Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Rumar

Top Sources?

Anyone have a specified NA newspaper or online website you prefer to check out when it concerns Native American updates?
I have a magazine subscription I like to follow is Native People

Here's a couple of good sites as well, feel free to share some of your own as well

http://www.nativetimes.com/
http://buffalopost.net/
http://www.manataka.org/

Last edited by Rumar : 07-10-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:31 PM
eraser

Thanks for those links, Rumar.
Old 25-11-2010, 06:49 PM
JanG

Rumar, thank you for the links, if anyone has anymore it would be great I am trying to learn about native american spirituality.
Old 25-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Here are a few more links for you, this should help you learn more about NDN's in general and alot of the issues and realities of our daily lives. You wont find much regarding our Traditional Spirituality other than what is clased as common knowledge as this is something we tend keep to ourselves, and can't be learnt from just reading on the internet. The links should make interesting reading all the same.

reznetnews.org

indiancountrytoday.com/

thecirclenews.org/

Last edited by Makoiyi : 25-12-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: made a typo
Old 25-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Administrator
Hey Rummer,

the sites are very good, i go onto a native american site and speak to native people on a daily basis, its surprising jusy how many non indian ppl go on there still expecting them to live in tipis,

Namaste
Old 03-01-2011, 04:33 AM
Ciqala

one of my favourite sites, and magazines is Redwire, it's canadian first nations, not american based, it is a place for inspiring youth, many aboriginal artists such as Warparty, and aztec band, Aztlan Underground, first submitted their music to Redwire before their music hit the american charts. many amazing artists, poets, and inspiring news updates. Some very raw creations, that deal with the effects of genocide, and what we still face today, it can sometimes be disturbing.
The redwire magazine is the most awesome native magazine ever invented, and their cd's, even better.
And I agree, you won't find much about spiritual traditions written, as our traditions are passed down orally. Site has sort of changed since i last visited it, but SWEET you can still listen to the cd's that were created, i advise to listen to the music, and poems under media, they are amazing. My all time fave song, is My Blood Is Red From Aztlan Underground, do check it out, be warned, it is raw, real, and disturbing!

http://www.redwiremag.com/
Old 03-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Master
Hey thanks for those links.
Spiritlite.