Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Color Can the Sprits of the Dead communicate with the living via Internet, Cell Phones ?

Recently, I have read several accounts on the internet about dead people messaging their friends and loved ones on Facebook and on chat sites. About dead people sending text messages and emails. One account I read described "a strange white see though person" materializing out of a computer modem, crossing a room and shutting the door. Could this have been ghost using the internet to move from one place to another ? I read a hypothesis that the internet being virtual space constitutes a "grey zone" between material and spiritual reality. Has anyone else heard this hypothesis ? How is it possible (if so) for earthbound spirits to manipulate computers and cell phones ? I've read that it is possible for objects to have spirits. Could it be that a ghost can interact with the spiritual essence of an object (computer or phone)? I know I have a lot of questions but I have not come across any clear answers. I appreciate any insights. Thank you.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Suspended
Think of it this way, how do you think a wandering spirit sees? Can they even see the details of a touchscreen phone or does it look like a blank screen to them?

When you try to astral project, for example, do you see details of things or is it mostly just blurred shadows/lights?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Newbie ;)

What I've heard about how ghosts "see".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascophore
Think of it this way, how do you think a wandering spirit sees? Can they even see the details of a touchscreen phone or does it look like a blank screen to them?

When you try to astral project, for example, do you see details of things or is it mostly just blurred shadows/lights?

Hi Ascophore... thank you for your reply. :)

I have read the hypothesis that earthbound spirits "see" by receiving photon light emissions from the physical environment. That being composed of electromagnetic radiation, the consciousness of the earthbound spirit (this hypothesis assumes a duality between the consciousness and the spirit body) interacts with electromagnetic waves of light and translates them into equivalent objects. The perception in this case is like a detailed impression.

If earthbound spirits are sending emails, text messages and interacting with Facebook, I assume they must be able to "see" the details. But I am not sure.

I have not had the experience of willed Astral Projection, so I can not say from that perspective. The closest experience to Astral Projection I've had is an Out of Body Experience when I was 15. I floated out of my body to the ceiling and could see my body on the bed. I was able to see my body and my room at that time in detail. But I was not dead, I was still connected to my body by the Silver Cord.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Knower

I have no real answer to your question. I do know spirits can see things like what is on your pc screen. With me they sometimes react to it. The first contact I had could 'explain' things because of Google. I knew him when he was alive. I did a search for the little village he was living in when he died. He pointed out the important things concerning him.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Experiencer

I've always found this concept a bit silly... it's one of the things tv shows and movies made popular by using it as a scare tactic. Somewhere along the line, the average psychics started to think it was a preferable method of communication. Word spread... and here we are.

It's very difficult for spirits to influence the physical world. It is as difficult for them as it is for you to, eg, move an object with your mind, or type a letter on your computer screen. Which is to say, it's very difficult to accomplish.

The internet term for virtual space doesn't really incorporate a 'habitable space' for spirits. They don't travel through electrical conduits, nor find it easier to communicate by manipulating computer code or simulating electrical signals.

I'd argue that in each of the reported cases, it was someone living that made contact (for any number of reasons). A spirit/light seen coming through the network/modem would likely have been coincidence.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Master
As per Edgar Cayce, Such Communication Is Possible

As per Edgar Cayce, the "Sleeping Prophet":

"The spirit of all that have passed from the physical plane remain about the plane until their development carry them onward or are returned for their development here. When they are in the plane of communication or remain within this sphere, any may be communicated with. There are thousands about us here at present."

That is my understanding as well.

Source: The Psychic Sense, How To Awaken Your Sixth Sense, by Edgar Cayce. (ISBN: 0-87604-523-9, Published by A.R.E. Association of Research and Enlightenment, Virginia Beach, Virginia)
Old 09-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
I've always found this concept a bit silly... it's one of the things tv shows and movies made popular by using it as a scare tactic. Somewhere along the line, the average psychics started to think it was a preferable method of communication. Word spread... and here we are.

It's very difficult for spirits to influence the physical world. It is as difficult for them as it is for you to, eg, move an object with your mind, or type a letter on your computer screen. Which is to say, it's very difficult to accomplish.

The internet term for virtual space doesn't really incorporate a 'habitable space' for spirits. They don't travel through electrical conduits, nor find it easier to communicate by manipulating computer code or simulating electrical signals.

I'd argue that in each of the reported cases, it was someone living that made contact (for any number of reasons). A spirit/light seen coming through the network/modem would likely have been coincidence.

Thank you for your reply Carnate. I see your point. Not everyone agrees with the idea that earthbound spirits can communicate through devices or technology. The reported cases that I have read about relate that it was the spirits initiating contact. For example; text messages sent, by a young woman who died in a car accident, to her mother; emails from a dead person to his friends and family; reports of people who are dead messaging loved ones on Facebook; a ghost chatter on Excite , etc.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel
Recently, I have read several accounts on the internet about dead people messaging their friends and loved ones on Facebook and on chat sites. About dead people sending text messages and emails. One account I read described "a strange white see though person" materializing out of a computer modem, crossing a room and shutting the door. Could this have been ghost using the internet to move from one place to another ? I read a hypothesis that the internet being virtual space constitutes a "grey zone" between material and spiritual reality. Has anyone else heard this hypothesis ? How is it possible (if so) for earthbound spirits to manipulate computers and cell phones ? I've read that it is possible for objects to have spirits. Could it be that a ghost can interact with the spiritual essence of an object (computer or phone)? I know I have a lot of questions but I have not come across any clear answers. I appreciate any insights. Thank you.
what site was that? creepy pasta?
did you watch the movies the ring and the original, ringu? or one missed called [chakushin ari in original title]?

don't believe everything you read on the internet. and you'd better ask for protection from our creator, just to be safe.

and to really answer your question, no, i dont think they can.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroon60
I have no real answer to your question. I do know spirits can see things like what is on your pc screen. With me they sometimes react to it. The first contact I had could 'explain' things because of Google. I knew him when he was alive. I did a search for the little village he was living in when he died. He pointed out the important things concerning him.

Interesting. So you have communicated with them via technology ?
Old 10-05-2017, 01:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mused
what site was that? creepy pasta?
did you watch the movies the ring and the original, ringu? or one missed called [chakushin ari in original title]?

don't believe everything you read on the internet. and you'd better ask for protection from our creator, just to be safe.

and to really answer your question, no, i dont think they can.

Thank you for your viewpoint,

I read accounts from several paranormal websites.

The first reports of what parapsychologists now refer to as “phantom text messaging effect” or PTME was in 2006. Apparently, communication of dead people with living people via technology has a history: "The first phantom telephone call was reported in 1886, just ten years after Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. Three years after the Titanic sank, an S.O.S from the vessel was received by a Norwegian freighter, the first known ghost Morse Code message. The first fax from the other side was reported in 1987, a few years after the fax machine came into popular use. And emails from the dead began to crop up in the mid-1990s." [I could provide a link to the article, but I do not know if I am allowed to post links]