Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 07-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
All tribes and nations have different prophecies, but they all mean the same thing. Nothing to be worried about, instead something to be grateful to be in this generation to witness such exciting and magical thing. The earth is a loving living entity! We as her children have nothing to fear.
The Book of Revelations does not speak about the same thing as the Hopi prophecy. The former speaks about the Roman Empire while the latter speaks about America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I wouldn't take much notice of prophecies, there's prophecies from just about every part of the planet, you can fit them into any situation you like,
Yes, because it's all about interpretation..

In the Middle Ages people experienced the black death, a small Ice Age, hunger, religious wars.. No doubt they used Revelations to explain their time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Maasaw, to the Hopi is more ancient than Jesus. Maasaw IS God and gave them explicit instructions as to how to live on this earth. They have strived to keep their promise.These prophesies are far older than the white man coming to America.
This is a matter of belief, Summerland. Oral culture changes through time, it's not a vacuum.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

When I read this, I immediately thought of the Internet (World Wide Web).

Squatch
Old 07-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Administrator
I have heard this many times and for my part the Hopi are correct in what they say

Namaste
Old 07-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
When I read this, I immediately thought of the Internet (World Wide Web).

Squatch

That is what I thought of as I saw how the internet spread, connecting everyone on the planet (who wanted to be connected) There are two aspects to a spider web (by the way, Grandmother Spider is the Spinner) One is that it enables to spider to travel quickly; on the other hand, it traps us by insinuating itself into every part of our lifes and traps us with the stickiness of living in a computer world.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
The Book of Revelations does not speak about the same thing as the Hopi prophecy. The former speaks about the Roman Empire while the latter speaks about America.Yes, because it's all about interpretation..

In the Middle Ages people experienced the black death, a small Ice Age, hunger, religious wars.. No doubt they used Revelations to explain their time.
This is a matter of belief, Summerland. Oral culture changes through time, it's not a vacuum.

The definition of BELIEF is:something believed, an opinion or conviction
FAITH: unquestioning belief that does not require proof or evidence.
Now the purpose of this forum I thought was to be open about our FAITH and BELIEFS in various aspects of spirituality. Based on the definitions of FAITH and BELIEF that does not require FACTS or PROOF. It is based on a conviction that is unprovable. So on a spiritual forum, why do you insist on PROOF of everything ?; that would be more of a science forum.

Most of us speak of our beliefs, our spiritual quests and findings for ourselves on Spiritual Forum. Since those findings are based on personal experience, personal insights, none of what any of us say is PROVABLE!!

You question fairy/elemental photos, then post 'matrix photos" of your own that show a pile of bird dung and feathers that are in an odd arrangement. Sarcasm? Ridicule?

You question any prophesies since they can't be proven.The Hopi prophesies were here, in oral tradition, before white man came to this country.Does anyone know how old those prophesies are; ask the Elders.

You say the chakras are only a way that uneducated people explained organ placements.

Some say that the climate is changing and the earth is shaking: you say that has always happened. Of course it has always happened; just not at this fast rate.

You want proof that Atlantis existed, but don't accept any evidence that is presented to you as pseudo-science.

We say that fowl and fish are dying off all over the globe , in alarming rates. You say it is only because we have access to computers that all of it so public now.

You know what, Chrysaestos, even science is not concrete and empiracal; it changes all the time as it discovers new findings that no one expected.
There is no proof of anything; nothing can be proven. Not God, not the sky, not us being here, not that we are part of a galaxy because it all based on hearsay. Astronomers are constantly finding surprises out there that they say can't exist. Scientists say that they can decide which path an atom will go by thinking of the outcome.We are living in Alice's Wonderland, where nothing is as it seems.
I don't mind sharing my BELIEFS and talking about my FAITH or PERSONAL EXPERIENCES here; that is why I joined this site and have recommended it to friends. But I am tired of the requests for constant proof of anything that I say. I am not going to provide all the resources for you. I am 58 and have been on my spiritual journey for many of those years. If you are interested in these subjects that are vast such as the Hopi traditions , culture, faith and ceremonies, there is plenty of info out there~~~~ for YOU to find. If you are interested in Atlantis, plenty of research available on that also~~~~for you to find. But don't denigerate my beliefs because YOU want proof. FAITH and BELIEFS have no basis in concrete evidence; can you not understand that?
Old 07-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Suspended
Quote:
on the other hand, it traps us by insinuating itself into every part of our lifes and traps us with the stickiness of living in a computer world.

I see the Internet in a much more positive light.

For me personally (having a physical disability that affects mobility), it has opened up an otherwise limited world. The physical act of 'going shopping' is a damn nuisance...but with the good old www it's a breeze!

I don't feel trapped or sticky.

Squatch
Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:

For me personally (having a physical disability that affects mobility), it has opened up an otherwise limited world. The physical act of 'going shopping' is a damn nuisance...but with the good old www it's a breeze!

Squatch

I wish we had a "like" button on here hehehe... I couldn't agree more!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Summerland

Quote:

Squatch

Squatch, I think that you misunderstood what I was saying. Anything has a good side and a downside. The internet allows us to meet and exchange ideas with people from all corners of the world. It makes everyone YOUR neighbor.It allows us to see what is going on in all corners of the world almost instantly. But it also allows hackers the opportunity to hack into our personal info and monetary business. If you have ever contributed to a political campaign , it is not only on the web, but a google map to your FRONT DOOR is provided. Personally, I love the internet and spend quite a bit of time on it.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Kramer

I find the recent bird and fish deaths alarming, but wonder whether it is due to natural shifts in the solar system. Around the time of all these deaths we experienced a few Astrological events such as a partial eclipse. This is all I can think of that directly effects the skies and the seas. There are many theories out there some make more sense than others. In the uk some migrating birds arrived earlier this year forcing other birds to leave sooner. There is a theory that the birds who were forced to leave sooner hadn't built up enough of a food store and twinned with the cold weather simply ran out of energy?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Squatch, I think that you misunderstood what I was saying. Anything has a good side and a downside.

Hiya Summerland

Good point.

You're right, I misunderstood. I thought you were on a real Internet downer so I bumbled along to balance it out.

Squatch