Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Master

God can help only if you help yourself

This is the "revelation" that came to me while I was meditating, God can help you only if you help yourself, this is how God is actually helping you, of course, there are some rare moments when miraculous things happen, but this is very very rare and I believe that even these amazing things are also happening to you with the help of God because you allow God, even if you are not conscious of this, to help you.

So I believe that when you help yourself, that's when God is actually helping you because you are allowing God to help you, like Jesus said, God already knows what you need so giving thanks and acting according to your needs is the only way to actually help yourself and the only way to let God actually help you.

Does this make sense?

Matthew 6:7-8 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
This is the "revelation" that came to me while I was meditating, God can help you only if you help yourself, this is how God is actually helping you, of course, there are some rare moments when miraculous things happen, but this is very very rare and I believe that even these amazing things are also happening to you with the help of God because you allow God, even if you are not conscious of this, to help you.

So I believe that when you help yourself, that's when God is actually helping you because you are allowing God to help you, like Jesus said, God already knows what you need so giving thanks and acting according to your needs is the only way to actually help yourself and the only way to let God actually help you.

Does this make sense?

Matthew 6:7-8 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

If you believe that God helps those who help themselves this makes God's help conditional.
What happens to those who can't /don't help themselves?

If God already knows ' Our needs ' then the starving of the World would be fed as God knows Humans need sustenance to survive.... They wouldn't need to help themselves.

If you look at this Quote as being of the World then to me personally it makes little sense, but if you look at it Spiritually then it works....
Old 06-02-2020, 07:22 AM
Master
Earth is very 'right wing' in the sense that there is very little social security or the love of others. Reality does not offer to help us and even smites us in our moments of weakness.

That is why I think it is far removed from God. We are fallen.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Earth is very 'right wing' in the sense that there is very little social security or the love of others. Reality does not offer to help us and even smites us in our moments of weakness.

That is why I think it is far removed from God. We are fallen.

Guard your thoughts carefully, they become your reality
Old 06-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Knower

God helps those who help themselves is not biblical. If anyone can already help themselves, why would they need God?

The bible teaches the exact opposite.

Psalm 116:6.

Romans 3:10-12, 5:6,8.

God helps those who can’t help themselves. And who does the Bible consider helpless? Everyone! “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”

Ephesians 2:8,9.

Proverbs 28:26.

Isaiah 25:4, 64:6.

The bible clearly illustrates from beginning to end the hopelessness of man and why they need a God greater than themselves.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Determined
God helps those who help themselves is not biblical. If anyone can already help themselves, why would they need God?

The bible teaches the exact opposite.

Psalm 116:6.

Romans 3:10-12, 5:6,8.

God helps those who can’t help themselves. And who does the Bible consider helpless? Everyone! “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”

Ephesians 2:8,9.

Proverbs 28:26.

Isaiah 25:4, 64:6.

The bible clearly illustrates from beginning to end the hopelessness of man and why they need a God greater than themselves.

You forgot the rest of my message: God helps those who help themselves because when you yourself start helping yourself, that's when God is actually helping yourself.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you believe that God helps those who help themselves this makes God's help conditional.
What happens to those who can't /don't help themselves?

If God already knows ' Our needs ' then the starving of the World would be fed as God knows Humans need sustenance to survive.... They wouldn't need to help themselves.

If you look at this Quote as being of the World then to me personally it makes little sense, but if you look at it Spiritually then it works....

Of course it's from a spiritual perspective, I believe that this reality is more like an echo of the unseen, of the spiritual.

Famine exists in the world because people don't want to end it, the selfishness of man keeps the famine part of our world, if people would change and care more for their neighbour, they would act accordingly to this and God would be able to end famine through people in an instant.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Of course it's from a spiritual perspective, I believe that this reality is more like an echo of the unseen, of the spiritual.

Famine exists in the world because people don't want to end it, the selfishness of man keeps the famine part of our world, if people would change and care more for their neighbour, they would act accordingly to this and God would be able to end famine through people in an instant.

Famine exists for various reasons and is not always the fault of others. So then we have God helps those who help themselves, the Farmers who try 7 days a week to help themselves and remain starving, so why isn't God helping them?

It's not so simple, and the only way I can understand it is to look at ' Cause and effect ' which makes sense in worldly and spiritual matters. for me personally.....

If God knows what people need as you stated then why so much Hunger etc, and why set a condition that you have to help yourself to receive Gods help.....
Old 06-02-2020, 10:50 AM
Knower

Quote:
You forgot the rest of my message: God helps those who help themselves because when you yourself start helping yourself, that's when God is actually helping yourself.

So basically your saying; If you are in need of a job, ask God to help you find a job, don't then expect God to do everything Himself! It's our priority to be actively looking for work. While it is in His power to do so, it is highly unlikely that God will cause employers to come looking for you!

Wouldn't that come down to our responsibility for our own choices to help ourselves, God shouldn't be held accountable for the choices we ourselves make if He's not directing our paths, whether our intentions are good or bad.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Master
Another way to look at it is that God has to help Himself because if He does not then who is to help Him? We need to remember that in many ways we are our own God and therefore it is up to us to look after ourselves.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.