Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 30-04-2018, 11:13 PM
Experiencer
Wow! What an informative post. I never thought corn could be in so many things in so many different forms. Thank you for sharing your research with us.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I wanted to ask if you looked into Roundup (glyphosate) as well? Non-organic corn is heavily treated with it. And if corn is in so much of everything, just imagine how much glyphosate is being consumed as well.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Master
Round up is in hundreds of class action lawsuits because they failed (though they knew) it causes cancers.

The only way you can get away from Roundup in the grocery store is to buy organic. That guarantees no chemicals were used to raise the crop.

It'd be boring to read the whole thread unless you had a personal interest in the information. This has been my documented struggle to be healthy.

You make a good point about the treated corn (roundup ingredients) also being in everything. Hmmm, and tell me again why cancers are on the rise?

What I've seen, heard and experienced is that the normal American doesn't want to hear about it. They like their diet just fine. If I tell them their foods (I am specific when I talk to them about exactly what foods) are killing them, they get that "blank stare", are silent for a few heartbeats, and then change the subject. So there you have it.

Thank you for visiting Torgo.

If you hit rock bottom, start picking up rocks.

By embracing my imperfections I am becoming perfect.

Itís through the cracks that the light gets in.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Master
Note on the above recipe: Fleischmann's Bread Machine yeast: This may contain corn so you may have to use an alternate. Do your research. I do not have a problem with this but my allergy is not severe.

Furthermore, if you have a gluten or corn allergy or intollerance, make sure you do your own research on ingredients. Your reactions may be different from mine.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Master
I've become so sensitive to gluten and corn that my cats cannot have regular kibble that contains grain. After eating they lick their fur to clean themselves thus spreading their gluten all over their bodies. They they lay around the house. Once I touch that spot I get sick.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:13 PM
Experiencer
That sounds very hard to deal with, Linen. Even the cats spread it, wow. Very unfortunate allergy.. wishing you the best!
Incidentally, corn has been produced and eaten for many millenia. Surely it must be okay at some level, since people began to cultivate it. Or is it uniquely ‘good’ for natives like dairy is for Indo/Europeans? Is it a food that has just been tempered a lot with..? I had read a lot of bad things about syrup and fructose.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:26 AM
Master
Well for one it has been tampered with. And secondly it's literally in everything. Your toothpaste, mouthwash, all American made medications use corn starch as a binding agent (I have to have all my meds compounded), cleaning products, makeup, all sodas and beverages, in all processed foods and all ground coffees (yup, they are adding corn to your coffee). It's even in a can of tomatoes. They gas fruits and vegetables with a compound (that contains corn) to keep them from ripening to quickly, even the organic fruits and vegetables. Fortunately, I'm not sensitive to react to the gas but I know of people who can only eat fresh fruit and vegetables if they grow it themselves, which limits them to summertime only.

The list literally never ends. So Americans are being over-exposed to it. More corn allergies are popping up the more we are exposed to it. And since corn is not on the top list of allergies (thanks to the mega corn industry) it doesn't have to be listed on labels if it is in a chemical (made from corn, like vitamin C and citric acid) that is added to the package or can.

Ok, once again I will get off my soap box.