Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 18-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Time

Sumarian texts predate all christian texts.... so if she was sumarian, that was well before the biblical texts.... and as far as i remember there is no real adam and eve story in sumarian myth....

So i think the association is like most of the rest.... either to demonize the pagan traditions.... or it got amalgamated into biblical/gnostic texts.
Old 19-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Boldylocks

I've heard of Lillith from the Bible- but in the scriptures, it's not mentioned that she was Adam's first wife- She was mentioned as one of the Old Testament King's wives -- forgot which King, and even if this King was Jewish, or Babylonian, etc.

From what I do recall, This particular King wanted to show off Lillith (as she was rather physically attractive) to all the men at some party he was hosting. She basically told him to "go to heck" because she didnt want to be exploited that way. So this particular King got a little bit irate over that and then demanded one of the pretty young Jewish girls he had as a servant be elevated to that stature and be shown off instead. This Jewish woman graciously came foreward and stood before him and his drunken friends. The king was impressed because of the humility of this young woman- who had a quiet inner beauty and softness about her that impressed him. He wasnt used to seeing that as his type of women was normally the hot sexy Jezebel type.

This King was so impressed at her beauty as well as her demure attitude, that he elevated her status and snubbed Lillith.
Old 19-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Ascender

Does anyone have references from the Bible? I would love to look this up
Old 20-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldylocks
I've heard of Lillith from the Bible- but in the scriptures, it's not mentioned that she was Adam's first wife- She was mentioned as one of the Old Testament King's wives -- forgot which King, and even if this King was Jewish, or Babylonian, etc.

From what I do recall, This particular King wanted to show off Lillith (as she was rather physically attractive) to all the men at some party he was hosting. She basically told him to "go to heck" because she didnt want to be exploited that way. So this particular King got a little bit irate over that and then demanded one of the pretty young Jewish girls he had as a servant be elevated to that stature and be shown off instead. This Jewish woman graciously came foreward and stood before him and his drunken friends. The king was impressed because of the humility of this young woman- who had a quiet inner beauty and softness about her that impressed him. He wasnt used to seeing that as his type of women was normally the hot sexy Jezebel type.

This King was so impressed at her beauty as well as her demure attitude, that he elevated her status and snubbed Lillith.

Do you remember which book this is from? Because it doesn't sound familiar. To my knowledge, Lilith is non-Tanakh/Old Testament. Which is why Christians or Muslims make no mention of her. She's only (briefly) mentioned in the Babylonian Talmud - which is a solely Jewish work not recognized as being Biblical.
Old 20-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Boldylocks

Okay, i just researched this in the Bible this morning - I was wrong about the names of the queen. See the book of Esther in the Old Testament.

Lilith was only mentioned once in the Hebrew Bible--and that was in Isaiah 34:14. She is compared with demonic entities in that verse too. http://lilithproject.blogspot.com/20...aiah-3414.html

Lilith could actually be Satan's "queen of Hell" . I recently read about a woman who allegedly visited Hell with Jesus Christ protecting her to observe and report back how real it is. She noticed a beautiful woman there adorned in tons of jewels and silks who was given a high place of honor there in Hell, and she was considered the "queen of Hell" just as there is a "Queen of Heaven" This "Queen of Hell" was extreemly hateful , sarcastic and cruel- and could very well be this "Lilith" mentioned in Sumerian texts.

Ironically- those who practice Satanism on Earth who demonic entities promise a high place in Hell where they won't have to suffer when they die actually suffer more than everyone else in Hell- the woman was shown how they are all conned while on Earth and they fall for it because they feel empowered by all the supernatural gifts given to them by Satan-- only to find themselves enslaved by these same "gifts" and placed in confining cells when in Hell while demons and Satan laugh at them for how gullible they were.

Anyway, getting back to that Queen and demure Jewish maiden--
It wasnt' Lillith, but Queen Vash'ti who refused to come to the King (King A-has-u-e'rus) when he called his servants for her. Queen Vash'ti was a very physically attractive woman and the King wanted to show her off to all his nobles, province princes, etc as he had a giant feast planned and had invited them. Queen Vash'ti decided she would arrange a feast for the women in the Royal house at the same time.

King A-has-u-e'rus and his party were getting a bit intoxicated and "merry" from the wine served and I think Queen Vash'ti was disgusted at him for trying to exploit her. Can't say I blame her as she was probably tired of being appreciated only for her physical beauty--I'd probably have turned him down as well, especially since he was drunk and seems to have been a bit on the arrogant side from reading the scriptures about him.

The young Jewish maiden mentioned who impressed the King by her demure attitude was Esther- I dont' believe they realized she was Jewish when picking her as after he divorced Queen Vash'ti, there was a decree sent out for a search for Four of the most attractive young women found in the Kingdom . Apparantly, Esther had a very attractive natural beauty requiring no cosmetics as the other women in this "competition" and this was definitely noticed by the King when he critiqued all the women he was to choose from. (Esther 2:15 ".....she required nothing but what Heg'a-i , the king's chamberlain, the keeper of the women, appointed..." )

While I admire Esther--I also feel sorry for Queen Vash'ti and can relate with her disgust at being treated like a peace of "meat" to be shown off and exploited to all of the King's bigshots. Just that her approach over the situation was probably a bit sarcastic and cocky --as my angry approach would have been as well...lol! Ideally, Vash'ti should have quietly told the king's chamberlain's that she would be there- but felt more comfortable waiting until the effects of the King's wine wore off first- so they could better appreciate her., Then she could suggest food and water be served to the king and his party first to dilute the affects of their alcohol.
Old 26-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Guide
Saw this ebay listing and thought of this thread:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LILITH-VA...em231055 3c07
Old 26-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Animus27

@Boldylocks: Thanks! I've never read the Book of Esther, although I do want to someday, along with the rest of the Tanakh. Thanks again for taking the time to post the info

@ellespirit: Wow, I hope no one is stupid enough to pay anything more than 5 bucks for that
Old 27-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Ascender

Hehe oh wow the ebay listing is indeed stupid and seems to me to be black magic.
Old 31-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Guide
Not exactly my cup of tea, but each to their own. I can't say it's something I would buy, but art is such a subjective thing isn't it?
Old 31-08-2011, 02:35 AM
Ascender

You think it's art?