Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Lapis

Bunny Animal Totems

Did you know that the majority, if not all, of the Native American Indians (from Canada-North America-Central and South America and others) all believe that their Ancestors came from different Star systems? Star systems like the Pleiades, Sirius, Orion and many many others. They also believed, like many other ancient cultures such as the Egyptians, Mayans etc., that animals also came from higher dimensional Star systems.

Here's a couple links about the meanings of our Animal Totems or nonphysical animal guides and helpers. If you don't consciously know what your power animal is (and you could have more than one), then what animal/animals have you always been deeply attracted to? The ones that hold a special beauty, mystery, power or specialness to just you. Most likely that is one of your personal Animal Totems or animal guides/helpers.

www.manataka.org/page291.html

www.geocities.com/rainforest/4076/index1.html

I've had a very large Jaguar on my left side for many years. What are some of your Animal Totems?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:48 AM
cweiters

Much appriciation Lapis this is right on time for me. My reading revealed an eagle totem many animals are attracted to me in the physical, I have even seen them in the spiritual birds especially, for this reason I feed them on a regular basis.

I haven't read all the info in the links you posted, just want you to know I have much appreciation for this information.

This is why I call all of you my family, as all is connected in life, so are we here at SF.

Love
cw.

Last edited by cweiters : 10-12-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Lapis

cweiters,

There's been a lot of information or 'Light' that's been blasting us all over this past week it seems to me. This about the NA and the animal totems is only one aspect of a much larger complex picture. I'll be brave and try to post about some of these other aspects that I've been sensing is time to mention and see what happens - on a new thread elsewhere.

I'd mentioned to Jaycee about a book Return of The Bird Tribes 1988 by Ken Carey and how it talked about the 'bird tribes' having been stellar beings that came to earth long ago and we know some of them today as the goddess cultures around the planet. Not just the Native American Indians but many others as well.

All of these synchronicities, your reading and discovering your Eagle (bird) totem, and much more....is all pointing in the same direction. It's getting interesting and fun now! I can't wait to see what's around the corner. I love the birds too....all the way back to ancient Egypt's Horus.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:48 AM
Master
Dog

Quote:
Dog's Wisdom Includes:

Heals emotional wounds in humans
Understanding of the duality of doubt and faith
Companionship
Unquestioned loyalty
Love
Knowledge of all things sensual
Protection
Ability to smell trouble from a distance

Thanks for the links...I've been to the one..but not the other.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 10-12-2006, 03:46 AM
kundalini

I have not looked at the links yet but I can tell you that after working on my heart chakra for 40-50 minutes the other day, using a Rose Quartz crystal, I began to have many visions as I was drifting off to sleep. At one point, I opened my eyes to see a purple coloured elephant about six inches in height and width walking across my vision. It was walking on thin air. I believe that my elephant is my power animal at this time. I do not know what my animal totem is.

Just in case someone does not already know this, it is said that your Animal Totem is the animal that is always guiding you throughout your life whereas your Power Animal is the animal that is with you only temporarily to help you through a particular situation. Your power animals can supposedly change quite often.

Lapis, thank you for bringing up this subject.

EDIT: I've just checked out that first link you gave Lapis and it made for very interesting reading. It is possible that this is guidance for me to follow for which I am most grateful, thank you. I've also just checked out the second link and this has provided me with more information. Thank you very much Lapis, I highly appreciate this!

Kundalini.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:16 AM
~Jay~

Aah, thanks K, I always wondered which one was which regarding totem/power animals. I have had a beautiful black panther by my side often, since I really got into meditation in a big way. Another friend of mine has also confirmed he is there with me. And as I have mentioned on a couple of different threads here, I now have a wolf who would like to guide me.

Now I'm going to be brave and tell some more of what happened at my psychic development circle on Friday night. The leader was telling us how one of the men suddenly turned into this large bird-headed being, with a large beak forming over his nose! He had huge wings which apparently spread from one side of the room to the other!

She also psychically saw a space-ship above the group, with an individual spot-light beaming down on each of us there. She felt it was highly positive, like a blessing, and possibly a form of protection for the group.

There was also very much a Native tribal theme to the night, with several of us seeing different things of that nature. It really was fascinating.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:35 PM
kundalini

Hi Jaycee, that sounds like a fascinating experience. I know that bird-headed people were associated with Egypt. I believe it was Horus? who was a bird-headed god that the Egyptian's worshipped...

Also, you say you have a Black Panther, Jaycee? I just wanted to suggest to you that this animal could be helping you to release your dark/shadow side for I too believe I once had a Black Panther. After looking for information, I discovered that the Black Panther was associated with such qualities.

EDIT: Having said that, I've just looked at a site which says the Black Panther has a quality that allows the person it is guiding to 'know the dark'. That might be a more appropriate description.

Kundalini.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Lapis

Those unseen higher energy nudges have been huge since Dec. 1st and I'm trying real hard to just keep up with most of them. This thread was one of them that hit me in the 3rd Eye yesterday and screamed start a thread about the NA and the Animals now....! Ooohh OK?

I'm glad you added about the Bird Headed human male with huge wings Jaycee, as this ties in with so much of what I've been sensing is wanting to get discussed now here at SF. Kundalini mentioned them, the Bird Beings from ancient Egypt. A purple elephant K? Wow....I haven't a clue what Elephant teaches but I sense its very very good. And purple....well thats real nice too. Royal heart stuff coming through for you it sounds like. I'm very glad that I paid attention to the nudge to start this particual thread Kundalini. Timing and connections all over this place.

The Goddess has returned......and we're like kids in a candy store.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Enlightener

Sharp Hommus Lament

I don't truly know what my animal guide is, though Daisy said that my guide may be a wolf, which is cool. But I know what animal I represent and have a deep connection with; the chameleon.

I am a chameleon; I can take on others personalities quite easily even to the point where my mental structure is totally different to my own. Sometimes I can "camouflage" myself so well that I can change my belief systems. I don't do this much nowadays as I have incredible grounding compared to what I used to. Though I was doing it everyday when I was coming up with my psychosis. I was being everyone who I admired, my heroes; Paul McCartney, Peter Jackson, David Deangelo, Tristan Grotvedt and various others.
I can still change my persona at will especially if I'm using a mind altering substance, though at the moment I am slowly creating and refining my ideal identity. Which consists of my inner core and many other aspects of the people I have met on my journey.

I am the wise chameleon!

I actually made my own "animal" totem, it's about 5ft tall. The bottom stone being the sun, the second stone a bat, the third stone; a circular donut shaped object, the fourth stone is a moon with a face and the top stone is a reptilian/vampire type face.

Enlightener

Last edited by Enlightener : 11-12-2006 at 03:14 AM.
Old 18-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Phoenix

I took a huge interest in animal medicine several years ago after having some very odd and touching experiences with some creatures. I've learned that some animals have been with me since I was a small child, and other helpers come and go in my life contingent on the timing and message that they have for me.

For example, I was born under Red Hawk medicine and my personal totems are Crow and Hummingbird. However, during special times in my life, I have received messages from Dragonfly and Wolf (that was an interesting morning...walking in the local mountains and coming face to face with Wolf :)...)

The clue is to look for trends....first, lifelong ones. Have you been attracted to a specific animal since you were a kid? Did you start a collection of a certain species? THAT would indicate a major life Totem.

Or Do you find yourself running into the same creature over and over again during a particularly stressful time? Check out the message of that animal - it probably relates very much to what you're going through. (These sorts of Animal Totems come and go as needed, as opposed to a Birth Totem which is a lifelong companion. Some are Power Totems.).

I should probably state now that I'm speaking primarily of physical meetings/ interactions with our Totems, as opposed to meetings in 'dreams' or 'visions' or whatever. I don't have nearly as much experience with that as I do with actual physical encounters. I'm sure there is a place for that but my experiences have all been physical connections. I should note that during a couple of Reiki sessions, the practioner told me of a couple of animal Spirits around me that were assisting me. I found her information to be helpful :)

Last edited by Phoenix : 18-12-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Closed Thread