Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 12-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Knower
Recurring dream: Barbed Wire Fence & Blanket...

Hi everyone,

This dream actually happens to my boyfriend and is a recurring dream. He has had it since he was about 19 and it still continues (he's now 39). Nothing traumatic happened around that age or since then. However, it only happens when he is sick/ill (which I find strange and fascinating).

It's a very brief dream. It is usually dusk and he finds himself laying underneath a scratchy blanket on the ground (he does not see the color of the blanket). Next to him is a large fence with barbed wire at the top.

That's it. Sorry, there aren't many details. I'm curious if anyone has dreamed of this and others' thoughts.

Thank you!
Old 12-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Master
at about 19 years of age may be when he'd graduated into his "adult" mode of thinking/being.
i'm envisioning this dream as representative of your husband relying on the nurturing influence
of mother earth to provide him with healing energy (since he's lying on the ground, and it only
occurs during times of illness).
the setting of dusk seems to indicate a hopefulness that the illness will be the last of it's kind,
and that he might awaken to a new world on the coming dawn, after his illness has passed.
the scratchy blanket is in recognition of this being a 'non-optimal' configuration for him to
seek health; in a better world, he'd be blanketed with 'warm and fuzzies'.
i take the barbed wire fence to refer to his being held captive, in isolation from the bulk of
the galaxy, just as all of us in this human experiment have been separated from the whole.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
It is usually dusk and he finds himself laying underneath a scratchy blanket on the ground (he does not see the color of the blanket). Next to him is a large fence with barbed wire at the top.

The first thing that popped in my mind is some kind of past life imagery, like an experience in a military training camp or as a POW. Is the ground he's lying on outside?
Old 13-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Knower
Horace:
Very interesting, thank you for the in depth explanation. Definitely food for thought!

Tomma,

Yes, he is outside. I have also thought it could be related to a past life. It's strange that it has been recurring for so many years and only when he is sick.
Old 13-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
Horace:
Very interesting, thank you for the in depth explanation. Definitely food for thought!

Tomma,

Yes, he is outside. I have also thought it could be related to a past life. It's strange that it has been recurring for so many years and only when he is sick.

Does he remember anything about what he's wearing?

Maybe when he's sick his unconscious mind remembers that situation because he was sick then too. "Dusk" could mean that it was the end of this former incarnation, he died there on the ground.

Are there any emotions accompanying this scene?
Old 13-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Does he remember anything about what he's wearing?

Maybe when he's sick his unconscious mind remembers that situation because he was sick then too. "Dusk" could mean that it was the end of this former incarnation, he died there on the ground.

Are there any emotions accompanying this scene?

He doesn't remember anything about his clothes or emotions. I specifically asked about that too. Everything in the dream is always exactly the same. The fence is a few feet away from where he is laying. That's the only extra bit of detail I got.

Fascinating stuff though!
Old 13-05-2018, 10:34 PM
Experiencer

Yes it is fascinating, isn't it?

Next time he's sick and the dream might likely occur he could ask his subconsciousness before falling asleep to show him more details. He could get up from the ground, look around, and explore.
Old 14-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Pathfinder

Hey Head in the clouds, just as Tomma said I also wandered when I first read your post if there is past life 'stuff' here. If so then it is more likely that the energy still contained with in the past life expereince ie that is in repression and deeply unconscious is what is contributing to or is at the root of your partners sickness and manifests itself this way.

Sickness usually occurs when there is no free flow of energy due to an emotional experience being blocked.

This sickness ie how your partner 'feels' when he is sick may allow for the movement of energy in his system as the body seeks to find balance in itself thus bringing certain unconscious experiences up into the light of consciousness.

The dream symblogy could also be a reflection of the sickness itself ie how he feels at the time in his own self energies, imprisoned, suffering etc this is why when one gets a cold some suffer more than others due to the accompanying emotional experience and what comes up during the time of sickness and what is seeking expression.

For as long as this energy remains unexpressed pastlife or not, it will continue to seek expression usually when triggered from the outside by some event and when not dealt with ie if it remains unexpressed or in repression then it will lead to some physical imbalance, cold, flu, sickness etc.

And so the cycle continues. One active way to work with this energy in supression is if your partner is open to it is to sit in meditation and revist the dream imagery. In so doing he may become more aware of the subtle feelings that he senses ie the person 'himself' lying under the blanket and what he feels; then to allow these feelings or to fully feel these feelings and bring a sense of love to them as you would if nursing a sick child with tenderness and care allows the expression of this held energy.

All just food for thought really hope it helps some!

All the best WhiteLion :)
Old 16-05-2018, 07:09 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Yes it is fascinating, isn't it?

Next time he's sick and the dream might likely occur he could ask his subconsciousness before falling asleep to show him more details. He could get up from the ground, look around, and explore.

That's a great idea! I will pass along your suggestion. Asking for more details could result in a clue or two as to why the dream is recurring. Thank you
Old 16-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLion
Hey Head in the clouds, just as Tomma said I also wandered when I first read your post if there is past life 'stuff' here. If so then it is more likely that the energy still contained with in the past life expereince ie that is in repression and deeply unconscious is what is contributing to or is at the root of your partners sickness and manifests itself this way.

Sickness usually occurs when there is no free flow of energy due to an emotional experience being blocked.

This sickness ie how your partner 'feels' when he is sick may allow for the movement of energy in his system as the body seeks to find balance in itself thus bringing certain unconscious experiences up into the light of consciousness.

The dream symblogy could also be a reflection of the sickness itself ie how he feels at the time in his own self energies, imprisoned, suffering etc this is why when one gets a cold some suffer more than others due to the accompanying emotional experience and what comes up during the time of sickness and what is seeking expression.

For as long as this energy remains unexpressed pastlife or not, it will continue to seek expression usually when triggered from the outside by some event and when not dealt with ie if it remains unexpressed or in repression then it will lead to some physical imbalance, cold, flu, sickness etc.

And so the cycle continues. One active way to work with this energy in supression is if your partner is open to it is to sit in meditation and revist the dream imagery. In so doing he may become more aware of the subtle feelings that he senses ie the person 'himself' lying under the blanket and what he feels; then to allow these feelings or to fully feel these feelings and bring a sense of love to them as you would if nursing a sick child with tenderness and care allows the expression of this held energy.

All just food for thought really hope it helps some!

All the best WhiteLion :)

That's another great theory. I will say, my boyfriend isn't the dramatic type... Whether he is sick or not. He doesn't complain or whine (I lucked out!). He just takes care of it; takes a cold or flu med, rests, drinks fluids, etc. I wonder if the dream symbology would still apply? Or if it has nothing to do with sickness? Maybe more along the lines of emotional expression? I'll have to think about that...

I have discussed meditation with him in the past, and while he's open to it, he's the type to pass out snoring as soon as he lays down or sits still (must be nice!).

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it!