

Do we really want the genrie back in the bottle? I think glenos is right in saying "we dont want to go back to where we once were."

Quote:

BUT, it doesn't hurt to have people judging them all the time to keep it in place. It will continue to grow and shrink in popularity.

There must always be a check-point to keep us all on our toes. Which has brought me full circle once more, back to where I said earlier that people are questioning scientific values. It has to be to create that check-point.

Cheers
Old 21-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Master
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Council Of Nine
Global warming is a prime example of science being manipulated in order to make an unfounded decision to tax the hell out of us, just something else to get that extra bit of turnover to try and balance the books of a mishandled economy.

Yep..agree to a point. Australia is tackling this very thing at the moment with g'ment.

Quote:

I think the truth is that science and not so much religion but more spirituality go hand in hand, the problem I have is that the science tends not to coexist and grow with the truth, but moves to forge its own direction separate from the truth and in the process moves farther away from its intended direction.

Assuming that the 'truth' you speak of is truth for all?...I doubt it! Truth, to me, is a concept and is personal to each individual...tailored to suit their needs.

Quote:

There are definitely more open minded scientist these days but most still seem to want to find their own truth instead of the one that is staring them right in the face. I think that if they drop their guard a little and reduced the ego they would make excellent ground, then saying that there are over 6000 patents being withheld from us classed under "national security", over 50 of these are for working zero point energy devices, so we have a situation where our governments only want the science that suits their purpose to be mainstream generating a catch 22 situation.

A fact of life mate. This happens in everything..not just science. I'd rather not lay blame in chosen areas, but rather look towards a way of resolving it. Its all heresay when picking the eyes out of something then targeting it...which is one of the very reasons for the people vs science happening right now. Instead of being part of it, would we not do better to remove ourselves from it to forge a new way?

Cheers
Old 21-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Master
[quote=Squatchit]Hiya NS and all

Quote:
I don't know much about much,

Neither do I Squatch matie, but we can have-a-go! To stand up and be counted. How else can we learn along the way. I feel like a babe-in-the-woods when it comes to science, but I'm willing to make a start to scratch the surface.

Pleased to see you venture in here and have a stab at it, like I'm doing.

I don't know of Brian Cox but worth investigating by the sounds of it.