Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 27-01-2016, 07:18 AM
Pathfinder

Oh, it certainly is and will be! And you're entirely correct; the school system is as antiquated as 8-track tapes are to us, like they make sound come out, sometimes, but it isn't usually the exact right sound, nor is it of high quality. And why use an 8-track when there are dozens of viable alternatives? Literally no reason other than they haven't been created yet. Well, that and legitimately better education methods can't be implemented because they don't improve standardized test scores... -.-
It makes no sense, which is why I'm tackling the evaluation of aptitude and intelligence. Yeesh, why oh why hasn't this been done already....
And the fact that we can't just master a skill and be credible in that skill, but instead we have to go out of our way to get a diploma and degree to say, "Hi, I'm not dumb, and I know some things that other people also know" when because of how poor the evaluation system is, it doesn't even mean that much... Hahahaha, I know right! It is a genuine form of suffering to be sure. Having your soul prevented from nearly every type of expression is exceptionally difficult to handle.
And thank you so much for your kind words and wishes. They brightened an otherwise dreary night :) I really do appreciate it. And I would say good luck, but that' imply you needed it. So instead, I'll simply wish you grace in taking what life throws at you :)

[quote=phoenix13]Wow, that sounds so interesting. I think that the school system right now is antiquated. Especially with the internet, it's ridiculous to sit through hours of instruction when someone has a YouTube video or a tutorial that could show you the same thing more efficiently. We need to find new ways to engage people in school, or else more unfortunate souls are going to suffer through this as well. ;) I wish you the best in college, and thank you for your words. Whether you think so or not, they are words of wisdom. Peace.
Old 27-01-2016, 07:20 AM
Pathfinder

I'd certainly say that this is excellent advice in a wide variety of cases, assignments, and classes :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers

My advice would be aware of the restrictions but not ruled by them. It is when we are aware of imposed and often illusory restrictions which we are able to find creative ways around them.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Experiencer

I graduated many many years ago. I figured out that it helped me to focus on the fact that I am helping others. But then again, I'm a healer as much as some form of star, I'm not sure which one, currently. Helping my parents to enforce their pride of me by generating those As and **. I remember in grade school, I had an issue with no doing my homework. My parents tried to bribe me, but I just lied about it. It wasn't until my empathy began to develop, that I could see I wasn't there for the education, I was there to make others happy. My parents wanted me there because they didn't know any different. Your kids go to school, and they do well. Everyone is happy. I could see through the lies and I did what I had to do.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13
We all know it. Schools aren't exactly ideal for indigos.

I'm currently in high school, and I'm just about at my wits end. I really am. I'm so tired of being assigned work when I could be pursuing my passions. I can see right past the guise of "education" and I know that this is not helping anyone, this is enslaving people so that we continue to march along on their prescribed course of life. I don't want to go from high school to college to work to retirement to death. I want to LIVE!

Does anyone have any advice for an indigo/crystal/starseed in the school system? I need some words of wisdom here, because I am feeling a little lost and a little hopeless.

-Phoenix

There Was A News Report With The Pupils Still Using Calculators

In This Modern Age They Should Be Using Computers

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 11-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
I could see through the lies and I did what I had to do.
Same here.
Although I don't recommend this, I went as far as to not perform to my fullest potential in order to be purposely placed into classes that were more tolerable for me. They tried to put me into (what they called) 'the advanced classes' in HS, but it was a million times worse (even more cold, sterile, strict, fake). It was like sitting in a room full of robots. It was an extremely uncomfortable environment for me. So, I did what I had to do and purposely did poorly in the advanced classes in order to be placed back into the 'average/general classes', and then performed at a level that kept me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I have discovered that there is so much more on offer than what schools teach there is. We can learn the lessons but school is not the whole story. My advice would be aware of the restrictions but not ruled by them. It is when we are aware of imposed and often illusory restrictions which we are able to find creative ways around them.
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo009
Yeah, if you can do something you find personally productive that you can get away with during class if it's a concept you already understand, or if it's something like crosswords or sudokus that require limited attention, then you may or may not be able to pass the classes in a more tolerable, less lengthy-feeling way!
Great advice! I definitely did that.

Last edited by O : 11-02-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13
We all know it. Schools aren't exactly ideal for indigos.

I'm currently in high school, and I'm just about at my wits end. I really am. I'm so tired of being assigned work when I could be pursuing my passions. I can see right past the guise of "education" and I know that this is not helping anyone, this is enslaving people so that we continue to march along on their prescribed course of life. I don't want to go from high school to college to work to retirement to death. I want to LIVE!

Does anyone have any advice for an indigo/crystal/starseed in the school system? I need some words of wisdom here, because I am feeling a little lost and a little hopeless.

-Phoenix

I'd stick with it. Unless of course your indigo intellect can come up with a way of paying for a roof over your head, food, fire and clothes, without you taking part in society.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Master
I Was Totally Bored With School

The Learning Was Too Slow

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 21-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Pathfinder
I remember how much I hated school. The routine. The same thing EVERY day. I also did enough to just pass. The only thing I did decent in was English/Literature and Art. Although I took longer than most people on my art projects because I hated being rushed. Yea they make it sound like when you get out it's going to get so much better....well unfortunately the school system is set up to prepare your for the work system as well. The 8 hr. days. The same cycle every day. Looking back through high school it wasn't that hard. It just bored me to death. I tried college for Art and hated it so that never worked out. I'm just not a school person. After so many years I just discovered that anything that has a certain set of rules that I can't alter or bend that I have to rigidly follow to get things done (for example art which is supposed to come from the heart) I can't stand. I've been like that my whole life.
Old 21-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Experiencer
Cat Art & music for me

You don't have to go to school to be an artist or a musician. I paint and play flute. Some people can even make money doing it :)
Old 27-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarChild
You don't have to go to school to be an artist or a musician. I paint and play flute. Some people can even make money doing it :)
I agree with you. I will say this much, art is one thing you don't have to go to college for to excel at. If you like a classroom environment and learn better that way fine....but I think I learn better from real life observation and learning directly out of a book or youtube videos. I would really like to get better...but it's a time thing. Work leaves me exhausted.