Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Pathfinder
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I keep getting this message every time I click on anything. Is there some way to make that stop?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Master
It happens fairly often to me.

FYI: Usually waiting a few minutes works for me.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:04 AM
arive nan

This happens when the server is very busy because there's a lot of activity and we reach the limits of the resources we are allowed on our shared server. Waiting a few minutes to try again later is the best thing to do.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:15 PM
runningwithbutterflies

this happened to me as I was trying to read this thread!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Master
THis "server is too busy ......" thing is way beyond a joke. It is making SF unusable. This started recently with the failure a short time back. Obviously, the server has serious problems.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Master
I have only started striking it, since the site went down, the other week.
but in saying that, it isnt too long b4 i can go to the page i want to read.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
THis "server is too busy ......" thing is way beyond a joke. It is making SF unusable. This started recently with the failure a short time back. Obviously, the server has serious problems.

There are certain limitations when it comes to a shared server, several sites using the same resources. A dedicated server costs much more than a shared one. There's a donate button on the left.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Master
But why is it happening just lately, it never happened to me before we had that trouble just resently ?.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 PM
arive nan

We were required to place limits, so that we would not be suspended for overloading the shared server again. For the time being, it is either this or the whole site gets suspended completely like before. Dedicated servers are prohibitively expensive.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:09 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
We were required to place limits, so that we would not be suspended for overloading the shared server again. For the time being, it is either this or the whole site gets suspended completely like before. Dedicated servers are prohibitively expensive.
Given the sheer number of members here - even just the active ones - would you say that a dedicated server is still out of reach if a substantial number of us were to donate? I get the feeling that enough of us are fairly peeved with the situation to want to try and rectify it in some way.

I have donated fairly recently but wouldn't mind doing so again if I felt the dedicated server was achievable.

Today I couldn't even get onto the site - wasn't available - for one and a half hours. (Admittedly I didn't keep trying too often).