Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 18-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Master

I find the Spin Blend at my local City Market who is owned by Kroger's.
Old 25-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Master

My local butcher is being harassed by the USDA to use the chemical washes on his carcasses that they recommend. They gave him a citation for not having a humidifier in the room he hangs his meat. But if he does use the chemicals I can't eat it. He called me the other day and asked me to collect some documentation that says I can't eat the meat when these chemicals are used. I took 2 packets of information over to him yesterday. He says he is going to fight the USDA. I also gave him the names and phone numbers of 2 other meat lockers that do not use the washes. He's looking forward to calling them and putting their heads together.
Old 25-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Master

I think i've figured out how to post pics from my new phone.

If this turns out right, this is the Miracle Whip ad saying they are using their original recipe:

Old 25-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Master
Good on you for helping that butcher (and yourself) out and to fight against the unfairness of the situation. What is in the stuff they want him to put on his product? Preservatives? Antibiotics - corn?! Yikes

Old 25-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Good on you for helping that butcher (and yourself) out and to fight against the unfairness of the situation. What is in the stuff they want him to put on his product? Preservatives? Antibiotics - corn?! Yikes

There is definitely corn in the washes they want him to use. He has so many customers that want their meat clean and he is going to do everything he can to make that happen.
Old 19-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Master

The butcher has thanked me. He said because of the information I printed out for him to show the inspectors they have backed down and are leaving him alone.
Old 13-11-2017, 04:22 PM
Master

OMG!

I found chow mein noodles that are gluten and corn free at The Gluten Free Shoppe online. Their other foods are not gluten/corn free so it remains to be seen if there is any cross contamination. But I've been looking for chow mein noodles for a very long time. I will also post this on my gluten free thread. Chow mein here I come!
Old 17-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Master

They are gluten and corn free.
Old 29-11-2017, 06:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Great post.
Old 30-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Master

Finally I have achieved 100% success rate on this bread recipe. It's been about a 2 year long journey but the results are in. No more fallen bread loaves, no more muffin tops, no more slices of bread that are to big or to small (looking for that perfect sandwich slice), no more raw dough or burnt loaves. Believe me, I've seen it all.

First of, this is a gluten and corn free bread. Gluten free breads are much denser than breads with gluten. Most are bland and very disappointing. This one is not.

A few things to keep in mind.

Read through these instructions several times to get everything clear in your mind on how to proceed. I have many tips and techniques you usually won't fine in a recipe for gluten free foods.

I do not weigh my flours. I read somewhere that if there is high humidity, the flours will actually absorb extra moisture rendering an inaccurate amount of flour in the recipe. Instead I spoon flour into the measuring cup making sure to incorporate air into the flour as I sprinkle. I don't level off the top of the measuring cup. I eye it to fill the cup and then dump it in my mixing bowl. I did this intentionally so this bread would be a success without exacting measuring.

Liquids do best at room temperature.

I use Fleischmann's Bread Machine Yeast in the 4 oz jar and keep it fresh in my refrigerator.

I finally broke down and got a stand mixer. I got the Cuisinart SM-55BC 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer because it boasts 800 watts of power compared to the Kitchenaid mixers which only have about 325-350 watts of power. I am so glad I spent the extra on my Cuisinart because it can handle the toughest jobs. So my instructions will be for use with a stand mixer. If you don't have one you will either have to invest in a stand mixer or figure something out because this bread (and all gluten free breads) take a lot of mixing and they are impossible to knead by hand because the dough is gooey and sticky. A hand mixer will not be able to hold up. I tried. About half way through the mixing, it started smoking. And that was using only one beater (as suggested).

Pans are very important. I found that I was customizing my bread recipe to the type and size of the pans. I finally settled on the Norpro Nonstick Bread Loaf Meatloaf Dessert Fruitcake Pan 8x4.5x3 for the perfect size slice of bread, available on Amazon and other online stores. I purchased a total of 4 pans. This recipe only makes 3 loaves so you will always have one pan not in use.

I found it is prudent to line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper. I place the pan on the sheet of parchment paper and, using a pencil, trace around the outside of the pan. Lift the pan, place it next to the outline you just made and repeat and repeat until the sheet of parchment paper is filled. Then cut out your outlines and set aside.

I've tried using cooking sprays in my pans and on top of the dough while it was proofing. I ended up with dough that stuck to the pans and the tops of the loaves of bread would fall and look like a muffin-top with the dough overlapping the top lip of the bread pans, sometimes even falling off and dripping to the bottom of my oven while baking (those were the early stages of development of this recipe). Instead now I use 100% coconut oil in a jar (not a cooking spray can). I grease the bottoms and sides of the pan, well, but not goopy. Then place my parchment paper over the greased bottom. You won't need to grease the top of the parchment paper.

When spooning the dough (which is nasty, sticky and gooey) into the pans, use two spatulas. A heavy duty stiff one for grabbing big gobs of dough and a regular one. You will scrape one against the other constantly to get the extra dough off of them. I scoop some of the dough into the pan, then use a large metal table spoon to smooth is out to the edges of the pan. Use a flatten, and rocking motion, don't use a slide motion or the parchment paper will slide as well. Then add the second layer of dough, using the table spoon again to smooth out any air pockets and distribute evenly. This layer won't slide as easily and you can slide the spoon very gently to evenly distribute the dough. Don't worry about getting the top of the dough loaf flat, we will take care that later.

I do not wash my bread pans. After the loaves slip out there is nothing left inside but a bit of coconut oil. I place a paper towel on the inside the pan and stack the next pan on top and store until the next use.

In measuring the dough evenly into the (3) bread pans I found it very helpful to invest in a digital scale. On mine I can place the pan on the scale before turning on the scale and it will start at zero. So while adding the dough I know exactly how much dough will go in each loaf and all will be about the same weight/size.

Earthy, Dark Gluten and Corn Free Bread

3 cups milk, room temperature

4 eggs, room temperature

3 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1 tbsp plus 2 tsp yeast

Flavorings of your choice * see below

Combine milk, eggs, vinegar and yeast to your stand mixer bowl. Using the wire whisk, mix first on low then on med low or medium (depending on your mixer) to incorporate ingredients, 5-6 minutes. Make sure the thick molasses is not sitting on the bottom of the bowl!

Next add:

6 tbsp oil (I use Bertolli's Extra Light; good for sauteing, frying, baking)

6 tbsp molasses

Adding the oil to the liquid with the first ingredients might surround the yeast particles and "waterproof' them from activating. I have one of those small glass measuring cups for up to 10 tbsp. I find if I measure and pour in the oil first and then refill the cup with the molasses the molasses will not stick to the glass container.

Now mix on medium low or medium while you measure out your dry ingredients.

1 1/4 c sorghum flour

3/4 c glutinous or sweet rice flour

1 c quinoa flour

5 c Pamela's flour plus 2 tbsp extra if you are not going to add extra flavorings to the bread dough

1 tbsp NOW Real Food, Guar Gum (Xanthan gum could probably be used if it is corn free. I just have good luck with the guar gum I have listed)

2 tsp Authentic Foods Dough Enhancer

2 3/4 tsp safe salt (make sure your flavoring don't have salt in them; if they do, cut back on this salt)

Pour all of your dry ingredients in a large bowl or dutch oven. You will need room to stir. Now stir thoroughly to mix all the dry ingredients. Once mixed, spoon the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in your stand mixer bowl. Mix manually with a spoon to incorporate the wet with the dry.

Now exchange the whisk attachment on your stand mixer with the dough hook. Start mixing slow for a few minutes. Stop and using a spatula scrape the sides of the bowl to get it all mixed up. Now you can turn on your mixer to medium low or medium according to what your mixer will take. Mix for 20 minutes.

While that is mixing get your 3 pans ready. Grease them and place parchment paper inserts on the bottoms (see above). Also get out your digital scale and set it next to your pans. When 20 minutes of mixing is up stop the mixer and raise the mixer arm. Remove the dough hook and put it in the sink. You are done mixing.

Place the first pan on the scale and turn on the scale. It should register zero (if it's like mine). Take your big stiff spatula and scoop up a glob of the dough and put it in the bottom of the pan on the scale. Remove the pan from the scale and use a table spoon to evenly distribute the dough using the instructions I gave above. Put the pan back on the scale and measure out the rest of the dough for that loaf. Remove from the scale and distribute as I have described above. Set aside. Now repeat with the second and third pans. Each pan, filled should weigh approximately 1.8.5 or greater (1 lb, 8 oz, etc), not counting the weight of the pan. Scrape the bowl as clean as possible and use each of the spatulas on each other to remove as much dough as possible.

Now all 3 loaves should be done. Take some very soft coconut oil (you may have to melt some and let it cool) and dip your fingers in it. The idea is to moisten the top of the dough in each pan without slathering on the oil You don't want oil running down the sides between the bread dough and the inner pan. That will break down the dough and make it softer and then it will stick. So you want the tops moist but not dripping oil

Do not place a towel on the bread dough. I place mine in my oven on the proof cycle at 100 degrees for about 50 minutes. You want the dough to raise to the top of the lip of the pan and a little bit above. Not a lot, just a bit. It may take several attempt before you get the height correct. It's a fine line to get the loaves to raise to the exact height and allow your oven to heat up without the loaves raising to high. Experience will make you an expert. You may only be able to proof for 40, 45 or even 55 minutes. It all depends on how long it takes your oven to heat up.

Take the pans out of the proofing oven. And then start the oven on bake at 350 degrees. When oven is hot, carefully add the 3 loaves of bread without jarring and bake for 65-70 minutes.

The loaves should slip easily out of the pans right after you remove them from the oven (more so as your pans are seasoned from repeated use). Place on a cooling rack. Allow to completely cool but not more than that. If you allow them to sit out for a few extra hours the crust can become very dry and crumbly and fall off as you slice it.

I use one of those bread slicing guides that was popular in the 80's when bread machines were so popular and invest in a sharp bread knife. Then slice, bag and freeze. I usually make 3 loaves one day and then just leave all the ingredients out and make an additional 3 loaves the next day before putting everything away.

* Flavorings. I have been experimenting with different flavored breads.

Here are some suggestions

Onion bread: Add 3 tbsp onion powder

Caraway bread: Add 1 1/2 tbsp whole caraway

I've also had great success with a few of the Weber Seasoning blends, not all of them (available at Walmart in the spice/seasoning section). The salt listed in the ingredients does not cause a corn reaction with me.

Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb: Add 3 tbsp; taste it, you may need to reduce the salt in the bread dough ingredients)

Weber Garlic Jalapeno: I just tried this for the first time and added 2 tbsp and definitely decreased the amount of salt in the bread dough ingredients; haven't tasted it yet, but it sure smelled yummy while baking)

Those are just some that I have tried. Your imagination is the limit.

Again I will repeat, each loaf of dough in the pan, before baked, should weigh 1 lb, 8 oz plus at least 5 tenths of an ounce not counting the weight of the pan.

This recipe is adapted for high altitude at 5,000 feet above sea level. Lower elevations may need to make adjustments.