Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I think I got cosmically cheated somehow.

I am fully aware that I am not the mind, nor the body...I am pure consciousness and I have experienced it.

Nope, there's no bliss at all, just calm, peace, numbness, disassociation, detachment, not caring or giving a damn. There is nothing there...nothing!

I feel spiritually ripped off and want a refund. lol

What? I remember you saying that you have experienced the love of shiva many times before and it washed over you like samhadi?
Old 03-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ok, fair enough, I respect curiosity, high5.
I could give a few...but, why not just give a couple 'big' ones....2nd thought,
some just seem so sacred..um..maybe not for a public forum, having to do with
Who God Is and 'His' Heart..so maybe just this one...I was shown how creation happens/ed.

Amazingly simple for the Great Shapeshifter! (at least, that which was shown to MY brain, the simple part, ha.
Maybe if Einstein sat in meditation as long as I have he would have been shown the physics and math of it all!!! HA, see?)

Simply put...there is this Light, right? Well, 'It' slowed Itself down ...
like a 'switch' may slow something down on a tape....and that Light
vibrating as light does...slowed Itself....slower and slower....while forming..."things"....a tree, a planet for the tree....woman....doggies.

So with my spiritual mouth dropped, absorbing....well,
I clearly saw...
"Oh, well, alrighty then...nothing is real...it's all YOU!"

Tried to keep it simple...I'm a Gemini, trust me, I could elaborate!!!

How long have you been meditating for and how many hours a week do you average?

Also, have you noticed any trends or mile-markers? Like at 6 months the windows of bliss become more common, and at 3 years they become longer sometimes lasting many minutes, etc.

I figure it takes 6-7 years of heroic effort before the bliss switch can be turned on. Maybe 20 for a slacker like me, lol. I was hoping you could tell me what you think or have experienced.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:24 PM
Master
What kind of purifications do you do?

How long have you been doing them for?

I'm good at eating healthy and thinking positive, I don't exercise or meditate much though. I figure those are a large part of why I don't experience much bliss, and I smoke weed. I figure that is a huge block.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
What? I remember you saying that you have experienced the love of shiva many times before and it washed over you like samhadi?

Quote:
There was once a time when I felt ecstatic agape, but it has totally faded in my being...and of course, I still love God, but that feeling has mellowed somewhat into "yeah, I still love you" and I know that it's still deep inside there somewhere...but bringing it out of me is like trying to extract water from a stone...my heart has gone cold.

10Charrule
Old 04-11-2017, 01:38 AM
Master
This is so cute.

I just went on a google search about how to "re-ignite my love affair with God" and I got this:

"you need to push God - that is, Pray Until Something Happens".

Never heard that one before, but I really like it! =)
Old 04-11-2017, 06:39 AM
Pathfinder
I don't like the term 'Higher Self' because it kinda points away from you and to somewhere above perhaps in the sky or another dimension somewhere in the same direction... What I learnt is there is indeed a 'Higher Self' but that Higher Self is what I call your [True Inner Self] vs. the body and the self others perceive you as.
Everyone who identifies with their lower self i.e. their body will project a 'self' unto you when they hear you speak and form a perception about you based on what they see your lower self projecting. So ultimately the key is to let the True Inner Self shine primarily through our speech. Nevertheless I reckon that speech will never be able to tell the same verity as silence so it is up to us to reach the Zenith of words that we may wage them upon others to lead them to our quarry and our well that we may commune in Truthful Silence.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnostic
I don't like the term 'Higher Self' because it kinda points away from you and to somewhere above perhaps in the sky or another dimension somewhere in the same direction... What I learnt is there is indeed a 'Higher Self' but that Higher Self is what I call your [True Inner Self] vs. the body and the self others perceive you as.
Everyone who identifies with their lower self i.e. their body will project a 'self' unto you when they hear you speak and form a perception about you based on what they see your lower self projecting. So ultimately the key is to let the True Inner Self shine primarily through our speech. Nevertheless I reckon that speech will never be able to tell the same verity as silence so it is up to us to reach the Zenith of words that we may wage them upon others to lead them to our quarry and our well that we may commune in Truthful Silence.
Reminds me of some age old advice..."just be yourself".

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 04-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Master
The way I see it, the 'answer' (result) one 'receives' (actualizes) is simply a 'reflection' of whatever it is that one is 'seeking' at any given point - as in "Ask, and ye shall receive; seek, and ye shall find."

One may find/receive many things which make one 'happy', in the sense of 'happier' than one was before, but whether or not one continues to be and so remains joy-fully 'happy' in the sense of being maximally, or totally, fulfilled depends on whether or not what one asked for, i.e. sought, was/is truly aligned with one's real 'nature', ...

... which to me means the 'nature' of the 'Essence' of Life, or Being, Itself[/u], which 'nature' is the functional spiritual 'embodiment' of the 'core' (or 'central') purpose of all Creativity/Creation (not just the vagaries of personal) Being/Existence.

Based on said logic, I think thinking and feeling and believing that the 'central' purpose, hence the maximal fulfillment, of the Essence of Life/Creativity/Creation, the Process of Being-n-Becoming is to experience total/complete/everlasting "Bliss" is oxymoronic. Why? Because the Source (of Life) could just as well just as well have actualized that by simply 'staying in bed' (so to speak) and continuing to 'dream' whatever 'it' wanted to, i.e. just 'sucking its thumb' (so to speak).

Followers of Eastern as well as Western philosophies which buy into the idea and so 'project' that the 'core' (central/primary) nature, hence most real motive or purpose, of Life is to 'end' (the possibility of experiencing) 'suffering' and just eternally experience 'bliss' forever thereafter are therefore IMO 'doomed' to be disillusioned, eventually at least, in said regard - according to my projections, that is, which projections derive from extrapolations of both my personal experiences and from my observations of kittens, puppies, children, etc. - "Except ye ... become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." blah-de-blah.

I hereby share my 'belief' (based on extensive personal observation and consideration) that the real motive/purpose which gives 'rise' to Life/Creativity/Creation is to is to maximally express and thereby experience Love and Joy in relationship to and with others. I think that the pursuit of personally experienced "bliss" as a primary goal (especially the kind aimed for in 'i'solation) pretty much ensures that one will miss the boat in this relationship-to-and-with-others regard. Relationally (lovingly and joyfully) participating with others in a forum such as this, even if it involves 'extolling' personally 'separate' experiences of "bliss", is a good start.

I strongly disagree with the statement made earlier that: "From what I have experienced, reality itself is absolutely neutral. It does not judge between happiness and sadness, or good and bad." In my view, Love and Joy are are fundamental spiritual realities which are anything but 'neutral'. Also to Love and Joyfully celebrate Life/existence/relationship in relation to and with others one must distinguish between happiness and sadness, as well as between what is good (i.e. better) and bad (i.e. worse), and make 'wise' choices in said regards, in terms of what serves to augment or debase the ongoing experience of Life and Joy in relationship to and with others.

To promote more thoughtful consideration of the above proposition, I submit the following excerpt from a chapter I just finished writing which places it in human-historical context:

Quote:
It has ... struck me that developments in the field of modern computer systems may provide us with an even more illustrative model for the universally creative, feedback-loop based interfusion of the Essence of Creativity (i.e. 'the Father') and the Life of every individual and amalgamated aspect of Its expression. To explore this proposition, imagine if you will that the main aim or goal of said Essence’s ‘program’ – the primary motive (i.e. ‘desire’) ensconced in its ‘source code’ – is to maximally express and thereby experience Love and Joy, to Joyfully express and experience Love and Lovingly express and experience Joy to the greatest possible degree in every possible way, or something like that.

Next, to picture the activity of the Living Entity of our Creation (i.e. of ‘the Son’), imagine a universe-sized network made up of an infinite array of banks upon banks of computers matrixially web-strung together by way of both parallel and series connections, all simultaneously, individually and together, multi-processing the above referenced Love and Joy ‘program’, with each processor and every amalgamation thereof functionally outputting the ‘solution’ it ‘calculates’ will most probably yield the greatest possible Love and Joy ‘result’ in its case (as far as it can prognostically project, that is), which ‘solution’ then operationally functions as input in relation of any and all associated processors to whatever extent they ‘calculate’ it to be relevant to their own Love and Joy process, such that said output-n-input data-packet sequences co-actively ripple and reverberate around the network, sparking Love and Joy focused perceptions and decisions (i.e. experiences and expressions) which conjointly determine what takes place here, there and everywhere in ‘the body’ of said Entity over the course of time."
Pursuing 'happiness', 'bliss', whatever without taking the reality of such context in the account will at best yield temporary result in said regards, I would suggest.

For anyone interested, the full text of the chapter from which the above excerpt was taken is available as a pdf file from the 'Articles' page of my website. It is titled, "What Jesus Really Meant - Ch.1"
Old 04-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Ascender
Quote:
There are a few on here....Jonesboy...Still Waters...Dryad...and I can tell where they are at spiritually...it's like a kind of 'state specific recognition' where we all just astrally smile and wink to each other. In a way, I can also relate to Shivatar when it comes to having the experience, but lacking any practical application for it, which kind of makes it just a tad meaningless in regards to functionality and I'm still waiting for my guru to 'appear' as I have heard that this is how it happens...but then again, maybe I either wasn't meant to have one, or I am my own guru, like Ramana says...pretty hard to remain objective though when one is their own guru. lol

Hi Shivani. Yes I can see you too. The thing is if you want functionality you have to work on both enlightenment and strength. Enlightenment is only half of the picture. You can't do anything with it unless you have the strength to put it into practice. Its true that Gurus or true teachers will show up when your ready for them. Mine did about a year ago.

Last edited by dryad : 04-11-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnostic

According to my beliefs and personal experience ...The higher self is a composite self combining all your past lives knowledge and experience. Everything relevant to physical incarnation. It can be interacted with as an aspect. Mine answers questions for me or explains things I don't recognise spiritually. Beyond the higher self is the soul self which is all that and more existing on a higher level including experiences between and before physical lives. Things that don't always translate well to the ego mind. Enlightenment is when you break down the barriers that separate the current ego personality and all the rest of the soul self including the higher self and past lives. When you can see all that you (as a soul) are.