Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 05-03-2020, 04:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Arrow something i've used a lot of time on without any gain

for a long time i've been trying to "open up my third eye" and heard more than 5 different ways including food, yoga, just meditating and more, also people claiming to be mediums disapproving of other peoples ways and so on, i'm very bored and therefore had nothing else to do so for more than months i've been trying different things without luck, and even when meditating i can't seem to focus where i'm supposed to for example the third eye which is in the center of the forehead, my focus goes too far right or left. also do you normally feel where the blockage is on different chakras and how much energy flow is in each? cause in my daily life i just feel pain if i get hurt or emotional feelings and stuff? is there anyone who didn't get born with their third eye opened who could recommend how they opened it or/and what worked for them?

Last edited by NewAccount776 : 05-03-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:57 AM
Experiencer
I would suggest focusing less on the third eye exclusively, and more on the entire energy body from root to crown+; mainly root, because the other issue that comes up for people is that they spend all their time working toward growth with upper chakra-related things without having a good enough foundation with the lower chakras. This leads to imbalance, confusion, etc. If you start from the root and begin by focusing more exclusively on the lower 3 for a while, that will benefit you significantly in the rest of your practice. Then, in the long run, third eye-related stuff will come much more easily.

If you're looking for other practices that can help you relate to all of this, some ideas are tai chi, qigong (energy work), pranayama (breath work), yoga, physical exercise, and lots of others
Old 12-03-2020, 11:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribiq
I would suggest focusing less on the third eye exclusively, and more on the entire energy body from root to crown+; mainly root, because the other issue that comes up for people is that they spend all their time working toward growth with upper chakra-related things without having a good enough foundation with the lower chakras. This leads to imbalance, confusion, etc. If you start from the root and begin by focusing more exclusively on the lower 3 for a while, that will benefit you significantly in the rest of your practice. Then, in the long run, third eye-related stuff will come much more easily.

If you're looking for other practices that can help you relate to all of this, some ideas are tai chi, qigong (energy work), pranayama (breath work), yoga, physical exercise, and lots of others
thanks for texting back, do you have a link to some sort of program i could follow or something like that?

appreciate your reply!
Old 13-03-2020, 06:09 AM
Experiencer
If you're asking about some kind of "spiritual training program", you can find such things, but I would be careful not to buy into what other people have to say without checking for yourself. My suggestion would be to try different things (for example, the practices I mentioned), and see what suits you. Only you will be able to tell that, and then when you find something, set attainable goals for yourself; Whatever it is, make sure that you're only working on improving in small increments, then you'll progress more steadily than if you expect too much too quick, and you'll often be surprised by how easily things come when you're less attached to the outcome in this way.

There is a lot on youtube that you might find useful, there are good books, but if you feel the need to try things with a teacher, do some research and give that a try and see how it is. Explore enough to see what feels right for you to pursue, there are lots of options
Old 14-03-2020, 12:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribiq
If you're asking about some kind of "spiritual training program", you can find such things, but I would be careful not to buy into what other people have to say without checking for yourself. My suggestion would be to try different things (for example, the practices I mentioned), and see what suits you. Only you will be able to tell that, and then when you find something, set attainable goals for yourself; Whatever it is, make sure that you're only working on improving in small increments, then you'll progress more steadily than if you expect too much too quick, and you'll often be surprised by how easily things come when you're less attached to the outcome in this way.

There is a lot on youtube that you might find useful, there are good books, but if you feel the need to try things with a teacher, do some research and give that a try and see how it is. Explore enough to see what feels right for you to pursue, there are lots of options
how do i know if the practice i'm doing works or not?

thanks for typing!
Old 24-03-2020, 12:42 AM
Experiencer
Practices are just different ways of exploring consciousness moment to moment. It's less about whether they work or not, and much more about the degree of awareness with which they're done. It doesn't matter if you're doing the "best" practice in the world if you're not mindful of the present moment while you're doing it. And I find that I have the best outcomes with staying present if I'm doing something that interests me. Look at different sources for learning whatever it is that interests you, and then determine for yourself what it would mean to say that the practice "worked" or "didn't work". Regardless, with or without a practice, you're still doing the same work every moment of waking consciousness. They can be good tools for it though
Old 30-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Master
^^^ Good post.

Most of the times,practical teqniques are just the recipe.And in order to cook them,you have to switch on the kitchen.