Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I've already said that I agree with everything you posted David, and that remains, yet there are still things that don't sit right with me. My own feelings are that there's something vital missing and I tend to run with my feelings rather than answers.
I 'got' your 'statement' of agreement. Just shared my 'sense' that there was a 'perverse' kind of 'avoidance' implicit in the 'feelings' you shared. That's just an "outsider's" perception, however. Hopefully my stating that will serve to 'prod' you into identifying the "something vital" you reference.
Old 19-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Personally I think there's too much talk of perfection and how we're not it and a long way from enough of making the world a better place in more practical terms. But, each to his/her own.
Quoted from what I just received via one of my email subscriptions: "‘Perfection’ (‘telos’ in Greek, from which we get teleology) is not about a stainless-steel sinlessness but is the commitment to the purpose for which you incarnated, no matter how many times you miss the bull’s eye."

For the whole article, see:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/compani...tion-feedback/
Old 19-07-2018, 11:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Emm, I'm liking how you put things.
Thank you
Old 20-07-2018, 05:57 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I 'got' your 'statement' of agreement. Just shared my 'sense' that there was a 'perverse' kind of 'avoidance' implicit in the 'feelings' you shared. That's just an "outsider's" perception, however. Hopefully my stating that will serve to 'prod' you into identifying the "something vital" you reference.
No avoidance David, far from it. I 'found' the "something vital", my Guide referenced me to the movie "Millennium" and it all snapped straight into place. It was more of a 'component' that I was missing, not a belief nor an answer.

Interestingly enough I was watching an Alan Watts YouTube yesterday, in which he said that if you are Spiritual you are god playing at being not-god. Spiritual people try so hard to understand and emulate Spirit but Spirit doesn't do Spirituality. Isn't that bonkers?
Quote:
Quoted from what I just received via one of my email subscriptions: "‘Perfection’ (‘telos’ in Greek, from which we get teleology) is not about a stainless-steel sinlessness but is the commitment to the purpose for which you incarnated, no matter how many times you miss the bull’s eye."

For the whole article, see:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/compani...tion-feedback/

“The temple of the most high begins with the body which houses our life, the essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans, which was suppose to help people grow spiritually. Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High of Creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe, and each other…”

What you've been posting here and in previous posts has been very much reinforcing what I've believed in very strongly for many years. It's the closest thing to the truth that I hold as any kind of truth. And yes, it is the commitment to the purpose for which you incarnated but it's understanding the purpose you incarnated at a deeper level. We are not all here to be Spiritual, or rather we are not here to be the mainstream definition of Spiritual which, as far as I'm concerned, is religious and not Spiritual at all. But then, each to their own.

Many years ago a wise man said to me "Take what resonates with you as your won Truth, forget the rest because it is not yours." That is what I've always done. Nikolai Tesla said that "I have not failed a thousand times, I have learned of a thousand ways it can't be done." I have all of eternity to get it right. What a lot of people can't get their heads around is that we learn far more from making mistakes than getting it right, and success and failure are imposters.

It is the imperfections that make perfection perfect.
Old 20-07-2018, 06:10 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
When the mind is dominant you can't FEEL who you are being now if that makes sense...what I do is try to live what I FEEL, put my attention, my focus in what I'm feeling and that little bit of excitement that I follow is my motivation. When my attention is there I can move forward...when my mind is in the past I feel stagnant.
You can literally retrain your brain. As we travel through what science calls space/time we spiral through the galaxy. It's well known that the earth spins on its own axis and we orbit the sun, what's not so well known is that the sun itself is not static. The sun shoots across the galaxy in it's own orbit, and that creates a mind-boggling spiral across the expanse of space.

It's been said that we walk in a similar spiral and we don't go back to 'square one', what we do is review square one from the perspective of being higher up the understanding spiral in order to gain different insights or truths. Sometimes the mind is happier with itself when it feels useful. Coming to new understandings of the past can be a healer too.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
No avoidance David, far from it. I 'found' the "something vital", my Guide referenced me to the movie "Millennium" and it all snapped straight into place. It was more of a 'component' that I was missing, not a belief nor an answer.

Interestingly enough I was watching an Alan Watts YouTube yesterday, in which he said that if you are Spiritual you are god playing at being not-god. Spiritual people try so hard to understand and emulate Spirit but Spirit doesn't do Spirituality. Isn't that bonkers?

“The temple of the most high begins with the body which houses our life, the essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans, which was suppose to help people grow spiritually. Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High of Creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe, and each other…”

What you've been posting here and in previous posts has been very much reinforcing what I've believed in very strongly for many years. It's the closest thing to the truth that I hold as any kind of truth. And yes, it is the commitment to the purpose for which you incarnated but it's understanding the purpose you incarnated at a deeper level. We are not all here to be Spiritual, or rather we are not here to be the mainstream definition of Spiritual which, as far as I'm concerned, is religious and not Spiritual at all. But then, each to their own.

Many years ago a wise man said to me "Take what resonates with you as your won Truth, forget the rest because it is not yours." That is what I've always done. Nikolai Tesla said that "I have not failed a thousand times, I have learned of a thousand ways it can't be done." I have all of eternity to get it right. What a lot of people can't get their heads around is that we learn far more from making mistakes than getting it right, and success and failure are imposters.

It is the imperfections that make perfection perfect.
Yes, Man ... or is it 'God'? Oh, I think I'll just think of you as a 'God-Man' (a/k/a Ptah-Hotep!) LOL
Old 20-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes, Man ... or is it 'God'? Oh, I think I'll just think of you as a 'God-Man' (a/k/a Ptah-Hotep!) LOL
They're all labels David, at the end of the day. Y'know, like Spiritual and non-Spiritual and perfect and imperfect and..... God, god, not God/god. Right/wrong.
Old 20-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Master
Quote:
They're all labels David, at the end of the day. Y'know, like Spiritual and non-Spiritual and perfect and imperfect and..... God, god, not God/god. Right/wrong.
Yah, Maan! What's truly important in con-verse-ation (with one's self or others) is that one 'groks' what any 'label' is meant, i.e. intended, to signify - not simply 'pidgeon-hole' them!
Old 20-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Many years ago a wise man said to me "Take what resonates with you as your won Truth, forget the rest because it is not yours."
This is so very true! However, it also comes with a lot of ascribed labels..."closed-mindedness"..."intolerance"..."stubborness" etc then one has to recognise the intended 'guilt trip' others are placing you on for what it is. Then, as soon as I say "I have my own truth, and I appreciate your help but don't require it" it becomes a very solitary existence.
Old 20-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Master
QUOTE=GS]"Take what resonates with you as your won Truth, forget the rest because it is not yours."[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is so very true! However, it also comes with a lot of ascribed labels..."closed-mindedness"..."intolerance"..."stubborness" etc then one has to recognise the intended 'guilt trip' others are placing you on for what it is. Then, as soon as I say "I have my own truth, and I appreciate your help but don't require it" it becomes a very solitary existence.
Yah, "Take" is a solitary act/motive.

"Give and Take" (if and as repeated in mnay aways and may levels) results in one's becoming relationally involved. One thing worth 'giving' is the right/legitimacy/validation of another taking and acting on the basis of what resonates as his or her 'own' truth.

"Forget the rest because it is not yours" is only 'good' up to a point, that is in certain situations wherein self-validation is a preliminary necessity. Ultimately, it does take TWO to TANGO, which requires that you have someone else to TANGO with as well as requires that you TANGO with them (i.e. that you co-ordinate your 'moves' in ways which 'synch' with their 'moves', IOW).

Because 'dancing' alone is second 'best', ultimately, 'empathy' is the most 'Selfish' (in the Larger sense of the word) thing that one can 'do'.

I know this is not your 'forte' now, SD. 'I'solation is your fort! But 'empathy' is the only 'way' 'out' of said 'fortress'.

I believe based on my 'take' on the level of your Intelligence, that this is something you can 'do' - that is if you wholeheartedly devote your self to learning to and then doing so (which means not wholeheartedly just (stubbornly, etc) seeking/choosing to actualize/pexperience your 'own' personal preferences.

I also believe that this is what your life's 'purpose' is. Why? Because it is what you are most 'challenged' to 'learn' - as in a hearing-impaired person being (apprppriately, IMO) referenced as being hearing-'challenged'.

Come 'out', come 'out', from wherever you are - is the seek-the-hider game I'm playing witchoo!.