Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 30-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigereye

In answer to the question above, I believe small animals play an important part as spirit guides. The otter to me would be related to emotions because of its connection with water. Since I've never had an otter as a spirit animal, I'm not entirely sure, but I would guess that a person with the otter as their guide maybe needs help not to hold on to negative emotions, and not to fight them when they occur. Like I said, I don't know. I think a lot of the smaller, meeker animals also play a part in helping when a person needs to learn not to be as narcissistic, self absorbed, or power-seeking (as demonstrated by the fact the person mentioned above wanted a powerful eagle, and wouldn't accept the less fierce, and yet equally important otter).
I think there is as much to learn from a mouse or a songthrush as a lion or a hawk. It's just that the less fierce or powerful ones are often ignored or unrecognised by those they are guides to.

Thank you for this response! The "Otter as spirit animal" was from a webseries called "Fresh Hell" starring Brent Spiner -- so it wasn't a real scenario but it got me thinking about the humbler creatures. But I agree that these humble creatures must also be here to teach us something.

Thanks tigereye!
Old 30-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Guide
Spider - Saw one over my head in a dream. It wasn't threatening so my assumption was that it was there to bring me knowledge.

Moose - Can't remember if I was meditating or dreaming, but I saw a vision of a moose. Reading up on the qualities of the moose totem, it really resonated with where I was at in life, at that present time.
Old 30-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Master
Noxoid--

Mine started with raven, in many ways, extended to birds of all kind (ones of spiritual aspirations ended up being red-tailed hawks, eagles) and cats, of all kinds. I am a Leo but I've found the balance between cats and birds is almost necessary--as if both sides need to be there.

Recently I had a dream/image of a green spider. It wasn't "realistic" or scary but a stylized spider with the 8 legs extended. It was thin and green and the legs all vibrated--as if magic was coming through it. I looked it up and this was the interpretation that made sense to me:

When spider comes to us in a dream to deliver a message, we may find that we are being asked to face our fears or observe how we are moving through, and building on, new creative ventures. It can also signal to us that we need to take an extra look at how we relate to others and what type of relationships we are building. We can learn how to recognize the way we respond to new situations or learning new ways to trust in ourselves when we are taking new risks and creating new things for ourselves.

They are also connected to many mystical and magical symbols that represent many things from protection, to revealing our steps as we pursue our goals, to showing us what kind of web we're building in our lives through many forms of action.

Lora
Old 30-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Administrator
My spirit Animals are the Wolf and the Black crow i have ssen the wolf many times walk at my right side he is very protective of me. the crow i have neen aware of since very young,the follow me around. and when im sitting with my guide a Eagle always flies with us,

Namaste
Old 10-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Monkofknowledge

I really really don't like spiders, but I heard at one point there where a symbol of elegance, beauty, and class.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkofknowledge
I really really don't like spiders, but I heard at one point there where a symbol of elegance, beauty, and class.

Yeah, before that dream image, I hadn't thought about them being a good omen. I keep having to look up Native American interpretations and I find that almost anything in nature can deliver a message. They've been right on for me--and an important way I can get life sort of messages.

Lora
Old 23-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Teiksma

Mine is cat for all my life.
Now I have a connection with Shark. I also like evoking Kamohoalii - the shark god.
I dont like superstitions about sharks like evil creatures. Most shark species are shy and silent creatures. Sharks are not angry and starving for blood all the time. They dont kill for joy. They are just like other predators. No evil in them.
Sharks are an ancient mystery, survivors and they go straight to the goal. They are unbelievable sensitive.
We can learn a lot from sharks :)
It is interesting for me, that I like all animals, I dont fear or dislike any of them.
Old 23-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Knower
Well according to Native American culture my spirit animal would be the Falcon. However I feel my lessons to be learned stem mostly from the bee.
Old 23-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Teiksma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex23
Well according to Native American culture my spirit animal would be the Falcon

How do you know that? I have seen a horoscope-like thing and I am raven by it, but I dont feel deep connection. I like ravens, but I dont think it is my totem animal.
Old 23-07-2013, 06:38 PM
cheeneka

Hi,
I love this subject and the whole totemism thing.

I often find the synchronicity of the animals coming into our lives is just incredible. I think once you start into this subject it becomes more and more fascinating.
love
Gismo