Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 12-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Reiki 1 and 2 as a pre-requisite to a healing course

Hi everyone,
I hope that you are well.

I am starting a course next year - the students have supposed to have completed Reiki 1 or 2 with an option for Pranic healing if the student prefers.

I have always had this strong intuitive feeling that I am not 'designed' to be a Reiki healer. I have asked God source higher self about this and still had a very strong feeling that it is not my 'thing'.

I am also very 'cold', my energy feels cold or yin.

I have heard before that mostly anyone can be attuned to Reiki but I have never felt like one of theses people.

I have done a bit of inner searching to see if there is something blocking my self - belief in my abilities to use this modality. I sense a very slight feeling of cynicism. . . I suppose the logical part of my mind thinks it is not scientific enough.
I have used Homeopathy as well (on myself) and noticed no changes. . . I was quite cynical about the theory of Homeopathy too. My sister has used Homeopathy on numerous occasions and noticed quite a dramatic difference in her life and wellbeing at the time. The main difference between us is that I seem to be more cynical (lol).
Is cynicism enough to block one's ability or am am I right when I intuitively feel that Reiki is not my thing?

Thanks for the chat!
Old 13-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Can anyone do reiki as I have heard it said before that anyone has the potential?
Old 13-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Can anyone do reiki as I have heard it said before that anyone has the potential?
Everyone may have potential but such potential differs greatly from person to person and even from time to time in the same person.

You seem to limited affinity to Reiki. I suspect that the main reason for Reiki as a precondition to the course is that it saves the course presenter to explain the fundamentals of healing.

It would be helpful to know exactly what training course you intend to enroll in.
Old 18-07-2017, 06:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Anyone can do Reiki because it is essentially a self-healing tool and everybody has a self-capacity.

What is rarely mentioned is that the 'healing others' aspect is by far not the most important thing in Reiki although it is unquestionably the most prominent. This is actually a disservice to people interested in it.
It is the healing of ourselves that is at the core of Reiki.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Knower
Hi emeraldheart,

Some people are born with psychic abilities while other people do not have these special abilities. For those who do not have these special abilities yet can unlock them with Reiki healing energies. Once you have received Reiki attunement, you can practice self healing and healing others. The more you practice Reiki healing energies the faster these special abilities can be unlock.

Best,
Tam
Old 13-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Thank you so much for your replies, they are very helpful!

Hi markings, I am looking at a mainstream counselling diploma or degree and also an extra course in holistic counselling.
I am shopping around for the best matched courses and will commit early next year.
I would like to be able to bring in holistic and spiritual elements for those clients where their particular spirituality is important for them.
Having come through the other side of a spiritual emergence, healing crises trauma myself I would love to gain a better understanding of the dynamics to help others if they need it).

One course which I was drawn to had a reiki or pranic healing pre- requisite. I have not yet committed to anything as I am still shopping around.

Thank you for your response Buddharays, I will keep it in mind if I do decide to continue down this current path.
I recall my Mum doing some Reiki on me when I was younger after she received an attainment. It felt like a very subtle warmth.

J.
Old 14-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Guide

Quote:
Thank you so much for your replies, they are very helpful!

Hi markings, I am looking at a mainstream counselling diploma or degree and also an extra course in holistic counselling.
I am shopping around for the best matched courses and will commit early next year.
I would like to be able to bring in holistic and spiritual elements for those clients where their particular spirituality is important for them.
Having come through the other side of a spiritual emergence, healing crises trauma myself I would love to gain a better understanding of the dynamics to help others if they need it).

One course which I was drawn to had a reiki or pranic healing pre- requisite. I have not yet committed to anything as I am still shopping around.
I would be surprised if a mainstream counselling course would ask for an alternative healing practice certificate or diploma as a pre-requisite.
If that is a pre-condition asked for then it the method is unlikely to fall into mainstream.
Having said that there are directions in the mainstream which point into the same direction as alternative therapies.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
I would be surprised if a mainstream counselling course would ask for an alternative healing practice certificate or diploma as a pre-requisite.
If that is a pre-condition asked for then it the method is unlikely to fall into mainstream.
Having said that there are directions in the mainstream which point into the same direction as alternative therapies.

Hi,

To clarify, I am looking into studying two courses simultaneously - one mainstream and one which is holistic counselling
Old 16-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Guide

Quote:
Hi,

To clarify, I am looking into studying two courses simultaneously - one mainstream and one which is holistic counselling
One issue I have with most counselling courses, and I am a counsellor myself, is that there is too much talking in the 'talking therapies'
I hope that at least one of the courses you consider includes some body work by the client to do for himself, i.e. not body work done by the therapist.
Old 16-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Pathfinder

I believe your feeling could be right.

I'm not sure, don't want to give bad advice, but I believe you might not jive with Reiki- that well.

It's all possible.

Despite the fact that Reiki is universal energy, everyone has it already, attunements just help you use it more/better, etc

Perhaps the modality doesn't do well with you.

Test your feelings, find out. You could try getting attuned unless you have a strong intuitive feeling against it?