Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 05-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Any comments on flying, or the significance of dream flying would be deeply appreciated. I know I am on the verge of full-on big-time flight again. Fun.

Hi Stevek. Thanks for your fun post, my friend. True, dream flying can signify a feeling of success. The general, basic desire for flight is freedom, to feel free, unbound. I always fly in an upright position, levitating, usually jumping off a building to get me started, or jumping up and floating, but I'd love to fly Superman-style. Blessings.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Master
Thanks Simon,
I'm give the first one a try. i don't normally dream but i think it is because i don't get enough sleep.
When I sleep in, i tend to dream.
I always wanted to experience lucid dreaming.........
James
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 AM
happy camper

Since it was asked earlier,what is the importance of lucid dreaming,I thought I post this.I have been re-reading Tibetan book of living and dying and I came across this in chapter 7 about explaining the bardos.

"Of course the bardos of death are much deeper states of consciousness than sleep and dream states,and far more powerful moments,but their relative levels of subtlety correspond and show the kind of links and parallels that exist between all different levels of conciousness.Masters often use this particular comparison to show just how difficult it is to maintain awareness during the bardo states.How many of us are aware of the change in consciousness when we fall asleep?Or of the moment of sleep before the dreams begin?How many of us are aware even when we dream that we are dreaming?Imagine then,how difficult it will be to remain aware during the turmoil of the bardos of death.
How your is in the sleep and dream state indicates how your mind will be in the corresponding bardo states;for example,the way in ,which you react to dreams,nightmares,and difficulties now shows how you might react after you die.
This is why the yoga of sleep and dream plays such an importanat part in the preparation for death.What a real practitioner seeks to do is to keep,unfailing and unbroken,his or her awareness of the nature of the mind throughout day and night,and so use directly the different phases of sleep and dream to recognize and become familiar with what happen in the bardos during and after death.
So we find two other bardos often included within the bardo of this life:the bardo of sleep and dream,and the bardo of meditation.Meditation is the practice of the daytime and sleep and dream yoga practices of the night."

Hope not too many typos,don't feel like checking..
Old 06-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Master
Interesting! Thanks Happy Camper.
Anything from anything that has the word Tibetian in it always catches my eye!
James
Old 09-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Ascender

That was pretty interesting Happy! thanks for sharing