Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-01-2013, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes but is that not just a story within a story. Chapters within a greater story. Those meetings with pets creates a memory equal to the memories created when it was still in what you call the mind-body organism story, so if it is equally real then why not consider it equally as real? the only difference I can notice is the form in which it exist not whether it exist or not...
Well, in truth we as the mind body are just a story, we seem to be real, and in one level we are, but in reality or truth, we are not the mind body. So to say that the energy that is no longer the mind body as it was is real, is really getting lost in a deeper level of what we are not in truth.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Quagmire

To me it sounds like the same soup and you just explains it in two different languages while claiming one language to be more real than the other...
Old 12-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
To me it sounds like the same soup and you just explains it in two different languages while claiming one language to be more real than the other...
Yes you are right, it all does sound the same, and this was my whole point, it does seem like the energy that we believe to be our beloved, is who they were when their mind body organism was here, but the fact is its not the same, one was an illusion, the other the shadow of the illusion.

Old 13-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes this is true, but when the mind body organism is no more, the story is finished, that is of the mind body organism story. There is just energy left, just like the radio waves that are still traveling through space, if you lived on another planet you could hear what was said back when the first radio signals left the earth. But these signals are not relative any longer, there just waves of energy that has served their purpose. This is the same with the mind body organism, when it is finished their is a sort of energy wave that still travels, but the person who we knew is not that any longer. So seeing the energy of the love one is nice, it can help many, but don't cling to what you see, let it go.

I totally agree with the idea of not clinging to what you see -in a certain way. Because the ones who cross over don't stay the same exactly. They do most definitely change in one way or another. Most times they are fully and completely recognizable as the one you knew in the physical world. (Unless they progress far beyond Astral levels where they need no particular form, in which case it would be their energy-signature on a sensing/feeling/intuiting level, which we would most likely recognize.) But they do change and progress (evolve) spiritually, -even animals do-and so it's not fair to hold them down to a set of characteristics we once knew them to be.

But they are very much alive there, and very much "themselves", and fully and completely recognizable, and have an absolutely objective existence -in my experience anyway.
Old 14-01-2013, 04:00 AM
StephenK

Tobi, and Psy... love the conversation! Putting myself into each of your thread-of-thinking on this, I can see the empathetic wisdom as the base of each! A part of me has long given up attempting to describe any of this. For each time I try and frame these experiences I'm left realizing that we're dealing with shadows. How can we hope to explain something with any effectiveness if all we can see are the shadows?

This seems to be both the limitation and yet the benefit of being human.. It may be as "souls" that we're here for the experience, that we're born for the memories, that we're composed as a life for the sake of the journey. If this was the case, then the dog that had died a year ago, may well have taken his historic shape, in the way that he/I remembered, in order to share yet another moment, as we were back-when. On a soul level, there may be great value in memory and association. And though the forms may change, the earned-memory may well be still cherished.... While my dog that just died was still defined by this life and was mostly in search of immediate comfort. He may truly be quite different by now... but should the situation arrive he may possibly return to this form in celebration of the memories we shared.

The Definitions of ourselves are conditional, based on time and environment. We no longer see ourselves as we did as young children, and yet the child that we were is still there. A good hypnotist can verify that for us.... :^)

So we're experiencing and we're guessing... perhaps the more we experience the better our guessings... but I suspect that as long as we're human we'll be anchored to mostly knowings based on our five senses,, with the occasional peek into what's-more. That morning with the dogs for me was one of those glimpses. It was one of those moments when, I knew, I knew nothing.. and when I returned to my body I was okay with that... it's kinda cool being human and limited... how else would I have known my dogs for the sharing of such intimacy... perhaps it's these connections that we make every day, and over our lifetime, are ultimately what we're here for... it's these that we get to keep, as a state of blending in relation to each other... :^)