Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 30-04-2014, 08:36 AM
ssteward

Cat A little help with an interpretation plez

Hello

I'm pretty new to tarot, but I decided to do a reading for a friend. She just got married, but hasn't known the guy very long(less than a year). she has been feel a little indifferent about it so I read her card for past present and future. below is what I pulled:

9 of wands for past
5 of pents for present
Hermit for future

I told her that it didn't look good and possibly headed for a split. If anyone can give further help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 30-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Master

>.< I personally wouldn't have said that. a) because that's not what I see, b) because Tarot isn't exactly 'definitive' and there is ALWAYS free will/random chance etc, and c) because I believe Tarot is 50% intuition but 50% emotional support... I always try to couch my words in a way I'd prefer to hear them myself. This is especially true when giving 'tough' readings like this - remember the person you're reading for has feelings!!!

Cards that might represent a 'split' to me include 6 of Swords, The Tower, Death, 10 of Swords, 8 of Cups, 8 of Swords reversed... anything that shows physical distancing, emotional distancing, or serious transformation of sorts.

5 of Pentacles to me represents isolation - it says she's not feeling fulfilled by her current circumstances. The Hermit isn't a big 'physical card' in my mind - it's more representative of her mentally or emotionally withdrawing to seriously reflect on the relationship and consider what her needs are. It COULD be the precursor to the split, but at the same time, it might not. I've seen this card pop up in similar situations where partners go on mini-breaks, realise what's missing/what they need more of from the relationship (date nights, doing things together, doing things apart, whatever), and the relationship significantly improve after that. It's like quiet processing time.
Old 30-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Mrs Merrieweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssteward
Hello

I'm pretty new to tarot, but I decided to do a reading for a friend. She just got married, but hasn't known the guy very long(less than a year). she has been feel a little indifferent about it so I read her card for past present and future. below is what I pulled:

9 of wands for past
5 of pents for present
Hermit for future

I told her that it didn't look good and possibly headed for a split. If anyone can give further help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

9 of Wands: caution and suspicion, was on guard.
5 of pentacles: working together to find your way, tough going.
HERMIT: look withn for answers. Spending time alone, or seeking help of counseling.

There is some work to be done. Marriage is more than the wedding, it is commitment to the vows that were made, making a life together. It is the life you make of it. Hemit asks, why did you get married?
Old 30-04-2014, 01:45 PM
ssteward

Thank you for all your help. There are other circumstances surrounding her situation. For one the house they live in is in the name of his ex-girlfriend and him. The woman is not getting involved, but she does want the house refinanced out of her name. My friend is overly threatened by her and will not let the situation alone to let her husband handle it. I feel that she moved to fast to marry and that the stress she is causing herself will ultimately cause her to run from the marriage because the other situation was not properly resolved. This is why I thought there was a split coming when I drew thoses cards.
Old 30-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Tsuga

I can see what you mean by drawing the Hermit in the future position.
I think that if you are reading cards for others then this requires a certain amount of responsibility. You should always try to balance the dark with the light.

In other words, the Hermit may not necessarily mean a failed marriage.

Perhaps the 5 of Pentacles is a warning that the worship of money can undermine any marriage.
The number 5 symbolizes the five pointed star of man, and the five fingers of the hand.

Wands are the tools of the Magician, and the 9 of Wands is also in the domain of the (IX) Hermit. Something magical is happening there.
The number 9 symbolizes eternity, immortality, and indestructibility.

I see lots of positiveness!

t.
Old 30-04-2014, 04:52 PM
ssteward

thank you. I will keep that in mind when I'm reading for her. I really appreciate everyone's in put. this helps a lot. if anyone else has anything to add. plez feel free to do so.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:24 AM
Experiencer
I'm with the others on this, especially Tealily. Tarot readings are useful/helpful when they help to make sense of a situation... they're not best used to predict specific outcomes like that. Telling her you see a split, whether it is to happen or not, is not helpful at all and can lead to self-fulling prophecies (for instance, maybe that's not what the cards meant... but the person now thinking a split is coming starts to question everything, which may cause trouble in the relationship and lead to a split... or the person may decide to split since she now doesn't see a point in staying any longer in a relationship that is "bound to fail"... according to the reading).

I've been on the receiving end of this type of reading and it was very hurtful and caused a lot of damaged to my relationship with my now ex-boyfriend. Things had been a bit hard in the very begining because of insecurities of mine, mostly, but were actually getting much much better and we were starting to have great fun together and getting even closer... until I was told by a girl who did a reading for me (I didn't know she wasn't very experienced... but I should've known as she kept basing herself on the booklet that came with the deck) that I was having false hopes about us two (based on the Fool card!! wish I had know more about tarot then) and other very negative things... it crushed me and things went south pretty quickly following that. I couldn't stop thinking about the things she said, was feeling very worried, which caused damage to our relationship (which was still fairly recent). We broke up shortly after. I still wonder if we might still be together, had it not been for that. Now that I understand the tarot much more, I look back and remember how horrible the reading was, and how she misinterpreted many cards.

Again, tarots are useful when the person who is being read is given insight into their own feelings and emotions so they can make more sense of a situation, and when they can give guidance/insights on what types of issues (emotional or physical) there are, and guidance on how to work through the issues at hand.

Best of luck to your friend and with your tarot studies/practice :)
Old 02-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
I'm with the others on this, especially Tealily. Tarot readings are useful/helpful when they help to make sense of a situation... they're not best used to predict specific outcomes like that. Telling her you see a split, whether it is to happen or not, is not helpful at all and can lead to self-fulling prophecies (for instance, maybe that's not what the cards meant... but the person now thinking a split is coming starts to question everything, which may cause trouble in the relationship and lead to a split... or the person may decide to split since she now doesn't see a point in staying any longer in a relationship that is "bound to fail"... according to the reading).

I've been on the receiving end of this type of reading and it was very hurtful and caused a lot of damaged to my relationship with my now ex-boyfriend. Things had been a bit hard in the very begining because of insecurities of mine, mostly, but were actually getting much much better and we were starting to have great fun together and getting even closer... until I was told by a girl who did a reading for me (I didn't know she wasn't very experienced... but I should've known as she kept basing herself on the booklet that came with the deck) that I was having false hopes about us two (based on the Fool card!! wish I had know more about tarot then) and other very negative things... it crushed me and things went south pretty quickly following that. I couldn't stop thinking about the things she said, was feeling very worried, which caused damage to our relationship (which was still fairly recent). We broke up shortly after. I still wonder if we might still be together, had it not been for that. Now that I understand the tarot much more, I look back and remember how horrible the reading was, and how she misinterpreted many cards.

Again, tarots are useful when the person who is being read is given insight into their own feelings and emotions so they can make more sense of a situation, and when they can give guidance/insights on what types of issues (emotional or physical) there are, and guidance on how to work through the issues at hand.

Best of luck to your friend and with your tarot studies/practice :)

Ugh, I'm sorry you went through that. The Fool is such a wonderful card. It's all about new experiences and taking a leap of faith. She was obviously inexperienced. I'll tell you, I had a reading yesterday with the psychic I always see, and it was a jumbled mess. It wasn't his fault. I think my head is a jumbled mess right now lol I need to search for guidance from within.

I was looking for guidance, and I left more confused than when I came in. I gotta take a step back and let things happen as they happen and take a break from readings. My head was spinning when I left. He didn't predict anything bad. It was just that he gave me too much to think about and the reading was all over the place. I definitely understand how you can let a tarot reading affect you or plant worries in your head. It's best to walk away from the tarot reading and not even think about it. You have to be like the Fool and just jump on the cliff and trust that the Universe will catch you
Old 03-05-2014, 04:02 PM
ssteward

Thanks for all your help everyone.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
Ugh, I'm sorry you went through that. The Fool is such a wonderful card. It's all about new experiences and taking a leap of faith. She was obviously inexperienced. I'll tell you, I had a reading yesterday with the psychic I always see, and it was a jumbled mess. It wasn't his fault. I think my head is a jumbled mess right now lol I need to search for guidance from within.

I was looking for guidance, and I left more confused than when I came in. I gotta take a step back and let things happen as they happen and take a break from readings. My head was spinning when I left. He didn't predict anything bad. It was just that he gave me too much to think about and the reading was all over the place. I definitely understand how you can let a tarot reading affect you or plant worries in your head. It's best to walk away from the tarot reading and not even think about it. You have to be like the Fool and just jump on the cliff and trust that the Universe will catch you

Thanks :) Yes, I had a big lesson to learn here, but I am still very much annoyed by her reading and by what ensued. I acknowledge I am partly at fault, for having let it bothered me so much, but I'm trying not to dwell on it too much, and hope the universe will bring me what I need in terms of romance, when the timing is right... right? hahah.

I'm sorry you were also left confused after a reading! I guess it just goes to say even the best readers sometimes have "bad" days. Hope you manage to make some sense of it or forget about that "off" reading