Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 26-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Love&Light

Dragons Unicorns Pegasus Fairies Pixies Elves Angels Brownies Gnomes Leperchauns Merm

Do these things really exist?

I used to think that ALL of it was myth! I used to put it in the same bag as alien abductions and flying saucers... I thought it was just unproven myth!

So how much is true, and how much is childrens stories?

I thankyou and I love you in advance!
Old 26-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Master
Moved into Mysteries, Myths and Legends.

Old 26-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Ascender

You have to wonder where all these myths and legends came from. Were they passed down orally from generation to generation, slowly becoming ever more vague and distorted, finally becoming the stuff of legend? In today's world, it's not even considered, it's just labelled as myth and legend. But I think they are real. Some people are able to communicate with elves and pixies and all of the elementals; dragons also used to roam the world, especially during the time of atlantis. But of course the great flood wiped everything out. The Greek legends of all the gods is, from my understanding, quit true. These gods do exist in the spiritual realms and people were able to see them long ago.
Old 26-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Time

IT depends on who you ask.....

Dragons, I think were ancients interpreting dinosaur fossils.

Pixies, elves, gnomes and all that, are the celtic version of nature spirits.

Depending on who you talk to, angels are either messengers from god, aliens or what i think, just a manifestation of our subconsious takeing the shape of something familiar.

Many spirits are thought to be eral, but arent there jsut enough for us to keep us thinking. Products of our own subconsiousness.
Old 26-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Felynx

Dragons existed, elves and drow existed, as did vampires, werewolves, and many other species that would be concidered alien to humans. The life of the planet we live on goes back farther than anyone believes, and everything was so different then that even when humans have an idea of any of these species, theyve been warped and mystified.
Old 26-03-2011, 07:07 PM
sruthy

vampires?? but they dont have souls right? that's what i've heard...about being immortal and all that..
Old 26-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Felynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sruthy
vampires?? but they dont have souls right? that's what i've heard...about being immortal and all that..

Haha, close but no cigar. Most vampires arent exactly... friendly and sweet, nor sensual and alluring like people would like to believe. When they existed in physical form, they were always in a strange sort of state of decay, and THAT was the need for them to feed on blood; to sustain themselves. This doesnt mean that they were technically undead and had "no souls"They had no sense of honor, or respect, and were mostly on the opposite side of whatever I was fighting for at the time. Note this is a generalization, theres always individuality when it comes to people, human or not. Some were good, most were bad.

True, physical immortality was something that only Dragons were able to achieve. But my interpretation of immortality is in the souls ability to retain its memory and essense even if it gets reborn, as well as being able to live on the astral plane without cycling through lives over and over like a broken record. Technically, Im immortal, as are some of you. There is no embodiment of true immortality on this earth any more.
Old 27-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Ascender

Felynx your posts are always quite interesting. I truly enjoy reading them but I can't help but be skeptic with some of the things you say. You talk like you've lived the earth for many, many years in the same life. Is this true? You confuse me lol.

Back to the Op's question, I do believe that these things once existed or still do. I think there are fairies, pixies, elves, angels, gnomes, leprechauns all on the earth today, but I'm not so sure about the other ones. Here's what I basically believe: Our ancestors couldn't have just made up these s tories out of the blue. I believe every legend, myth, mystery, etc. has some truth to it.
Old 27-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Oak2004

Each of these entities certainly have a place in our own interior psyche, which makes them as real as each of us wishes to make them.
Old 27-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Master
It's my opinion that much of the mythology concerning fae, elves, dwarves, etc is crossed racial memories of both the Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon races.