Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 16-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
I have discussed meditation with him in the past, and while he's open to it, he's the type to pass out snoring as soon as he lays down or sits still (must be nice!).

Haha my hubby is the same! Sometimes I envy him.

Helpful advice I have heard if you don't want to fall asleep during a meditation, is to keep one arm raised upwards (from the elbow). As soon as sleep overwhelms the person the arm will drop and (hopefully) jolt them back into alertness!
Old 16-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Haha my hubby is the same! Sometimes I envy him.

Helpful advice I have heard if you don't want to fall asleep during a meditation, is to keep one arm raised upwards (from the elbow). As soon as sleep overwhelms the person the arm will drop and (hopefully) jolt them back into alertness!

Oh that's brilliant!! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 17-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
It's possible he is having a past life remembrance that is brought back when he is sick. I read somewhere that people with leopracy were shipped to some island to be left to die. And often prisoners of war and concentration camp prisoners are pretty much treated as worthless left to die if they become sick. This feeling of rejection and abandonment can stay with us until we heal it

Or it could simply be a reflection of how he feels when he is sick. Isolated and vulnerable and wanting to keep the world out during that time until he heals. But I like what others have suggested to ask for more clarity about it from his dreams.
Old 18-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
It's possible he is having a past life remembrance that is brought back when he is sick. I read somewhere that people with leopracy were shipped to some island to be left to die. And often prisoners of war and concentration camp prisoners are pretty much treated as worthless left to die if they become sick. This feeling of rejection and abandonment can stay with us until we heal it

Or it could simply be a reflection of how he feels when he is sick. Isolated and vulnerable and wanting to keep the world out during that time until he heals. But I like what others have suggested to ask for more clarity about it from his dreams.

That's great information! You jogged my memory about something I experienced a few years ago. I had been attempting a past life meditation; trying to glimpse any information regarding myself in a past life. The strangest thing happened; I saw my boyfriend in a uniform. It was like seeing a picture flash before my eyes. He looked very similar to his current self, but had darker hair and a dark mustache. He was wearing a dark green uniform and cap. The uniform had a few patches on it (I couldn't see what they were). It startled me because I was focusing on myself and the guided meditation imagery.

I wonder if there is a connection here? If so, why did I see him or information on his past life? More food for thought....
Old 18-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
That's great information! You jogged my memory about something I experienced a few years ago. I had been attempting a past life meditation; trying to glimpse any information regarding myself in a past life. The strangest thing happened; I saw my boyfriend in a uniform. It was like seeing a picture flash before my eyes. He looked very similar to his current self, but had darker hair and a dark mustache. He was wearing a dark green uniform and cap. The uniform had a few patches on it (I couldn't see what they were). It startled me because I was focusing on myself and the guided meditation imagery.

I wonder if there is a connection here? If so, why did I see him or information on his past life? More food for thought....
Interesting. It very well could indicate he had a past life where he died as a prisoner of war and being sick reminds him of how it felt to be cast aside and abandoned. It's possibly something that he needs to resolve or feeling abandoned and unloved will be a reoccurring theme in his life. Things happen to us, not because of us. By any chance does he ever say things like you don't love me when you are busy or not paying him a lot of attention? Does he have a pattern of questioning whether he is loved by others because the experience of being thrown away like garbage in a past life can linger in our energy field and keep affecting us until we see that nothing that happens to us is personal. Humans can be cruel sometimes but it isn't because we aren't lovable.

Well obviously this is his life so it's hard to say any of this for sure but the image during your meditation came to you for a reason so maybe ask him if he feels loved by others, you, his parents, and see what he says. See if you can get a conversation going though he may not be open but you can try.
Old 18-05-2018, 01:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Interesting. It very well could indicate he had a past life where he died as a prisoner of war and being sick reminds him of how it felt to be cast aside and abandoned. It's possibly something that he needs to resolve or feeling abandoned and unloved will be a reoccurring theme in his life. Things happen to us, not because of us. By any chance does he ever say things like you don't love me when you are busy or not paying him a lot of attention? Does he have a pattern of questioning whether he is loved by others because the experience of being thrown away like garbage in a past life can linger in our energy field and keep affecting us until we see that nothing that happens to us is personal. Humans can be cruel sometimes but it isn't because we aren't lovable.

Well obviously this is his life so it's hard to say any of this for sure but the image during your meditation came to you for a reason so maybe ask him if he feels loved by others, you, his parents, and see what he says. See if you can get a conversation going though he may not be open but you can try.

Actually, he's that rare type of guy; doesn't get jealous, very laid back, no drama, etc. We have been together for about 12 years now and I still love hanging out and just being with him (weird right?!). I've seen no signs of insecurity, and I'd like to think I'm pretty perceptive. He is affectionate without being clingy, as am i. I joke that I've "met my match".

However, I know that as a child, teenager and in his early 20's he was a troublemaker with a bit of an attitude and was always in trouble (nothing serious or criminal). This isn't the case anymore, I lean towards age and "adulting" being a factor. That's the only thing I can think of as to past life issues or cellular memories kicking in. Does that make sense? When stories come up regarding his troublemaker past, he sincerely laughs it off, there is no hint of it troubling him. Unless it was a situation where he may have done someone wrong (picked on them, hurt feelings, etc). But i don't see anything he is hanging on to or rehashing (I'm the worrywart, paying attention to my loved ones reactions and unspoken words). We've had some pretty deep conversations and he has opened up spiritually alongside me. Spiritually as in believing in life after death, past lives, spirit guides, astral projection, etc.

Phew, sorry that was a lengthy response! My apologies!
Old 18-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
No worries, that is fine, not too long. It's good to talk things out for yourself so you can sort through things. I would suspect if it is important in his soul journey and life purpose the significance of the dreams and your visions will become clear. I'd say just continue with your spiritual journey and things will unfold for you both in its proper time.
Old 20-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Knower
Quote:
No worries, that is fine, not too long. It's good to talk things out for yourself so you can sort through things. I would suspect if it is important in his soul journey and life purpose the significance of the dreams and your visions will become clear. I'd say just continue with your spiritual journey and things will unfold for you both in its proper time.

You must have some psychic abilities; I always find that when I discuss my thoughts, questions, etc out loud, I end up having a 'light bulb moment' or come up with the answer I was seeking.

Thank you for your input and suggestions, I truly appreciate it!