Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Gracey thanks for your insight
And while I think of it, your science side, I should have realised with your Nikola Tesla avatar.

---

Lynn

Thinking of cards! I don't use them as much as I should but I do find them a good tool to help focus the mind when I do.
I like colour cards. I think it's because there is nothing but a colour, I'm not influenced by a picture, not that I let a picture influence me anyhow. My tutor at one of my circles knows I'll use the cards as a tool, and, as he says, not as they should be!
But, as I say, I get the results

I can mix & match what I do, as far as psychic & mediumistic goes, but I do make a conscious effort to work with one or the other.
I said in another thread that I find psychic work boring, but when working that way and people have that look about them that says how do you know that about me, I still get a little warm feeling and have to smile to myself.

I still have much to learn and I do take things serriously but when working in a mediumistic way I do find it uplifting and fun.
I'm always intrigued the various ways I get things, for example, in a reading recently I got a sense of cherry, I didn't see it, I didn't smell it and when I said this, which was a question to validate a connection, I was asked "there is something very distinct about this man", that's what I got, a sense of cherry. That's what I had to say, I have a sense of cherry and I found myself rubbing my fingers.
He smiled and said that the man I had connected to smoked cherry flavoured rolling tobacco.

I was puzzled afterwards thinking about it that I didn't smell it & rub my fingers, anyhow I got the result.
Strange how one day you get something one way and another day it could be exactly the same thing but you get it in another way, I wish they'd make up their minds

Can I ask you two what your favourite way to read is and what you are sometimes puzzled by?
Old 16-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Knower

Dear All

Again a lot of misunderstanding about Medium and Psychic. We all are mediums, some dormant and others ostensive. What you called Psychic is a tipe of medium indeed!

Regarding Mediumship and types of Medium nothing better than below book:

www.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Mediums.pdf

Especially Chapters XIV, XV and XVI.

Good study!
Old 17-02-2017, 12:58 AM
Administrator
Hello

There are so many levels to what a Medium and what a Psychic can sense and feel. For me I came in as I am and its all "ON" there is no down time there is no off switch. For me personally I have all 5 senses in play with it all.

There are times when a spirit or ghost will even take me to see and "feel" how they died. I have no control over this happening it just does but I too am never put in harms way.

I have the 6th sense in play too intuition that out side the brain path gut feeling is key to sorting things out more clearly. I too have precognitive visions and see things at times "no one wants to see or feel."

When I did my last large platform show someone asked me to share a day in the life of me....saying it would be "So cool to be you". When I finished he said he was shaking and going "Please God this is not for me". I too did not share a really scary event just a normal day.

So I get why some do not open to it all as "all" is a lot to take on. To walk in the Lightest of Light and the Darkest of Dark (what some call Demonic ) is not for everyone this is my World. I am called for this.

I remember my first "smell" event, I was 6 years old, at an open casket funeral. I remember (and it was not very nice ) telling my Dad the man smelled bad in the box.

Lynn
Old 17-02-2017, 02:39 AM
Knower

Wow, interesting stuff :) I don't consider myself a medium as its not something I do often, but I can communicate with the deceased, human or otherwise, when I am interested in speaking with them or the energy they left behind.

I once connected with an uncle I had only met once who passed away. I saw he was spending his afterlife near army camps because he apparently was in the army for many years of his life and he felt comfortable there.

I asked my mom who had met him many times before if that uncle had ever been in the army before. She said no. I asked my dad (the uncle was my dad's brother) and he said yes.

My mom asked me how I knew that and then said, oh yeah of course you could know things like that =D
Old 17-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Newbie ;)

I am not a medium. But I do able to communicate with the dead if needed.
Old 17-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Gracey

Can I ask you two what your favourite way to read is and what you are sometimes puzzled by?[/quote]

I have no particular way that is favorite to me. What puzzles me at times is people personality types. I have learned a lot about human behavior, motives and desires.
Old 17-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

There are so many levels to what a Medium and what a Psychic can sense and feel. For me I came in as I am and its all "ON" there is no down time there is no off switch. For me personally I have all 5 senses in play with it all.

There are times when a spirit or ghost will even take me to see and "feel" how they died. I have no control over this happening it just does but I too am never put in harms way.

I have the 6th sense in play too intuition that out side the brain path gut feeling is key to sorting things out more clearly. I too have precognitive visions and see things at times "no one wants to see or feel."

When I did my last large platform show someone asked me to share a day in the life of me....saying it would be "So cool to be you". When I finished he said he was shaking and going "Please God this is not for me". I too did not share a really scary event just a normal day.

So I get why some do not open to it all as "all" is a lot to take on. To walk in the Lightest of Light and the Darkest of Dark (what some call Demonic ) is not for everyone this is my World. I am called for this.

I remember my first "smell" event, I was 6 years old, at an open casket funeral. I remember (and it was not very nice ) telling my Dad the man smelled bad in the box.

Lynn

I was wondering if you did this in front of an audience. I have wondered what that would be like.

I was around 6 years old too when I had my first smell of death. It was cancer and I will never forget that smell.
Old 17-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauterb
Dear All

Again a lot of misunderstanding about Medium and Psychic. We all are mediums, some dormant and others ostensive. What you called Psychic is a tipe of medium indeed!

Regarding Mediumship and types of Medium nothing better than below book:

www.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Mediums.pdf

Especially Chapters XIV, XV and XVI.

Good study!

Thanks. I book marked the book and plan to read it in the near future.
Old 17-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
There are so many levels to what a Medium and what a Psychic can sense and feel.For me I came in as I am and its all "ON" there is no down time there is no off switch.

I suppose mine is on all the time too, but mostly I'm not aware of it. I think with me though it's because I spent so many years trying to block things out, trying to deny what I was seeing, I just wanted a "normal" life, I was one of those that considered "it" as a curse. Little did I know that “it” was actually on, and seeing what I saw was just a part of it.

The on switch, so to speak, I think of as when I'm about to conduct a reading, I change my awareness & make a conscious effort to tune into what's about to arrive.
In everyday life it's handy, it always has been, but back then I just thought everybody must just know things and sense life as I do, I never realised what I had wasn't the "norm, I just saw things I shouldn’t and didn’t want to, but why I saw them was unknown to me.

I suppose it's like you say above, there are so many levels we can sense & feel.

It’s taken a lot for me to be comfortable with it all, and it's taken lots of years, but now I am & I’m getting used to doing things with it, like readings, I’m enjoying it.
It’s like, because I’m using it, I’m in control.

I could go on, I can do that & comment on much of what you said but I’ll stop here for now & thank you for your insight, I enjoyed reading it
Old 17-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
What puzzles me at times is people personality types.

I can struggle with them too.
I have to admit I like the more buzzy, high energy connections, you just know they had a real zest for life. They can make you feel like you just want to high five the person you're reading for. Sadly I don't get enough of them.

That said, it's still early days for me, I'm sure as time goes by there will be plenty more to come