Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Jesus in the bible is quoted as saying "Seek the Kingdom within". This doesn't seem to square with Christianity's promotion of 'have faith in Jesus' and surrender to Jesus as the way, yet this seems to be the majority Christian view still.

What would happen if I told a normal Christian that I was seeking the Kingdom within, just as Jesus said in the bible?

Would 'good' Christians think me foolish, or even evil?

Is it better to just shut up?
Where in the Bible did you find this quotation? It might help if you studied the context in which he made this statement.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Where in the Bible did you find this quotation? It might help if you studied the context in which he made this statement.
Your signature says it all, oh but hang on, 'On Earth as it is in the Heavens'. So when the Earth quake hits that place you'd like to call Israel and the enemy decides to low tail it out of there then the Kingdom of the Heavens will be rebuilt. When it re-establishes itself then the Nations of the Earth will take Gifts to them. This is the reason why, because.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I have been in your situation, being invited to church services which I didn't want to participate in. You don't want to hurt the other persons feelings but I think it's best to be honest and explain to them that you don't feel the need to follow a specific religion but thanks anyway.
You are in a difficult situation as you have put your child into a school which teaches the Baptist religion and there probably will be situations when you will be invited to accompany your child to church and participate, I myself would support your child on his journey until he can decide for himself what religion he wants or doesn't want to follow, grin and bare it for now, go when your Son wants to go but also keep your own beliefs separate.
Lol at honest.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You just love to argue.

Please show a version of the bible saying that heaven is within and without.

Good afternoon jonesboy

Love comes in many forms
Old 07-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon jonesboy

Love comes in many forms

Very true but Jesus preached about finding the light within. That the realization of that light is the realization of Heaven.

If you are looking in the sky or the sea you are looking in the wrong place.

Quote:
3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Love/compassion is a natural result of such realization.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote jonesboy.:Jesus said,*.*Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father.*But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Exactly
That's what I posted in the beginning, ' within you and outside you '

Some translations as I posted previously say, in your midst, and around you...... Doesn't really matter as long as you find it....
Old 07-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Quote jonesboy.:Jesus said,*.*Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father.*But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Exactly
That's what I posted in the beginning, ' within you and outside you '

Some translations as I posted previously say, in your midst, and around you...... Doesn't really matter as long as you find it....

Yes from GOT.

If you don't know where to look and then how to find it within.. that makes all the difference.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Yes from GOT.

If you don't know where to look and then how to find it within.. that makes all the difference.

It's in your midst, all around you, already among you, within some of you , within and outside, so when you look at it..... there is no place that it isn't