Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
So then, all the victims of famine, earthquake, drought, flood and poverty brought it on themselves did they?

In a way--yes. They planned major things of this life: Who will be parents, maybe siblings, mates (maybe), AND major events that affect their lives.

Now, I have no doubt that you don't believe this part either, so it will fall on deaf ears. For those it doesn't, one's life isn't some blind, inevitable play. People who agreed to show up in your life for one important purpose or another--do or don't. Those choices affect you. How you respond to the difficulties (you have planned) in your life affect your choices, etc.

As for those born with painful, childhood diseases, victims of famine, earthquake, etc., I can only think that they are very advanced beings who come in with those kind of handicaps--or go out very early. I can't know what their intentions for their life were, but they can once they pass. And, yes, earthquakes and hurricanes are planned--or some event is planned and the opportunity is taken when it occurs.

You think of your life in terms of this one go-around, not realizing their is a much longer game being played. And you planned it for yourself (with the help of others). And we are receiving the help of others while we're here--we just don't always recognize it.

We can get insights into what our biggest issues are by the ones that hang us up. Otherwise, I'm not sure we fully, consciously understand our own plans. But we get glimpses here and there.

But you believe what you want, as I know you will. I always felt those who cling so tightly to either religion or science have a long "unlearning" process when they die to recognize the way things really are.

Lora
Old 12-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
I always felt those who cling so tightly to either religion or science have a long "unlearning" process when they die to recognize the way things really are.
Whilst I always felt that those who believe things without any good reason have a lot to learn.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Whilst I always felt that those who believe things without any good reason have a lot to learn.

Obviously, you're sure your "good reason" is the only one there is.

L
Old 12-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Obviously, you're sure your "good reason" is the only one there is.
Not at all. I have a very open mind and my opinions often change. I do find it hard to believe in something which cannot be proven though.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Pardon me butting in here, but if you have been throwing out to the universe about needing money, that's what you'll get back. A need of money. It's like saying, "I want a new car," you will always be wanting, without actually getting a car. You are telling the universe that you want/need, not that you have.

At least, that's how I understand the LOA.

I don't have money. I get, what, £202 every two weeks? Hardly enough to survive on. And as I said. The money is not just for me. It's for my Grandparents who are, again, £5000 in debt. They do need it.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Not at all. No. About Lilith von Gore.
I'm on her ignore list so I can afford a little more candour than I otherwise might.

Apologies for any misunderstanding.

Lorelyen - Cool!

Blackraven
Old 12-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Ascender
I can still see what you write if someone quotes you, Lorelyen.
Don't get cocky.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
I don't have money. I get, what, £202 every two weeks? Hardly enough to survive on. And as I said. The money is not just for me. It's for my Grandparents who are, again, £5000 in debt. They do need it.

What you just stated was that you don't have money (and therefore won't have), that you "don't have enough to survive on", etc. Each time you reinforce your need, you are causing it to come to you. Whatever you believe, it's true.

Lora
Old 12-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Not at all. I have a very open mind and my opinions often change. I do find it hard to believe in something which cannot be proven though.

It can only be proven by testing it. But with your pre-conceived belief that it can't be tue, that becomes impossible. Being "open" means being open to the idea that all your constructs...may not be true.

And if I find that these are not true, what have I lost? I've suffered the belief that I get what I ask for. Not such a bad way to suffer.

Go in peace, Echthalion.

Lora
Old 12-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
No its not. Its fuelled by something deeper.
Please proceed, I'm listening.......