Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Nebulous

You should never give out your true soul name unless you trust someone 200 percent!

But for the sake of posterity, I'll just say my name's Sparkleshine Maxima.

((Post edited by me.))

Last edited by Nebulous : 14-02-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 14-02-2012, 06:15 AM
oliviasang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous
I have a soul name and damned if I'm ever going to give it out to random people. And if you actually KNEW what your soul name did and its function, you wouldn't be giving it out either. Either you're totally ignorant of what it does, or you absolutely do NOT have your real spiritual name. I can't help but wince at this thread...

Well I must be ignorant because that just begs the question, what does it do and what is its function?
Old 14-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Nebulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviasang
Well I must be ignorant because that just begs the question, what does it do and what is its function?

Point taken - sorry LOL I just hear stuff like this and go *WINCE!!*... ummm I guess I can just put it this way. Imagine that name as a key that unlocks a corresponding part of your deepest self. You may have multiple ones that unlock multiple parts. Now imagine how good AND how bad that can be, depending on how it's used!!

Sorta like...Nebulous! Everyone here would call me Neb or Nebulous, right? It "unlocks" (so to speak) the part of me that is that chick with the weird rainbowfairy icon that talks about spiritual stuff! Right? If you called me Nikki however, you'd be touching on deeper aspects of me as a person, removed from a computer screen.

And if you called me by my full name with a loud shaming voice -- I'd think you were about to punish me for getting into the cookie jar!

Now just imagine that on a soul level!
Old 14-02-2012, 08:10 AM
oliviasang

Quote:
Point taken - sorry LOL I just hear stuff like this and go *WINCE!!*... ummm I guess I can just put it this way. Imagine that name as a key that unlocks a corresponding part of your deepest self. You may have multiple ones that unlock multiple parts. Now imagine how good AND how bad that can be, depending on how it's used!!

Sorta like...Nebulous! Everyone here would call me Neb or Nebulous, right? It "unlocks" (so to speak) the part of me that is that chick with the weird rainbowfairy icon that talks about spiritual stuff! Right? If you called me Nikki however, you'd be touching on deeper aspects of me as a person, removed from a computer screen.

And if you called me by my full name with a loud shaming voice -- I'd think you were about to punish me for getting into the cookie jar!

Now just imagine that on a soul level!

Hi

Okay, I think I understand where you’re coming from. You have a name connected to a very personal and unfathomable part of yourself, your ‘soul’. If I felt that way about a name I’d be touchy about it too, lol.

I think we just see things differently. I use a name so people have something to call me besides ‘hey you’. I’ve had so many they’ve lost any true meaning.

My favorite name the one I identify with more than any other I share with millions of other people, momma. It’s not the name I connect to it’s the strings of binding between mother and child that is the true power not what label I put on it.

My guides do not call me by a name per se just a title for lack of anything else I guess. I’ve worked with entities for 20 plus years and have never given a name and yet even if I’ve never met them before they know who I am. It’s not the label they react to it’s the essence.

Shrug but to each their own. I thank you for sharing your thoughts as I really did want to understand.
Old 14-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Nebulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviasang
Hi

Okay, I think I understand where you’re coming from. You have a name connected to a very personal and unfathomable part of yourself, your ‘soul’. If I felt that way about a name I’d be touchy about it too, lol.

I think we just see things differently. I use a name so people have something to call me besides ‘hey you’. I’ve had so many they’ve lost any true meaning.

My favorite name the one I identify with more than any other I share with millions of other people, momma. It’s not the name I connect to it’s the strings of binding between mother and child that is the true power not what label I put on it.

My guides do not call me by a name per se just a title for lack of anything else I guess. I’ve worked with entities for 20 plus years and have never given a name and yet even if I’ve never met them before they know who I am. It’s not the label they react to it’s the essence.

Shrug but to each their own. I thank you for sharing your thoughts as I really did want to understand.

Makes sense, and many spirits will even say "Names don't matter to me", which is also true in a sense. :)

To me, soul names are usually very different linguistically than something you'd normally hear - and when spoken bear a certain innate power. It isn't given to you, it's declared by you at a certain point.

Different type of name. :)
Old 14-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Master
Quote:
You should never give out your true soul name unless you trust someone 200 percent!

((Post edited by me.))

That's a very disempowering thought. Names have power if you let them, otherwise they don't. My name is Shane. It was the name I gave to my father when he asked the universe what I wanted to be named. Use it to try to control me and see how far you get. Or better yet, save yourself the effort because it won't work.
Old 14-02-2012, 03:25 PM
PitBull

Hey silva nice to meet you. Just one question, why didnt you at again after you really got to do it? Its just a question as im not able to yet and want to so i have a lot of questions..... question not meant bad
Old 14-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Ambermay

Oh, well, I personally believe that our spirit name CAN be know by others.
But that which was discussed I believe relates to the name of our subconscious.

The name we chose for our subconscious should never be known by anyone else, but only by ourselves. And that name is chosen by us on purpose.
Reason being is that when we call onto it by name - it will only respond to the right person.
Old 14-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambermay
Oh, well, I personally believe that our spirit name CAN be know by others.
But that which was discussed I believe relates to the name of our subconscious.

The name we chose for our subconscious should never be known by anyone else, but only by ourselves. And that name is chosen by us on purpose.
Reason being is that when we call onto it by name - it will only respond to the right person.

Funny you should mention it. My subconscious/inner self HAS a name. But I have no idea what good that is for anything.
Old 14-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Administrator
Hello

I was given a name in a Native Indian Naming Ceremony.

Knowing nothing about me I was given the name "Spirit Whisperer"

When it comes to the face I show the World there is only one that fits and that ios the one I stand in. Too if I be honest a name is identification not the true being that we are as we are given that name at our arrival. Then at marriage we are told to change that given last part of ones' name. I NEVER did lol.

Lynn means two great bodies of water and where I live there be those in lakes and I be in the middle of them. Instantly where I choose to move to felt RIGHT and of peace. Maybe that is where one truly steps into that Spirit Name we all have....when we find where we fit in and belong.

Lynn