Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Ascender
sage burning

Hey all
i mentioned previously that i burned sage white sage.
the spirits really dont like it i thought it was my sense of smell of it
the spirits didnt want me to burn it becauseit makes them go away by the burning and prayer.

i got some sacred desert sage

How does this sage work for other people on here ?
Old 05-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Burning sage is used for smudging which is cleansing.it should not have any affect on your ability to connect to spirit.
I smudge my home often

Namaste
Old 05-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Master
Myself in particular I do not use sage. I have trouble finding it locally. The best to find it fresh is the grocery store, or a small bag at the herbal store. The dried sage in a bag from the herbal store may be cheaper.

Despite my long ago ancestors used sage, cedar, and pine long ago, I am myself not too fond of sage, I am fine with cedar but can not easily find it locally. As for pine it is everywhere around here in Maine and I love pine and would be more prone to use it, it too can be powerful, although I have yet to stock a small bag collected from the area.

I get my smudging herbs locally, I wildcraft and therefore go out naturally and collect my smudging herbs myself. Therefore since I am not certain of my ability to identify sage and as far as I know it has not grown within walking distance, it makes it difficult to use in my smudging work, as I like to use naturally collected herbs from my area, like my ancestors would have. I know my ancestors would not have ordered their cedar and sage online way way back.

I practice a pagan, nature path, and therefore go out wildcrafting in search of my own herbs, especially for smudging.

I am not opposed to using some herbs from the local natural shop in the town next over and walking there for inventory- but I do not do the online thing for my herbs.

I have used lately natural roadside lavender for a protective, cleansing herb, as well as stinging nettle for protective means. The stinging nettle is a weed I found growing near my garden which I left there and did not pull as it has wonderful medicinal and spiritual purposes.

Other than natural and local sought out herbs I use sandalwood incense for cleansing as well. I absolutely love sandalwood.

Thank you for the topic youngers, very interested, and you've reminded me I do love to use pine for this purpose of protective smudging. I will have to go in search of a small amount for smudging and cleansing purposes in the future.

Blessings.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:39 PM
Knower
I smudge often as well and have never had any problems. I also like Frankincense.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Experiencer

I sage, though not often as I dont mind spirits in my home. I pull out the sage when negativity enters. Usually I get a ramp up of activity when I sage and bless the house, but nothing negative.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Ascender
Thank for your responses everyone
i did make sure it was from substainable sources

thanks saturninepluto
It made me think about local sources im from uk so i know pine is quite abtainable
i didnt know stinging nettles had medical aid have to be careful picking them as they sting need to use dog leafs to cure stinging nettle stings from what ive heard

thanks again made me smile that local sourced natural medicine can work.
i will look up natural sources in my area i know of dog leafs as it called in uk
Has medical aid values
i will keep my eyes open for pine cones as it called over here

I agree its ok to have spirits in the home just make sure they got your best interests at heart and dont decieve you and be careful what you let your self into with spirits believe me i know in personal experience

thanks again everyone for your kind insight :)
Old 10-07-2018, 07:45 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngers1810
Hey all
i mentioned previously that i burned sage white sage.
the spirits really dont like it i thought it was my sense of smell of it
the spirits didnt want me to burn it becauseit makes them go away by the burning and prayer.

i got some sacred desert sage

How does this sage work for other people on here ?

Do make sure who you're speaking to. Would you communicate with undesirable individuals in this world? If not then don't encourage any in the next dimensions by communicating with just anyone.

Be choosy about who you 'speak' or listen to. They might not have your best interests at heart.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Ascender
I have learnt that even in modern times there are evil which is why i block my channeling
we really have to be careful who we talk to who comes through
I do my best to send them on their way and not to attach to anyone or anything

I am sensitive to atmosphere changes regarding emotions and prescences
I need to be more firm with them and send them on their way i cant afford to be
Scaired too much

for example there a place called blaze castle its a mansion but open to the public and a spirit there said i wasnt welcome so i cant afford anymore for spirits ruling my life.

i cant carry sage around with me everywhere
anytips anyone what you as mediums carry round for protection to deflect spirit communication whilst out ?

Thanks everyone
Old 10-07-2018, 06:26 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngers1810

i cant carry sage around with me everywhere
anytips anyone what you as mediums carry round for protection to deflect spirit communication whilst out ?

Thanks everyone

Carry tourmaline, smokey quartz, black obsidian, or spirit quartz.

Imagine a bubble of pure white light around you and state out loud or in your mind that only the most loving guides and spirits are allowed to enter and influence your energy.

When you leave a place that has made you feel uneasy, ask Archangel Michael to cut all cords of negativity from you. Hope this helps.
Old 26-07-2018, 04:16 AM
Ascender
Thanks for all the ideas everyone iam
trying to believe in my inner self again
with mediumship.

ive know i got to get white sage again it susprising how many people say white sage stinks

but a lot of it is self belief that one can clear self and places
I do ask them to go to the light
old saying

dont let them get to you

Lately ive been wanting to talk native american i see a native american elder spirit
i dont understand his language but i feel he teaching me
Its quite calming when he around

i think he a spirit guide he been with me several years
i thank him for being there for me.