Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-09-2012, 06:58 AM
LucidNinja

ok thanks guys,
well i had one of my first experiences last night,
i woke up at like 4:30 (body clock) as usual but was extra tired, i somehow didnt fall asleep and evertime i closed my eyes i had a short lucid dream, i then rolled over and i cant remember anything other than i was almost completely floating out of my body at at 30 degree angle with my head and shoulders still stuck in! i felt a strong sensation of pulling on my body that was out, i think i could see my astral body as a bluey colour but TBH i was hit with the usual dream amnesia when i woke up and can hardly remember it at all, but i remember that happened, i fell asleep shortly after. the twitching is also fading away, also the previous night i had i dream that i APed as i could see my body then i came out but i wasnt in my house so i dont know

thanks,
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 AM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
We can agree to disagree then I had it happen for a couple months when I was 2-3 months into my meditation program. My teacher sat me down and explained exactly what I said, I am not saying he knows everything but it made sense to me. I have never had it happen accompanied with the feeling like I was falling, so obviously what is happening in your situation yet again does not apply to everyone. We seem to keep having this conversation where you think just because something happens to you under specific circumstances it applies to the rest of the world, I am sorry but that is never the case.

We are all different and the circumstances are different. The person asking the question said nothing about the feeling of falling so why does that mean what happens in your case is the same as his? I have also read that it happens at a certain point on our meditation regiment because it is clearing up blocked energy pathways or opening dormant ones in at least 3 books all written by different authors. Off the top of my head two of them being Robert Bruce & T. Lobsang Rampa. So while I have no doubt what you say it is probably is what you're saying it is in your case I will never agree that it is always the same in everyone elses. Personally I tend to believe people who have almost a lifetime of experience like Robert Bruce than one random person on a forum who claims to know all the answer's of every mystery of the Earth that applies to every single person alive. Robert Bruce offered more than one possibility, not just one single probability handed to you as the stone cold truth because in his case that's what it was. Sorry again but this is just how I feel and I am sure others can agree.

There could be many possibilities. Myoclonus is rather a vague term and points to any type of involuntary jerk or twitch where there can be many different possible causes. As I said before, it can happen when entering a hypnagogic state (which is required to "AP"). Consequently, the impressions that are received on the onset can prompt a jerk/twitch, especially if the impression involves your physical body (which provokes a physical reaction) and/or the impression startles you. This can be avoided by relaxing the body and losing awareness of it before you start the mental process of "astral projecting".

I've experienced this countless times as well. I've experienced the feeling of limbs vibrating (or being energized by something), a feeling of falling, a brief scenario of someone throwing a baseball at my face, a feeling of a hand touching my back, ect... It can be just about anything, and so I cannot make the conclusion you just did.

LucidNinja, it is completely normal to experience this. Let's just leave it at that.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:24 PM
LucidNinja

ok thanks, im not too worries, as i mentioned above i almost got out but it a very bad state of mind
Old 10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Administrator
Hello

Very common issues and might well be this:

Torso Energy Surge:

The Torso Energy Surge is a surge of energy located in the torso area of the body. This surge can flow down into the legs but mostly its centered in at lower back area ( Pelvis area ) and the abdomen.
It can feel like a sensation of dropping suddenly. Like when one steps unexpectedly in a dip along a path.
This sensation most often happens when one is laying on one’s back and when one is in a state of almost drifting off to sleep. One is trying simply NOT to enter that sleep state.

What causes this surge ? It is thought that its an emotionally triggered that arises from the Heart Charka Centre. That is the centre where one leaves the body, so it is thought that the energy levels might well double in intensity as one readies to leave the physical body. This often gives one the need to grab onto something, often it be the sides of one’s bed.

What are the feelings one can have ? The first one is of course a feeling for being startled or of fear. It can leave one in search of one’s next breath in. This reaction most times is strong enough to take one from that relaxed state of being into one of full consciousness. As the body reacts often adrenalin is released and one’s heart will start to race. It can be at times a feeling of excitement in a shocking positive way like in finding one has won something. To others the feeling is that of being on a Coaster going up and down the hills and valleys. It can too bring on a feeling of an up set tummy.

A bit more uncommon but too all possible is sexual arousal, as there is a major Charka located there in the Sacral. It is caused by a sudden upwards surge of energy that travels through the genital regions and up into the abdomen and heart regions. This state of arousal , like the sudden drop effect , will bring one to break that state of being relaxed and ready to exit the body.

The most common position that brings on these issues is being prone flat on one’s back. The best way is to try on several positions and see what one’s might well work. One position is laying on one’s side, many find the Left heart side works better. The other is to prop SEMI upright. Also not to be overly comfortable but in a position that one can relax in. If one is too comfortable its too easy to drift into sleep.

How to move past this. Well the first thing is patients as it takes time, trust and practice. I like to say “Rome was not built in a day .” It is too learning to trust the body and understand the feelings in the body zones or Charka’s. Finding a position that works well. Understanding the fear triggers and finding maybe a visual image to think on to move past them. The best way for Astral to work is through mediations and not being in a state of the body wanting to sleep. Try a projection on first waking states. Where the body has rested and the mind is calmer.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Guide

I think the type of jerking Lucid Ninja and Astral Explorer are talking about is different to the quick and usually singular jerks which come when someone is almost asleep.

There is other jerking, where it feels like you want to shoot your legs out, or move them around restlessly. Babies get it, they arch their body back when they are overtired, and children do it when they are overtired.
Usually, because they are being kept up by someone, or by their own mind activity.
It's uncomfortable.

Perhaps it's an energy or chakra thing, but I'm not really knowledgable about that, so I can't comment.

I do know what helps:
Relax. Just completely let go.
The reason you're getting the strongly energetic feeling is because you haven't relaxed enough into what you're doing.
Perhaps the mind is too awake, or causing tension to be held rather than released.

Problems with relaxation can be because of a conflict within, about what you're doing. Or, you drank too much coke or something.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:36 AM
LucidNinja

thanks, i usually meditate b4 i try and i dont drink coke, even though im 14 i hate sugery things now so i dont drink coke, ive gone from a heavy, meateater/hunter with lots of junk to little to no meat and very healthy diet, sort of a spiritual awakening
Old 12-09-2012, 01:02 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilucis
I think the type of jerking Lucid Ninja and Astral Explorer are talking about is different to the quick and usually singular jerks which come when someone is almost asleep.

There is other jerking, where it feels like you want to shoot your legs out, or move them around restlessly. Babies get it, they arch their body back when they are overtired, and children do it when they are overtired.
Usually, because they are being kept up by someone, or by their own mind activity.
It's uncomfortable.

Perhaps it's an energy or chakra thing, but I'm not really knowledgable about that, so I can't comment.

I do know what helps:
Relax. Just completely let go.
The reason you're getting the strongly energetic feeling is because you haven't relaxed enough into what you're doing.
Perhaps the mind is too awake, or causing tension to be held rather than released.

Problems with relaxation can be because of a conflict within, about what you're doing. Or, you drank too much coke or something.

In order to "astral project", you have to enter a hypnagogic state.
Old 16-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Knower

I get the twitching and jerking sometimes too..usually with the feeling of falling which brings me out of meditation immediatly. Today however I felt something new. My whole body had that humming/ vibration feeling, then my whole body jerked. It didnt shake me out of meditation though. Next min the static sound got really loud in my ears and the front of my head got really tingley. Then it kind of made a muffled pop or thump sound and it felt like someone had whacked me in the face with a pillow. So I jumped up. Ive never felt that before...
Old 16-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356
I get the twitching and jerking sometimes too..usually with the feeling of falling which brings me out of meditation immediatly. Today however I felt something new. My whole body had that humming/ vibration feeling, then my whole body jerked. It didnt shake me out of meditation though. Next min the static sound got really loud in my ears and the front of my head got really tingley. Then it kind of made a muffled pop or thump sound and it felt like someone had whacked me in the face with a pillow. So I jumped up. Ive never felt that before...

Sounds like to me you were close to a projection.
Old 17-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Knower

Do you always feel like you get whacked in the face when that happens? Lol