Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What are you willing to do to have God visit you?

Hello Miss H!

IMO, No need for a visit as God is already there within us...it just a matter of us choosing whether we allow ourselves to experience this. It's not that easy though given the societal/doctrinal conditioning most everyone on this planet went through.

It takes unlearning what one has learned among other inner work. Heck, one could say that what you posit is the whole reason for the existence of this forum
Old 08-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Master
Live my life like really care, do it weather he or she is watching or not.

Last edited by hallow : 21-11-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Haha, does that sound like a funny question?
Well, you don't have to post anything here ...but, it is a very important
question for someone on the spiritual path.

Each day if I ask myself what am I willing to do to see God again...well..
Would I keep my mind focused unceasingly on Him?
Would I do every selfless act I could in love for something in His Creation to stay close to Him and His Heart.
Would I become a vegetarian?
Would I sit for hour after hour after waiting for him, preparing a still place in my heart for another Visitation?
Would I let go of my last possession....my very thoughts again, that ego self...to enter into His dwelling place?
All of the above?
Or do I do nothing really....spend a life doing nothing really?
What effort do I need to do? How do I prepare?

And on it goes...what are we willing to do to be with Him in spirit (who has no gender)...up close and personal...
more intimate than most could imagine?
Well, I think it is imp to ask (y/ourselves).

And what could bring God to visit us...deeds, words, actions?
Beliefs, charity....waiting, emptying, longing?

Since being with our Creator and being in His divine love is the true happiness...it takes individual questioning and study, imo.
I thought I would bring up the topic...even if no one ever posts.

The question isn't "what are you willing to do?", but "what should you do?", if you wanted to contact God / higher self / cosmic forces/ higher power / etc..

Whatever your beliefs may be, whatever spiritual path you favor, the answer is: get into an altered state of consciousness!

Many people are willing to do difficult things, sacrifice, take a lot of pain, but the achievement is conditioned only by using the appropriate method. As an example, to contact your friend two streets away (if you don't want to go over there, in God's case "to die") call them on the phone!
Old 08-07-2018, 11:04 PM
I agree 100%...different ways.

I think it is beneficial for us to think on these things...clears the mind...
has nothing to do with any disagreeing....just our thoughts on the matter
is nice....with all the other thoughts that can come....this is a nice one, to me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Master
Sometimes, the really hard part, is after God visited, when the rush has gone, the elation subdued by the ego and you realise you aren`t there yet, wherever there is. I aliken it to a wedding day that just appears without warning, you put in a lot of effort, time and intent to be prepared and it comes and its amazing, but then you have to move forward with your new `marriage`. You know the truth now, how important it s you practice and this forces the ego out even more. You work knowing you have to, when karma comes you bear it knowing its yours. And throughout the mundane normal existence a part of you is never satisfied, because you have tasted the truth, but you`re not the finished article yet, so you can`t re immerse yourself. So it can be tough knowing.... a different kind of suffering.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Sometimes, the really hard part, is after God visited, when the rush has gone, the elation subdued by the ego and you realise you aren't there yet, wherever there is. I liken it to a wedding day that just appears without warning, you put in a lot of effort, time and intent to be prepared and it comes and its amazing, but then you have to move forward with your new `marriage`. You know the truth now, how important it s you practice and this forces the ego out even more. You work knowing you have to, when karma comes you bear it knowing its yours. And throughout the mundane normal existence a part of you is never satisfied, because you have tasted the truth, but you`re not the finished article yet, so you can`t re immerse yourself. So it can be tough knowing.... a different kind of suffering.
Perfect. Just perfect.

Lol, and 'the suffering'...Yes Lord, drop in, show me Bliss, show me You...
now ruin me for anything less....thanks, thanks a lot!!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
I agree 100%...different ways.

I think it is beneficial for us to think on these things...clears the mind...
has nothing to do with any disagreeing....just our thoughts on the matter
is nice....with all the other thoughts that can come....this is a nice one, to me.

Set the intention first then the path will become known to you.

I've noticed in my life that successful people will always say "I'm going to do/be ___________". As if there's no doubt. They're simply making a choice!
Old 09-07-2018, 05:38 PM
Master

I've seen this thread in passing and really didn't know how to express my thoughts but now I think I can.

I'll go visit God when I get to the other side, in the meantime I just want to finish up with my time here. I don't feel neglected not seeing God here and now.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Master
Hello,

What comes is; To be quiet and not think about it.
Just let it show itself as it will.
To be grateful for the moments given
In this, grace is given and the light shines
Old 10-07-2018, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
Set the intention first then the path will become known to you.
Oh my! YES!
You said it so simply!
That is what makes me a bit different than my friends...I mean I notice it...
I set my intention each day, many times...and it is about God and only God...
I mean I'm not setting my intention that I will do a good job today or that I'm nice

to people or junk like that...my intention is "one thing'...
to feel God's Divine Love today...feel HIM, focus on Him.

Oh sure, I practice the Law of Attraction when I need to...but that is so
in the background of my life like brushing my teeth.

I want to thank all the people who posted here...even if I don't mention you by name....thank you.