Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 31-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
That's good to hear.
I would say we can learn from a bad experience, but that doesn't mean we chose that experience in the first place.

Later on we see ''patterns'' and ''purpose'' in these things. We just deal with it and sometimes it goes well, other times not.
my point was, that i did in fact, choose it, im well aware of it, and have been for 30 years....i cant say for anyone else's case however...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 31-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
my point was, that i did in fact, choose it, im well aware of it, and have been for 30 years....i cant say for anyone else's case however...

May I ask how you can be so sure? I'm just curious.............
James
Old 31-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
May I ask how you can be so sure? I'm just curious.............
James
ive always remembered choosing it, even before it was present....i also diagnosed myself at the age of 12, checked with a doctor and turned out to be 100% right...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 31-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
ive always remembered choosing it, even before it was present....i also diagnosed myself at the age of 12, checked with a doctor and turned out to be 100% right...

Interesting.......thanks for sharing that.
Blessings, James
Old 31-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Suspended
Quote:
I think that when we are faced with challenges we rise to the occasion and I think we usually come out better in the sense that we have learned something that makes us better people.

And sometimes we don't rise and just be. And eventually understand that being 'better' people is nonsense...simply being is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
The only reason I remain open to all possibilities here is that the things that have happened to me in my life that have changed me, seem to me to be like some energy playing itself out.
The issues I have had seem to be inherent.
Who knows....................

Personally, I love this statement. And I know that's because I'm aligned to it.

Over the years, I've realised I've always been very open-minded. It used to confuse and frustrate me, but now I love that I really know nothing...
Old 31-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
And sometimes we don't rise and just be. And eventually understand that being 'better' people is nonsense...simply being is enough.

Personally, I love this statement. And I know that's because I'm aligned to it.

Over the years, I've realised I've always been very open-minded. It used to confuse and frustrate me, but now I love that I really know nothing...

And I love this statement! Touche'
Old 31-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Interesting.......thanks for sharing that.
Blessings, James
sure, no problem...i actually started going to the doctor again very recently, havent been in 25 years....this guy was amazed that im even still alive lol, i got a kick out of that~!
Rumi
Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Master
Shabda, do you do healing? There are challenges of body and of mind. They typically require diff approaches, but the same core faith and determination to accept and work with them. I get your perspective and it sounds like you are very accepting of where you are at with whatever your challenges are.

I can also see that for others, self-love and self-acceptance are not always so easy. (And that includes people without an obvious challenge. Though we all have them in one form or another, still, I respect that my challenges are very different from someone who can't walk, or see, etc.)

All challenges have their blessings. But if someone says hey it's a lot of frustration and difficulty for me if I have to come up to some mainstream standard, I have to respect that. You may be able to do it. Someone else may not. I suppose what we can do is be accepting and say to other ppl...I respect your pain and your journey, and whatever you are able to do is also just perfect as it is.

Like art and beauty, the perfection of life is also in the eye of the beholder.

peace,
7L