Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 20-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Lapis

Phoenix,

What a wonderful post, I learned so much about all of the different terms and stages with our animal guides from you! Thanks so much for that great info. I figured that we must have lifelong ones and also that others came and went over the decades and it was so great hearing this from you. I'd really enjoy hearing some more of your knowledge and experiences with this.

I remember being in elementary school (about 9 years old) and running across the grass during 'recess' and literally turning into a big cat as I ran. I wondered if anyone saw me do this??? Physically I've had many wonderful encounters with hawk and have talked with them as they circled overhead talking back to me. How I adore hawk.......
Old 20-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Phoenix

:) Yeah, I talk to them too, Lapis! I live across from a huge regional park, where I like to take early morning walks. Just a few weeks ago I had a really powerful experience with a Coopers Hawk (they're huge, white, with black stripping). Just 'because", I decided to leave the regular trail and head off into some trees. Suddenly I hear this swooshing sound, and this huge Coopers flew right over my head - slowly - and drifted across the lake. About a half an hour later, after pretty much mentally moving on, I felt compelled to turn up and right off the beaten path again (this is something I haven't done in almost 2 years of walking there!). I stopped, and there He was, right above my head! I stood so still as he drifted down towards me, circling above my head once, twice, and then went glidding away.

I KNEW (with that non-mental sort of knowledge) that I had just received a message. There was no aggression in his energy...just very gentle movements towards me. When I got home I checked my resources for the message and let me tell you - it was so amazingly accurate! Just a few days later I would have a situation come out of nowhere but that I had been sort of forwarned about by Hawk. It made it all very peaceable to me...easier to accept...easier to move towards, because I knew it was from Spirit.

The animals talk back, for sure! Sometimes it in their physical presence, other times its sort of a psychic being-to-being conversation I hear in my head. About a year before my divorce, a very wise bright red dragon-fly came to me while I was sitting outside in meditation. Her words to me about my forthcoming tranformation were comforting and supportive, and gave me the courage I needed to move beyond the muddy existance of my physical life into a new one - where I could fly freely (she was quite chatty! lol ;-)..)

If you would like some good resources on Animal medicine, please let me know. There are several good sites out there that have a ton of info.
Old 21-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Lapis

Phoenix,

Yes please!!! I know very little about this subject, only what I've experienced myself and felt etc. When I started this thread it was only because that Unseen voice was yelling in my head to do so, so I sure could use some help and guidance with this. So yes please do add some links here to other really good, accurate, sites and thanks very much for this.

I'd forgotten about a period a few years ago with a red and blue dragonfly until you mentioned yours. I don't even know what Dragonfly represents but I'll look for it in your links.
Old 21-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Vajra

Talking

I am more than happy to share my totems with everyone!
they are as follows :
East- Rabbit
(white with black nose and black tip on right ear)
South- Ant (common black)
West-Hawk (red shouldered)
North-Grouse (ruffed)
Above-Owl (barn owl)
Left-Raven
Below-Elk
Right-Buffalo
Within-Eagle (bald)
Namaste!
Old 21-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Phoenix

Here are a few of the links that I use for Animal Medicine interpretation. I like to review several sources, then intuitively glean the message that I am receiving!

http://www.manataka.org/page291.html

http://www.sayahda.com/cycle.htm

http://www.spiritualnetwork.net/totems/

http://wolfs_moon.tripod.com/totemspage.html

Old 22-12-2006, 05:35 AM
nikei

Smile

Phoenix, I will go to the sites you have listed as soon as I thank you! My black bear Boku has been with me for years, and has been with me through a lot. We have advanced together, and I am able to hear him. feel his warm fur, and the gentle rise and fall of his chest when he breathes. On a journey I went on the other day, I had a host of "guests" reveal to me. A white eagle who called himself Cavendish. He is closely associated with Scoto-Indian realatives of mine. I hope he comes back! Also a chameleon who remains nameless, a cricket, doe, and a dragon known to me from childhood. What a privilege to have the guidance of these!
Old 27-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Shadrach

Thank you for posting those links! I've only begun my spiritual journey and have discovered that it lies within nature and animals. I have already read Animal Speak by Ted Andrews and my wife bought me animal tarot cards for Xmas (can't wait to read and use these). I've been scouring the web for more information on the subject and to find people who believe what I do. Glad that I came across this site!

My power animal is a tiger as this has been an animal I have been fascinated with since high school. The more work I do with this the more "powerful" I feel. Last week I had an immense urge to start all of these new projects and then came to notice that it was a new moon: one of the power cycles of the tiger!

I have also determined that a hawk is another totem for me since I have begun to see them everywhere I go. And I have read that once they show up in your life, they are there permanently since they live in a place permanently as well. Not only this, but a hawk flew into a tree at my parents' house last week and stayed for a short while. The meaning I'm still trying to figure out.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Suspended

the peopole of turtle island (america ) had what we call animals as guides like we have people for guides . each one had its own gift or power as it often called .
the wolf was a teacher of showing us how to live in a family group with one overall leader and aslo had a healing power .wolf was also a pathfinder knew the best shortcuts
the eagle was seen as a very spiritual bird as it flew higher than any other bird . carried thoughts and prayers to the great spirit .
and again had a very powerful healing energy
just a very brief account of the animal people you spoke of . and yes like us they came from another planet . they were all sent here to teach us the ways to live , and not to be eaten
love and light to you all
whitewing
Old 25-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi Lapis ~
This is a very interesting topic, thank you for starting this thread and for the links you posted.

Hi Kundalini ~
Thank you for the explanations of the Animal Totem and the Power Animal, nice to know this.

Hi Phoenix ~
Interesting story about your encounter with the Coopers Hawk - thanks for sharing this with us. And thank you for the extra links too.

So many new things to learn about

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 25-04-2007, 08:56 PM
janspirit

Dolphin/Porpoise's Wisdom Includes:
  • Knowledge of the sea
  • Patron of sailors
  • Change
  • Wisdom
  • Balance
  • Harmony
  • Communication skills
  • Freedom
  • Trust
  • Understanding the power of rhythm in your life
  • Use of breath to release intense emotions
  • Water element magick
Hi,

well, I have different animals around me at different times in my life..

since last October when a huge traumatic experience changed my life, i have been seeing DOLPHINS psychically around me... I feel an urge to go swim with them.. it is a strong pull. I also am considering having a dolphin tattoo .. I have no other tattoos.. and I just love them unconditionally and I feel this great love from them too around me. In fact they were around me before the trauma for a few weeks I kept seeing them in my third eye ok.

then at Christmas a friend gave me a pearl from Florida with 3 dolphins circling it and I wear it all the time.

another friend felt drawn to send me a dolphin on a silver ball which I now wear everyday.

So I guess Dolphin is my totem animal right now. And beautiful is dolphin...

Love n Light

Janspirit xoxox

PS One other note, I was born with the veil over my face, and the midwife called it a caul, apparently sailors used to buy these and treasure them becos it means
u will never drown. this was tested out when I was about 7, and someone chucked me in a swimming pool. I could not swim at the time. It was about 5 foot
deep and I WALKED with my eyes OPEN to 3 foot area...
Closed Thread