Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 19-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Golden28

Ah.. a topic i can work with..

IE = something i wouldnt spit on if it was on fire i.e So many Vunreblities and problems its no wonder it was made by microsoft. (Company trait)

Firefox = Stable,Secure, Fast, - Can be a memmory hog at times, for example, if your running streaming content youll notice its eatting about 150 odd mb, which tbh lets face it isnt bad.. depending on your specifications, (the more memmory it eats the better concerning Stability)
(also has a huge plugin list thanks to its huge community)

Some plugins i will mention here as they are invaluable to anyone running Firefox, and also this helps me out to no end regarding "Problems" that most people on this forum contact me with, and i end up fixing with teamviewer.. lol.

1: Adblock plus: http://adblockplus.org/en/
2: Downloadhelper: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ownloadhelper/ < Allows you to download ANY Content from the web Securely, also has a massive Database of records built in that will list every site known to man with streaming video content.

There is a couple more that i wont mention because of the forums policy, and i get abit to deep at times.. i dont want to confuse people.. although im open to pms :)

Chrome = Stable, Secure, Fast, (not a memmory hog) - Decent for coding, and Syntax highlighting, and many other aspects of development. Chrome also has a sandboxing technique built in automaticly that prevents any unwanted software installing itself on your machine, and stops what happens on one tab affecting what happens on another.
Old 19-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Master
Golden, have a look at NoSquint. It allows you to set font sizes to suit yourself and can also be used to blow-up images. You can set different colour schemes for different functions. A goody !
[only for Firefox]
Old 19-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Golden28

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Golden, have a look at NoSquint. It allows you to set font sizes to suit yourself and can also be used to blow-up images. You can set different colour schemes for different functions. A goody !
[only for Firefox]

Nice one =) will take a look. Btw [Firefox] Ctrl + Mousewheel = Zoom in and out, obviously increases text size and image by default. just thought i'd let you know :)
Old 19-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Time

Ok, ive been, as whiteshaman calls it "drive by posting" LOL... So ill explain a bit more clearly..

On IE9, there are some glitches, where the " my posts" area wont work. I noticed this once i DLeed IE9, so I started to use chrome. I noticed that the toolbar is different:

IE9 - The search botton, is after "new posts". After that, there is "quick links"

Chrome - The search button is BEFORE "new posts", and there is NO "quick links" botton at all, anywhere on the web page.

So basically, I have to track down a post I did, go in to "my posts" and 5 - 10 clicks later i can finally see my posts on chrome. IE9, still trips out on the "quick links" button, and only shows "my posts" once, before not working untill I clear my cookies.

So the question is why? Shouldnt the programming for the site be on BOTH browsers?

Im aware that IE9 still has plug in issues, but why the lack of "quick links" option on goodle chrome?
Old 19-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Aquarian

Chrome is spyware -- Firefox and Opera are the only decent alternatives. Opera invented most of the features that modern browsers have, and it has a few that haven't been copied yet. It's small, fast, lovely to use, extremely customisable, stable and works fine with 100+ tabs open. Strongly recommended unless you need specific FF extensions.
Old 19-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
So the question is why? Shouldnt the programming for the site be on BOTH browsers?

Im aware that IE9 still has plug in issues, but why the lack of "quick links" option on goodle chrome?

I'm guessing Matt created the site before Google Chrome was around - how many of the browsers we're talking about were around in 2006? So it's really up to Chrome (or any other subsequent browsers) to adapt to SF and not the other way around.

Old 19-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Golden28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I'm guessing Matt created the site before Google Chrome was around - how many of the browsers we're talking about were around in 2006? So it's really up to Chrome (or any other subsequent browsers) to adapt to SF and not the other way around.

Regardless, Firefox has no issues at all on this end, reading over the various posts about the difference in browser's and compatibility Firefox in my opinion wins hands down.

Ive never had issues with this site.. come to think of it ive never had any issue with firefox full stop..
Old 21-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Time

Still a pain either way.....

Thanks for the advice guys