Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 29-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Greenslade

All of the above, I think. There are so many ways it's hard to put a finger on a 'definitive' how.

Usually the best place is to start within yourself. Sometimes an almost-obsession with a person or place in history or somewhere you've never been to before but you still feel the connection with. It's all about the connections, so if you feel one (with a person or place) then it's a good place to start. Also remember that we are incarnated with the same Souls - Soul Group - so there's another place to look at. Chances are the people close to you now were close to you before. A sister in a Past Life may be a mother in this or a close friend, but if you look behind the mask of the physical body and try and see the Soul inside you may be surprised at what you find.

Another thing is feeling as though you're not yourself. Now and again you might get the feeling that although you're right here right now, you may feel as though you should be someone or somewhere else. Sometimes the feeling of "I wonder what it would have been like to live in those times or be that person" is a hint. Or you may feel as though the person you've just met has been around you all your Life. Why don't you simply ask them? Just be a little careful how you broach the subject in case they think you're a total whack-job :-) Start with your own instincts and see how you get on from there, but use your discernment. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the fantasy of it all so be as honest and as objective as you can be.
Old 29-03-2011, 04:52 PM
HBuck72

My past life experience came to me in a dream. I am a member of a spiritual group, and in the dream the members that I know today, where in the dream then, only they did not look the same, I only "knew them" to be the same person. Later during a gathering of the aforementioned group I began to tell the story of my dream, and one of the members of the group stopped me and finished the dream for me!

Apparently the fellow members of the group may have lived and learned together over numerous previous lives.
Old 29-03-2011, 07:22 PM
DulcePoetica

Every time I hear classical music from a certain era, I want to fall to my knees and weep. Not because the music is so beautiful but rather because it triggers a sense of deep loss and inconsolable grief. Other music from that same time period affects me, but the grief response is only to the music of a small cluster of composers who all happened to live in Vienna at the same time as each other.

It certainly has me intrigued by the possibility that I walked the streets of that city at that time, possibly even spent a great deal of time with those specific musicians. It seems like my heart was broken somehow. It feels like the kind of loss from which an individual does not recover. As if part of me haunts Vienna to this day.

I visited there once, and curiously, despite cultural and language barriers, I felt at home there as if I had just stepped out my front door. It was only after I got home from the trip that I realized I had had several meaningful interactions with people where even without a common language, we somehow communicated without any difficulty.
Old 29-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Master
I agree with some of the other members. Although I'm not sure about definite "tell-tale signs," we probably all agree that there are hints. Those hints, as you can see, can range from gut feelings to "flashbacks" and dreams.

In my own personal experience, I feel very connected to Italy. Every time I would learn about Romans and their culture, I would get this bizare tingling sensation in my scalp. Also, I feel incredibly connected to the Renaissance era. The works of that era leave me feeling awestruck. And although I don't align with the Christian faith, I find myself intensely intrigued by the Renaissance's spiritual work. So I feel that I might have been someone living during that time. Perhaps a painter - seeing how I'm an artist in this life.

I also receive some interesting dreams I call "movie dreams." I don't know if these are past lives, but they usually take place in the past.. and in these dreams, I'm never myself. I'm either a "spectator" or I'm someone else in the dream. It's quite interesting...

But now that I think about it, perhaps it's better to not have "tell-tale signs." People would be (and still are) obsessed with their past lives. It's not really good to be dwelling on them - especially out of curiosity. Or so I've read. Not saying that you are, of course.

Old 29-03-2011, 09:51 PM
nightowl

These are interesting comments I see there are some simlarities and some differences. I personally have never really thought much about past lives. It enters my mind ever once and awhile usually when I keep dreaming about a certain house. The house feels very famaliar and I know my way around in it. I see it from a first person perspective, I find it intriguing...
Old 29-03-2011, 10:06 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Usually the best place is to start within yourself. Sometimes an almost-obsession with a person or place in history or somewhere you've never been to before but you still feel the connection with.

That's always a good hint!

Quote:
It's all about the connections, so if you feel one (with a person or place) then it's a good place to start.

Sometimes it's a bad feeling of connection, though, like, for example, if someone died a bad death there...

Quote:
Also remember that we are incarnated with the same Souls - Soul Group - so there's another place to look at. Chances are the people close to you now were close to you before.

I feel this is very true.

Quote:
Another thing is feeling as though you're not yourself. Now and again you might get the feeling that although you're right here right now, you may feel as though you should be someone or somewhere else.

Hence, "Indigo"s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuck72
My past life experience came to me in a dream.

I think mine did, too, in a dream I had when I was sixteen. It took years later to actually connect it with past life ideas! It was so funny to have that total, "Aha!" moment, years after the fact.

The dream was about me in the holocaust. I was marching with a large group of other holocaust prisoners-- I'd say Jews, but not all were Jews. We were all being marched up this mountain were Hitler was waiting to shoot us and throw us off the top. As I was marching, I thought, "**** this!" and ran, deciding to take my chances. Guards chased after me with guns. I was sure I was going to get shot, as went into a cave to hide. Eventually I got lost in the dark cave, found a "light at the end of the tunnel," heard angelic music, saw amazing amounts of color, and even met some kind of super spirit-Light that I was not allowed to look at, but it wanted to regard me. Then, a side, cave opened up, and I was in some kind of bunker with different friends I have had throughout my life, all of them seeming to have been through near the same thing.

Because the date I had the dream was the same one as the liquidation of the Jewish ghetto in Krakow (March 13) , and it was about being marched away in the holocaust with a large group of people, I started linking it with other suspicions I had that I may have died in the holocaust-- a lot of little things too numerous to list here, and yet still kind of uncertain.

I am starting to see the cave dream as some kind of death flash back, in which maybe I was shot trying to escape or something. I have a birth mark on my back, right along my spine, that might have been the bullet that killed me. Even though I 'survived' in the dream, I still went through a dark tunnel with an intelligent light at the end of it. The room in which my friends all were kind of reminds me of my suspicion that we are with a lot of the people we know in multiple lives, and that we meet in between them.
Old 30-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Angels3

For me, it was mainly feelings that would suddenly come on out of nowhere that had no cause. I have a couple deep fears that have been with me for as long as I remember, and have no reason to why and where they appeared from. Also like someone said obsessions with certain time periods. I am obsessived with a couple periods..