Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 09-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Experiencer
Cherokee Astrology

Everything on Earth is the reflection of a star. This includes people, animals, trees, rivers, stones, and mountains- all sentient beings to the Cherokee.

I am the Flower (gun'tsi-ek)
Direction: South- Midsummer: Earth is in full bloom, energy of Love and Creativity; temporary beauty of flowers.
Symbol: Sunflower disc (Eye of the Sun)
Color: Gold
Stone: Ruby
Element: Fire
Flower: Sunflower
Herb: Red Cedar

This sign is the "Chalice of the Infinite, the Cauldron of Creation, the Herald of a planetary Golden Age." It also says I'm a romantic, idealist and need to get real. Haha! It literally says to "come down out of the clouds." If you only knew me so well you would know that was accurate. I'm also stubborn.

I thought it would be fun to share our Astrology readings. A sort of pot-luck of personality. Happy Saturday everyone. Namaste.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:51 AM
Experiencer
If I knew where to find this, I would love to toss mine up here.
Old 13-04-2016, 01:24 AM
Raven Poet

Interesting. I did not know the Cherokee Peoples include astrology into their spiritual practices.

Is there a story or teaching about relationship to the stars? I have heard a few traditional teachers talk about legends and stories in the constellations as a way to navigate one's journey.

Thanks!
Old 13-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Experiencer
Yes, they have a similar set up as the Aztec and Mayan. They use it to decide the best days and times for rituals and ceremonies. Each child born brings some wisdom from the stars. The ancestors cross over to the Milky Way. It's really sweet :-) I'm not an oral tradition keeper or anything. I just report what I see, the signs I see, and then I get an explanation as to what it means. What I need to do or focus on.

For those interested, I highly recommend the Star Knowledge Conference. If they would do that again it would be lovely. You could look for it on youtube. The one I like is a version that has been edited which specifically talks about the star people who have been born in our world as prophecied by the Hopi. It is called: Earth Changes The Elders Speak. Namaste.